308 Turn signal failure | FerrariChat

308 Turn signal failure

Discussion in '308/328' started by Alex Rogo, Apr 19, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alex Rogo

Alex Rogo Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2004
    California
    I've had my '85 308 QV for about three months now, and no problems. Today I took it in for a brake fluid change, and when I picked it up all the turn signals have stopped functioning...no dash indicator, no lights in either direction. Is there something that could have been knocked loose during the service, or is it just coincidence? Would this problem likely result from a bad fuse, a burnt bulb, or something else more serious? Car has 60k miles. Any help or link to sites covering this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  3. bspellerin

bspellerin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2011
    Midlothian, Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian Pellerin
    Do your Hazard lights work? Every now and then when my blinkers don't not work properly, the usual remedy for me is to actuate my hazard switch on and off a few times as the blinker wiring goes thru there as well.

miketuason likes this.
  4. ztarum

ztarum Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    South Jersey, USA
    What he said.

5. fastradio

fastradio F1 Rookie
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 26, 2006
    New England
    Full Name:
    David Feinberg
    A Ferrari tradition...carried on from at least the early Boxer days. It is part of my "First drive in the spring" maintenance schedule! : D

6. md88plt

md88plt Karting
    BANNED

Mar 4, 2008
    usa
    Full Name:
    dc
    Also check ground wire secure and claen at bumper ground connection.

7. Matto

Matto Formula 3

Dec 26, 2011
    Mooresville, NC USA
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I do have to periodically wiggle the Hazard switch to bring the turn signals back on line.....it's become comic relief. Before long, I'll open that sucker and go at it with some Stabilant 22. There are many fascinating "stops" within Ferrari circuits

8. Alex Rogo

Alex Rogo Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2004
    California
    Thanks guys. This solved the problem, at least for the short term.

9. shawxhurst

shawxhurst Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Steve Hawxhurst
    Did you go to a Ferrari-knowledgeable shop or to the corner gas station? Either way, I would take the car back to them. After all, it worked when you brought it in.
    Unfortunately, the light stalks are fragile on these cars - easy to break just getting in and out especially for a bigger guy. Check fuses and relays - do you know if you have a "Birdman" replacement fuse box in there? If it is broken you need to contact Verell at Unobtainium Supply (he has a website and specializes in this sort of problem). Unfortunately at 65K miles things on your car will begin to wear out. Not to worry - I have an 85QV with 104K mostly trouble free miles but I have had to fix some things along the way.

10. jim rosenthal

jim rosenthal Karting

Sep 10, 2006
    Thanks for posting these. I have the same problem on my '85 GTB; will try turning the hazard lights on and off a few times before getting out the test light and VOM.