308 wheels | FerrariChat

308 wheels

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Plutexams, Jul 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Plutexams

Plutexams Rookie

Mar 31, 2018
    Full Name:
    RICHARD R PLUT
    I have a friend with a 308 who is looking to replace the ORIGINAL wheels and tires (38 year old tires, amazing). Does anyone have any recommendations for wheels to avoid and those to get? Thanks much.

2. DonB

DonB Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2003
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Don Bartz
    What kind of wheels does he have now? What kind of tires?

3. Plutexams

Plutexams Rookie

Mar 31, 2018
    Full Name:
    RICHARD R PLUT
    The wheels are the ones that came with the car originally. The tires are Michelins. The metric size tires are very expensive so he is interested in replacing the wheels with something that matches the car and wants a quality wheel.

4. DonB

DonB Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2003
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Don Bartz
    There are aftermarket 16" alloy wheels available in the traditional stock Ferrari look. They're the same wheels the early Quatrovalve 308's came with I believe.

Anyway, because they're 16" there is a good selection of tires available for the car. I put these on my '79 GTB and it made a world of difference. They look Image Unavailable, Please Login pretty good too. I think the alloy set can be had for around$1500 per set of 4.....

5. Plutexams

Plutexams Rookie

Mar 31, 2018
    Full Name:
    RICHARD R PLUT
    Agree they look great. Can you tell me the brand and where he could get them? Thanks much.

6. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Already answered in your other thread yesterday - many threads with broader information about these items

7. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    Go to Superformance UK they have them