31st Annual Colorado Concours d'Elegance & Exotic Sports Car Show | Page 2 | FerrariChat

31st Annual Colorado Concours d'Elegance & Exotic Sports Car Show

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by JasonMiller, May 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    I have no idea who the organizer is, but if I may make an assumption here, this is exactly why show organizers MUST be car people!

I totally understand why people left, and I totally understand why people stayed. The organizers need to keep in mind, "there's always next year".

It was interesting seeing so many cars hiding under trees. :)

I hope I see the CT some other time. Cheers guys.

2. Imola2001

Imola2001 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2005
    SoCO & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Mike C.
    Sorry I missed the show, but glad I missed the weather!

Good to hear everybody & their cars were OK :)

3. judo

judo Karting

Mar 22, 2014
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Full Name:
    Justin
    That CT is too sweet! Does anyone know if it's a QV?

4. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    What car are you talking about? My car?

5. judo

judo Karting

Mar 22, 2014
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Yes sir, just wondering if your Countach was a QV (I think the quattrovalvole models are fuel injected and ones before them had carburetors, like the Ferrari 308's...probably cooler sound)

6. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    It's a 1982. It's the very first LP5000S ever constructed. That means it's a 2v carbed car with side draft webers. Not sure why you would think its a 4v.

7. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    It's ok Sherpa, not everyone knows a Countach like we do! Better to ask than assume.

Couple guys I overheard at the concours thought a Gallardo was 300-400k. Asking prevents foot in mouth syndrome.

8. judo

judo Karting

Mar 22, 2014
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Very nice piece of history, glad you missed the hail. i probably assumed 4v as I remember ~20yrs ago (snot-nosed-16yr-old-punk at the time, so my memory serves me wrong) going to a exotic car dealer (Arapahoe Rd & Havana? they sold some Noble's...) and sitting in a red LP 500S and the salesperson said the 5000SQV was the next model. I can't wait to get a Countach ;)

9. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Ha! Well, I think that you know a lot more than I do.

I have had this car for a year and I have a 5" binder of records going all the way back to when it was the Geneva Auto Salon show car for Lamborghini and I'm embarrased to to say that I've only flipped through it casually once.

I had it as the posters on my walls since I was 9 years old and figured it was time to actually buy one and this was the best one that I was able to track down over the last 3 years. The problem is that I never drive it because it attracts way, way too much attention. This was only the 4th time or so I've driven it since I've owned it.

No worries at all. I didn't know if you saw something that made it look like a QV. It's not an 88.5 or 89 car as you can see (no strakes or modified skirts), and QV's have a tell tale engine hoods. Lastly, the QV's have "Quatrovalvole" marked on the back. I was curious as to whether or not you saw something on this car that would make one think it was a QV, that's all.

10. judo

judo Karting

Mar 22, 2014
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Maybe a Superleggera ;) ?

11. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    You made me blush, and....nah, no way.

More than the F40?

Yeah, no. :)

12. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    WAY more. That car is a total freaking circus. No one knows what the F40 is.

13. judo

judo Karting

Mar 22, 2014
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Hehe, 9yrs old with a countach poster makes you a faily young guy now, thems knees sure come in handy having scissor doors (and looow car). It makes me feel for the guys selling their CT's when they're in their seventies, noting that they can't get in-and-out of that car anymore.

Funny as I was standing a couple feet from your car at Elevation Mot. and would've eyed it longer (at least notice the badges in back hehe, I was more taken-back seeing a CT for the first time in a decade), but they kindly noted it was a customers and then put up the separator poles. My teeth marks are probably on the rubber of the front-left tire if you must know, when they dragged me away and tried to rent me the Testarossa ;)

14. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Those guys had to listen to my "take care of my ****" speech once and after that I don't think that they will ever let someone touch, sit in, or generally mess with any of my cars ever again. I hope that it didn't come off as rude but I appreciate their putting up the little rope or chains.

Jesse does a great job detailing my cars and I don't mind leaving them there for any extra length of time so that people can see them. Next car to be there will most likely be the F40.

15. judo

judo Karting

Mar 22, 2014
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Yeah they were very polite to me (Jesse and Shawn?) and respectfully-aware of those lurking about their shop, I'm considering taking a car into them to get it detailed, good to know you like 'em. I've been eye-ballin' the red testarossa (60K), Michael said it was all sorted out.

How long does it take them to detail an F40 or Countach? Your CT already looked tight before they started.

16. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    #41 JasonMiller, Jun 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    #42 sherpa23, Jun 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
    I really have no idea. I am a little fanatical about keeping my cars in exceptional condition. They usually look nice before they get detailed.

18. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Sorry I missed you, j. I saw you every time I was talking to some one and couldn't find you when the conversation was done. We will just have to do lunch.

19. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Me too!!!!

20. MichaelB145

MichaelB145 Karting

Apr 22, 2010
    at the Man Cave
    Full Name:
    Michael Bergren
    Usually it takes a couple days to do a good polish but it's well worth the wait! Cars with the 22ple glass coating take 5 days to cure all the way but I'm sure you have seen the pictures here on Ferrari chat on how they turn out. They look dripping wet and don't have to be waxed for up to 3 years.

21. judo

judo Karting

Mar 22, 2014
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Thanks for the info Mike. Next spring I'll probably take a car down to Man Cave and get the deep polish plus the coating. You guys do nice wraps too, does a vinyl wrap hide minor fiberglass stress cracks (say 1" hairline crack)?

22. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    Anytime my friend.