308 DASHCAM Install? | FerrariChat

308 DASHCAM Install?

Discussion in '308/328' started by stoked_7, May 1, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stoked_7

stoked_7 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2020
    USA
    Has anyone installed a dashcam in their 308? I was having thoughts on this as it is recommended to hardwire into the fuse block for parking mode. They recommend wiring into a spot that is accessory power or key in the on position power only for dashcams so they don't drain the battery. Any thoughts are appreciated.

2. Imatk

Imatk Formula Junior

May 6, 2007
    I haven't done it in my 308 but I've done it in every other car I own.

For the 308 I wouldn't worry about parking mode as much (that's just me) since I'm not going to be out of eyeshot of it generally. But most dash cams have backup batteries that last a good hour or so for parking mode just need to research what you want.

I have all of mine hooked into the "key on" circuit (usually radio etc.) and I use a save a fuse. If you have an old fuse block I would suggest upgrading before doing this to something with bladed fuses... would make life much easier for you in this case.

stoked_7 likes this.
  3. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    Yes. But the system I have is a little older forward looking and plugs into the cigarette lighter. The new system would have 360* view and be hard wired.

stoked_7 likes this.
  4. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I just have a suction-cup-and-lighter-socket one on mine. It was like $50 on Amazon and does the job just fine.

stoked_7 likes this.
  5. stoked_7

stoked_7 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2020
    USA
    I might just go that route for simplicity.