330 GTC MARKET VALUE | Page 3 | FerrariChat

330 GTC MARKET VALUE

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by geno berns, Feb 8, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    This colour combo could be the original combination of my own, 9367. It was Grigio Azzurro 19385 with Pelle Blu 3015.

I must say it looks very good! Great car.

Onno

2. LamboRider

LamboRider Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2011
    I can see the 365 GTC is rare but why would a standard 330 GTC be at $1M USD?
    It has been restored and is no longer original

3. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    LOVE me some Verde Mett.!!!
    IMHO that is one of the nicest looking GTC's I've seen in a while.
    I think the metallic colors really allow the GTC lines to resolve beautifully.

Tis a shame about the stereo and speakers, but nothing a few $$$$ can't take care of. Cna't tell from the pix; wonder if it still has the original heated rear window? And maybe just knock the shine on the tires down one notch? ;-)

OK, I'm suffering remorse big time now.........

4. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    #54 Daytonafan, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
    My drive home from work is brightened at the moment by seeing this on in the dealers window (no affiliation) http://www.landmarkcars.co.uk/stock/Ferrari-330-GTC/6309.htm

Lovely colour not seen Verde Chiaro before.

Edit looks like the same car posted above, but car is definitely here in London. The Autosport pictures are the same as Landmark uses for all their cars.

5. ByeEnzo

ByeEnzo Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2008
    Tejas
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo Bandini
    Just bumped up my agreed value coverage on my 330 GTC to reflect recent value increases. Bought the car 2 years ago and would never have thought prices would escalate as they have.

6. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    Yep, bumping mine as well.

7. redmagma1

redmagma1 Rookie

Jan 23, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Shervin

What is it worth now ?

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That's beautiful!

You'd better drop back in, when they are 'Open'!!!

Low miles, too!

9. ByeEnzo

ByeEnzo Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2008
    Tejas
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo Bandini
    No idea...not interested in selling. Just used some recent sales as benchmarks and had no problem with my insurer bumping it up. He has another client with a GTC who did the same. If values tank I'll drop the agreed value back down. Just don't want to sustain a loss where I can't replace it with another one by being priced out of the current market.

10. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    Ditto, I think I'm the "other client" by the way...

11. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Given the recent 330 GTC pricing, I am asking $725,000 for my 330 GTC. This said, I have room and look forward to a fair deal for all.

I welcome any questions you may have.

Regards,

Tom Papadopoulos
    Autosport Designs, Inc.
    Lotus Motorcars of Long Island
    203 West Hills Road
    Huntington Station, NY 11746
    Tel: (631) 425-1555, Ext. 303
    Fax: (631) 425-6185
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Website: Autosport Designs | Exotic, Vintage and Classic Car Sales, Service and Restoration | Buy Lotus Motorcars
    AutoSportDesigns.Com

12. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    The car was in excellent condition when the owner bought it. 99% of the people here would have just driven it as it was. This person always wanted a brand new 330GTC, so we restored everything on the car, every switch, electric motor, heater control, etc.

It was a $300k car at the time, and he spent another $300-400K on making it absolutely perfect. I have not seen another 330GTC taken to this level. It felt like you were driving a brand new car. To duplicate it today would cost over a million dollars.

13. 6carb

6carb Rookie

Jan 30, 2013
    The last 365 GTC coming up... punchy guide!

1969 Ferrari 365 GTC | Gooding and Company

Got to love the auction "experts" though. It may have some special paint and velour seats but i doubt it has 2 webers as quoted.. if so someone needs to go on Ebay for a spare!

14. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    Yeah, I have a question: Wasn't it $695 last week?

30/695 = 4.3% per week
    (1+.043)^52-1 = 792% per year

I have another question, but I think I'll keep it to my self.

15. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    This car has popped up on the market several times over the past couple of decades. As I recall, old ads for this car claimed it originally belonged to King Hassan II of Morocco. Now it's Barbara Hutton, who happened to live in Morocco at the time.

Pink ("rosso speciale") with tan suede interior. Looked rough when I saw it in person over 12 years ago. Don't know what's been done to it since.

16. 180 Out

180 Out Formula 3

Jan 4, 2012
    San Leandro, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill Henley
    From the Goodings ad: "2012 Pebble Beach Post-war Preservation Class Entrant." From a Pebble Beach press release dated July 2, 2007:

Postwar Preservation Class Set to Debut at Aug. 19 Event: Nearly 20 “preservation” vehicles will compete in all of their tattered glory at the Aug. 19 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance®. . . . Sprinkled among the perfection of immaculately restored classic cars, these unrestored gems, which haven’t seen a new coat of paint or an upholsterer in decades, will be in the “Prewar Preservation” category and, the newest Concours category, “Postwar Preservation through 1967”.

From these two factoids the answer to the question, what's been done to it since, is likely to be "not much."

17. redmagma1

redmagma1 Rookie

Jan 23, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Shervin
    #67 redmagma1, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013

I am in agreement with you Tom. In no time this car will be over a Million Dollars. I give it 18 months.
    Thanks

18. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Not that many months ago, people were predicting that gold would hit $2000 an ounce and
    Apple would get to $900/share. If it is such a sure thing then you should buy the GTC.

19. KenGoldman

KenGoldman Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 25, 2009
    MASS., USA
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Goldman
    I Bought my car with the idea that I like it--will drive it for a couple of years--and if it drops a bit, well I am going to have a good time.

As in old coins (which I deal with), antiques, cars & other collectibles, if you buy what you
    love, the investment will take care of itself after a while.

If you bought ANYTHING of very fine quality 20 years ago, (Coins, Cars, Land, Diamonds, etc)., and you paid 20% over market at that time, today it does not matter.

If you like it, enjoy it, and it makes you happy--it should be fine.

The people who can afford the 330 GTC, etc. have money & have made it do to investments, etc. If you do not buy something--my question is what are you waiting for--how old are you now. Do you want to wait until you are 80 years old to get something?? If you have the money & will enjoy yourself, I see no reason not to buy what you like & have a good time.

All of us are not here for very long--which is more visible as we all get older.

Ken Goldman

20. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    I am long 330 GTC but nervous. Should I hold over the weekend or get out?

21. cheesey

cheesey Formula 3

Jun 23, 2011
    put on a spread...

22. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Ken,

I agree fully!

Geno

23. ByeEnzo

ByeEnzo Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2008
    Tejas
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo Bandini
    My exact sentiments. Whether you are "long" or "shorting" cars, diamonds, stamps, coins, oriental rugs, land, etc., one thing is sure...life is short. Now if I can find a nice Daytona or PF Coupe to add to my collection.....

24. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    Just short two Dinos against it, you'll be fine.

25. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    I got out of my GTC position a bit early (sigh), but I am VERY long 550M.... 25 years maybe?