3.2 rear bumper fitment | FerrariChat

3.2 rear bumper fitment

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by hnichols, Oct 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hnichols

hnichols Karting

Apr 15, 2020
    Chicago IL
    Full Name:
    Hugh Nicholson
    I'm wondering if the rear bumper on my 3.2 was installed incorrectly or if the uneven gap is just a Ferrari build-quality issue. The bumper slides into brackets on each side and bolts into the frame from underneath, so it seems like it would be an all-or-nothing fit. But it clearly looks off. Would it be worthwhile removing it an reinstalling?
    TIA
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
  3. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    It should not be like that

Cadillacbart likes this.
  4. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    Agreed, but it is......
    Wondering, what year is your car? If it’s an 88, what month?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. hnichols

hnichols Karting

Apr 15, 2020
    Chicago IL
    Full Name:
    Hugh Nicholson
    It's an 87.

6. Rupp3r

Rupp3r Karting

Aug 26, 2016
    France
    Hello

I have the same thing on my 89 Mondial T.
    I just removed it again and I think it would be resolved by adjusting the height of the support bracket that is hold by two bolts.
    And then I think one must put the correct washer beeween the support and the châssis.
    But I am not sure about this if someone can confirm it?

7. hnichols

hnichols Karting

Apr 15, 2020
    Chicago IL
    Full Name:
    Hugh Nicholson
    That's what i was thinking: put a washer or two between the chassis and the bracket (on either only one or both bolts), forcing the rear of the bumper down a bit. You seem to be suggesting that there is supposed to be a washer there, if I'm understanding your second sentence correctly.

8. Rupp3r

Rupp3r Karting

Aug 26, 2016
    France
    I just put my bumper back yesterday.

I put a washer beeween the bracket and the châssis at the rear bolt at one side but not at the other.
    I was seeing clearly that when pushing the bumper up there was a gap between the bracket and the châssis.

But I don't think this is adjusted by this washer because you don't have the choice if you don't want to bend the châssis.

At one side my bumper is like yours and I think it is because the bracket is bolted to high or too low on the bumper, since I think the heigh of the bracket can adjusted but I haven't tried yet..

9. hnichols

hnichols Karting

Apr 15, 2020
    Chicago IL
    Full Name:
    Hugh Nicholson
    Do you mean the bracket on the bumper -- which is then bolted to the chassis -- is adjustable on the bumper itself? I hadn't noticed that. But if it is, that would be the obvious solution.