328 MEGA THREAD | Page 54 | FerrariChat

328 MEGA THREAD

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by AJS328, Aug 9, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tampa328

Tampa328 Karting

May 10, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Randy Stribling
    #1326 Tampa328, Jan 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    A video of my '86 blu sera in Fairhaven (Bellingham) WA last summer. [ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzKMcaNr0a0[/ame]

3. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I actually saw your video the other day while surfing Youtube. Beautiful car!

4. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Can't go wrong with a concave wheel red/tan GTS. That's the car that got me hooked! :)

5. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I actually posted my own 328 video on Youtube the other day. It's my first GoPro video so it's not great, but I was surprised with the decent sound quality. I ran into a lot of traffic on the back roads, and because of the camera mount placement, I got a lot more of the roof than I would want. Anyway, I'm curious what you guys think of it. Don't be too harsh! :)

https://youtu.be/3lOlLd63E48

6. Einsteiger

Einsteiger Karting

Oct 9, 2014
    Overland Park, KS US
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    AJS: I liked the vid, even though the camera angle did give the feeling of being in a non-existent back seat. ;) The big plus was the total absence of idiotic music. the exhaust note is music enough. Looking forward to the next one. :)

7. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino

Thank you! I agree that unnecessary music spoils a lot of vids. These cars sound great so there's no reason to add any more sounds.

I have been fiddling with the camera mount and I think the next time the view will be better. I didn't like how the rear view mirror blocked the cars in front of me. It made it look like I was going slow on purpose. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Thank you, but it's not my video, just my car. Video taken by Tucker Fellows, a young Bellingham car enthusiast and photographer who spotted it parked while my wife and I were having coffee. He waited for us to return to the car and asked if he could take a some still photos and the video.

It's an Nov 86 build, always in the PNW, originally delivered in OR, then to WA, and now BC.

9. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I liked your "no music" video. So many videos have music that immediately sounds dated, superfluous, and masks the aural pleasure of the car. The 328's engine sound will not become dated and is integral to the driving pleasure. Unfortunately, the inside mirror does detract from the sense of being in the car and the view of the world from inside a 328. I enjoyed the video and look forward to seeing your next instalment. Jon

10. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Thanks for the constructive criticism. I will definitely try to make the camera angle better next time. As they say, watch this space. :)

11. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    #1336 AJS328, Jan 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    I shot another video during a short cruise last night in my 328. It's dark, the image stabilization is marginal, and the sound quality isn't as good as the first video, but I think the camera angle is better this time. This GoPro thing is a learning process. Let me know what you think.

https://youtu.be/HCldRAjHcFY

12. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Good to see a night driving video. Your revised camera placement works well. This is an old link on YouTube that has a good forward view with the inside mirror removed, although would be nice to see more of the shifter [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a96DwxLmWzg[/ame]

13. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino

Thanks! I actually prefer driving my car at night. The roads are less crowded and I love the look of the pop-up headlights. The obvious problem is the lighting. I think if I can find a nice, smooth, well-lit road/highway that it could actually make for a cool video. And I figured out a way to zoom in during the editing process which will make the daytime videos with the new camera placement even better. Thanks again for the feedback.

14. tikitiki

tikitiki Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2014
    Windermere, Fl
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I really do enjoy seeing your 328. Gorgeous spec away from RC.

15. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino

Thank you very much. It's a special car.

16. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I know that piece of I-95! I was on it myself - in my Honda Civic - back in November.

17. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino

Chester, PA. Lovely this time of year...

18. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I like to take a look at this thread from time to time as I never get tired of watching 328s but now I have a few questions.

The "mourning" black logo with the birth and death dates of Enzo Ferrari and the Berlinetta Boxer paint scheme are original?

19. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
  20. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Alright! Like that you can see the full road / windshield, steering wheel and shifter. Thought I was riding shotgun. Nice road to drive too.
    Cheers
    Jon

21. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Thank you Jon!

22. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Chester's okay - but only if you're just passing through! I used to work just up the road, at the Boeing plant.

23. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    A good friend of our family worked at Boeing. He retired a year or so ago.

24. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Okay, I think you guys may like this one. I shot another short video of my car today with the GoPro mounted on the driver side of the engine lid and the microphone inside of the engine bay. The sounds from the engine seem to be more pure than what you hear in most videos, and there's no wind noise. The car has a Hyper-Flow cat, but other than that the exhaust system is stock. Let me know what you think. I hope you enjoy it! :)

https://youtu.be/VMHIwmnIinE

25. Einsteiger

Einsteiger Karting

Oct 9, 2014
    Overland Park, KS US
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    OOPS. The link above did not take me anywhere. Issues?