#31479 for sale on eBay and in CA. What do we know? | FerrariChat

#31479 for sale on eBay and in CA. What do we know?

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by JAnastas, Nov 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    Pretty car. Love the color.

2. Guiseppe C.

Guiseppe C. Rookie

Nov 3, 2017
    Very pretty car. Yes California legal with certificate of compliance, COO,EPA,DOT. All service records from 1980 when it was ordered to date with every mile documented. most of all service was done by Bruno from Modena. After his passing car was serviced by a very well known Italian automobile service. A lot of good documents and history! I inspected the car today for a friend of mine from out of the country, no deal do to price. In my opinion the car is worth the seller asking price and more but my friend have a retail shop and needs a DEAL. It looks real good, sounds and drives amazing, seller is also a true gentleman.

Good luck to buyer and seller.
    GC

3. JAnastas

JAnastas Karting

Nov 24, 2013
    Los Angeles
    What does the seller want for the car? His price? Is it currently road legal and CA registered w/ current tag/SMOG? Thanks.

4. JAnastas

JAnastas Karting

Nov 24, 2013
    Los Angeles
    PS: If your friend is in Europe where prices seem to be nearly 2X US retail, how much of a "deal" does he need?

5. Ramboy

Ramboy Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2009
    Stockholm
    Full Name:
    David Ramm
    Owned by Steve Gerber of LA from (at least) 1984-1992. By 1996 owned by Brendan Gallaher of CA, who also had a Testarossa at the time.
    The wheels looked standard during Gerber's ownership but by the time Gallaher owned it in 1996 it had the coloured inserts.

The colour is Rosso Metallizzato.

6. Guiseppe C.

Guiseppe C. Rookie

Nov 3, 2017
    Very correct information by Ramboy. Owner asking price is in the 40's, again in my opinion worth it, as its a very fine car.(not a show but very honest and sound)

7. miami355

miami355 Karting

Sep 2, 2006
    Miami, FL
    That rear bumper though.......

8. Guiseppe C.

Guiseppe C. Rookie

Nov 3, 2017

Found on YouTube- absolutely nothing wrong with rear bumper.

Good luck to buyer and seller.
    GC

9. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    #10 samsaprunoff, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    Good day All,

Just adding Doc... I sure love the color! ... and the nice selection of Lambos around 31479!

Cheers,

Sam

1981 Ferrari 400i
    Color: Rosso Metallizzato (Thanks RamBoy) exterior ... interior tan with black accents
    Mileage: 60000 (?)
    Chassis: 31479
    Bid: $17000 USD (29 bids) - 5 Days to Auction End

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
  11. JAnastas

JAnastas Karting

Nov 24, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Thanks. Any needs?

12. Guiseppe C.

Guiseppe C. Rookie

Nov 3, 2017
    Mechanically very sound. Exterior looks real nice for age,I will remove the tint from all glass. interior looks good, driver seat shows a little wear but not bad, dashboard is probably the worst but also not very bad. Its shrinking a little not very noticeable. 400i just serviced and ready- BTW its a sunroof car and works great with headliner in excellent condition. really nice honest, mostly original car!

Good luck to both..

GC

13. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White

Not trying to disparage the car, but are you mad? Both front and rear bumpers will need to be replaced. The ones fitted are the silly 5mph retrofit bumpers that Amerispec used during US DOT certification. Surprised they are still on it. Luckily, one can still find both bumpers for the car, but they should certainly be changed out for proper bumpers.

14. Guiseppe C.

Guiseppe C. Rookie

Nov 3, 2017
    Mad? Of course not. And why should I be? I believe if the bumpers were any issue, one of the three long term owners would of replaced them. Service history shows how loved this 400i is and without any expense spared bumpers would be the easiest. Might look good to one and real ugly to other-

I believe with any Ferrari there is much more important areas to look for than bumpers! Unfortunately most 70' 80' Ferrari's, Lamborghinis had to have US ugly bumpers.

Hi Brian, Im with you on the bumpers, I have changed on my 400. Super easy to get, Lyle Tanner have a set at all times and very inexpensive..

GC

15. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    How do I contact Lyle Tanner?

16. Guiseppe C.

Guiseppe C. Rookie

Nov 3, 2017
    (972)722-8070.

GC