308 A/C functioning | FerrariChat

308 A/C functioning

Discussion in '308/328' started by Alex Rogo, Aug 9, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alex Rogo

Alex Rogo Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2004
    California
    My a/c does not seem to work (not sure that it ever has since I acquired it). Where should I start looking?

Cheers

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Since you don't say what you have tried nor what happened so start by turning it on (right hand knob clockwise) and ensuring the left hand knob is roughly central - the fan should blow - if it is not cold it may just need a charge

There's a bunch of 3x8 technical threads grouped at the top of this section - go thro' them as some cover a/c

3. AaronMeisner

AaronMeisner Formula Junior

Jul 15, 2014
    Baltimore MD USA
    Full Name:
    Aaron Meisner
    I would start by making sure it still has a belt. No belt, no point in looking much further. Next, You are going to need to know if the system is leaking. Any decent Euro Indy shop should be able to put vacuum on the system for a few hours. If it holds vac and has a belt, you have a good shot at getting it working.

My indy guy ended up converting it to R134 and throwing on a belt. It works about as well as you can probably expect 30 year-old Italian AC to work. By the way, I consider this to be a miracle. I was shocked when they told me that it held vacuum.