328 Passenger Rear Seat Pouch Lock Key | Page 2 | FerrariChat

328 Passenger Rear Seat Pouch Lock Key

Discussion in '308/328' started by Rossocorsa1, Mar 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 328PWC

328PWC Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 5, 2011
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Cissell
    My pouch key is original as well as blank, and I had purchased the car (1988 year with an October 1987 production date) from the original owner with all equipment, books, keys, etc. As has been stated in this thread and others, Ferrari has never been consistent with its parts or suppliers.

Rosey likes this.
  2. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Thanks for the clarification with your late model 328 Paul.
    Yes, from what I've read over the years your car is very original. By the way how long have you owned it for, how many miles, do you have photos of it posted in a thread?

3. maurice70

maurice70 F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2004
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    maurice T
    Unfortunately l didn't receive a key when l bought my car (87'328 GTS),not that l have ever needed it but it would be nice to have for originality sake..
    Did some cars come with both drivers and passengers pouch?
    My car only has one on the back of the passenger seat (Left seat in a right hand drive car)..

4. 328PWC

328PWC Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 5, 2011
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Cissell
    Mark - I Sent you a PM so as not to hijack the thread.

Rosey likes this.
  5. 328PWC

328PWC Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 5, 2011
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Cissell
    I am only aware of the pouch being behind the passenger seat.

6. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I would agree with Paul. On the 328’s I have only seen the pouch behind the passenger seat. Also, someone asked earlier, to my knowledge, every 328, regardless of model year, has a pouch behind the passenger seat.

Rifledriver and Rosey like this.
  7. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Thanks Paul, good point.

8. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Your car is that same as mine as they are both RHD. The pouch is only behind (in our case) the left hand side passenger seat.

9. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I received a bunch of envelopes yesterday. I’ll be sending out the keys Monday. I hope they all work out for everyone.

10. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
    I received my pouch key.
    Thank you very much. I love this site; we share information and items we have.
    Stephen

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Glad you got the key. Enjoy.

It turns out thang I still have three more for anyone else that is looking. Just PM me.

12. V.W. Porto

V.W. Porto Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Vincent W. Porto
    Hi Rossocorsa,

If you by any chance still have a spare key I'd love to buy one from you. Not sure how to PM since the website was changed.

Thanks,
    Vincent

13. Theruse

Theruse Karting

Jan 17, 2014
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Prescott Russo
    Your post prompted me to find my rear seat pouch key. Know I once had one. Can't find anywhere, since you have better luck finding some of your many, would appreciate one. BTW, couldn't PM

14. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Post your email address and I’ll reach out. I have a couple left.

15. Theruse

Theruse Karting

Jan 17, 2014
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Prescott Russo
  16. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    There was one key I sent Europe and one to Canada this weekend. Apologies for getting them out late. I had been traveling.

17. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    Any left at this point? I could use one.

18. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

PM me.

19. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I’m bumping this thread because I’ve had a number of people contact my asking for clarification regarding the 328 pouch lock key. The original keys were stamped with the Amiet logo on one side and the circled number “47” on the other. Some original keys seem to have also come blank with no inscriptions.

Amiet is a Swiss manufacturer of small locks primarily used in attaché cases, luggage and briefcases. They are still in business today, and they actually manufacture a very similar key, though the shape is not exact and the circled number is now “37” rather than the original “47”. I hope this provides some clarity to one of those peculiar Ferrari mysteries. Original keys are photographed below.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Rosey likes this.
  20. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Nice one Jeffrey, and here is a photo of my original key set with the original unstamped pouch keys a reference too.
    I have a second set of identical door and ignition keys but as far as I know only one pouch key came with the car.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. 328GTSinPA

328GTSinPA Rookie

Dec 22, 2019
    PA
    Full Name:
    David Felker
    Hello, I'm a newbie...just bought a 1988.5 328 GTS. I'd love to buy a pouch key if you have any left.

My email is [email protected]

22. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Hi David,
    Unfortunately I never had any keys available to sell. Those are the original keys that came with my car.
    Maybe try eBay or put an ad in the wanted parts section of this forum.
    Good luck.
    MR

23. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I just emailed you. Connect with me and I’ll advise you on how to easily get an original key for your car.

24. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Since my post (above) from a few days ago, a few have contacted me about how to acquire an original Amiet key for their pouch lock. To be clear, I’m referencing an actual original “47” key - not the current “37” key that Amiet currently stamps, or one that’s kind of close. I’m referring to an original key from the 80’s for your pouch lock, exactly like those delivered originally with your car.

In the 80’s, as they do today, Amiet manufactured locks for suitcases, cosmetic cases, briefcases, etc. As a result, Ferrari used them as their source for the simple little lock on the pouch located behind the passenger seat. There was nothing terribly unique or extraordinary about these locks. In fact, the very same “snake eyes” lock mechanism was used on countless other products in the same era. So, if you simply go on eBay and search for:

“Amiet locks”
    “Amiet cases”
    “Vintage Amiet locks”

These are just a few suggested searches. I recommend you try other word scrambles to find the most options.

You will find numerous items will pop up that share the exact same lock mechanism as your 328. Now, the problem is, just like your car, many of the keys for these items have long been lost or discarded, so you need to contact the seller and request clear images of the keys to verify that they exist and that the correct period stamping is on them - specifically the Amiet logo on one side and the number “47” on the other. Also, given that some very trustworthy and credible owners seem to have keys with no stamping on them, I don’t doubt that some keys were produced blank (Amiet confirmed this very possibility to me when I spoke with them), so I would say either will suffice. Lastly, be patient. These items are constantly popping up on eBay. If it isn’t currently available, it will show in time. I hope this helps.

348KYD and Rosey like this.