2ND Annual Castaway Critters Car Show | Page 6 | FerrariChat

2ND Annual Castaway Critters Car Show

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by tclark, Jan 11, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    YEP!

2. jrinehart

jrinehart Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2009
    Chambersburg, PA
    Full Name:
    John Rinehart
    Kevin, I heard through the grapevine that Karosserie will do a perfect job with a bribe of a wooden Ferrari plaque. Just saying since the swap of the front bonnet was not performed with the 355 spider at the show.

3. autowerks9

autowerks9 Formula 3
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2009
    North Wales, Pa.
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Dave,

Tom and I had discussed this as well. At minimum adding a " Honorable Mention" or 1st, 2nd. and 3rd. to each class and/or even Sponsor supported awards may also be options.

David

4. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    I also think you need to raise the entry fee from 5 bucks. We're trying to raise some money for a charity, I think we could pony up just a bit more.

And, I don't know if anyone realizes, Tom made those 4 wooden plaques. I never got good shots of them, but they were quality pieces of very precise work. Major kudos to tom for all his efforts.

regards

ken

5. Photog

Photog Formula 3

Sep 24, 2009
    Kansas City, Mo
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Finally near a computer. Tom and Betsy did an AMAZING job! It was worth the 8 hour drive down for this. I got there early to help get things ready and hold a bunch of cute puppies. Great turnout with a lot of good people and nice cars. It was nice to catch up with old friends and make some new ones. I hope everyone got to see the insanely cool wooden plaques Tom had made for the raffle prizes, I was blown away! Weather ended up holding off and somehow with all the cloud cover still got a tan. I took some photos and will upload those guys tomorrow. Excellent show.

6. NissanGuy23

NissanGuy23 Karting

Jan 14, 2011
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Andrew McQuaide
    Very cool show, such a awesome mix of cars. Met someone else with my exact car who showed up, Platinum Graphite Nismo

7. Photog

Photog Formula 3

Sep 24, 2009
    Kansas City, Mo
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I am at the 5:00 minute mark pulling away and my external wastegate from the Turbo opening, I love it!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyVXjpGN-Vc[/ame]

8. Jazzman

Jazzman Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Tom and Betsy

The show was phenomenal! Thanks for all your efforts.

Ken

9. The_Pagani_Kid

The_Pagani_Kid Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2011
    MD
    Full Name:
    Eli
    It was a great show. And I got to meet RealMCR12.

10. Photog

Photog Formula 3

Sep 24, 2009
    Kansas City, Mo
    Full Name:
    Matt
    #135 Photog, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here are some photos from my point and shoot camera, descriptions in order of the photos. Tom and Betsy and some friends there around 6:30am to help set up (I just drove down from NC the night before). Setting things up, no sooner did I learn there were puppies in the trunk of the jeep! Ken, Craig and I were parking cars, but in the mean time we parked on the side. One of these is not like the other... Ken moved his 430 due to a vendor getting a little close, so being the good person I am and after donating to be in the show, acted as a buffer between the cars and the tents with my STi :D Matt Damon was in the museum if you did not see him ;) Lastly, these guys are what made the show.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. cyocum

cyocum Karting

May 16, 2010
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Tom & Betsy,

Great Show again! A lot of hard work went into making this show happen and it is all because of you two. I can't wait until next year to see how you exceed Castaway Critters 2012.

12. RealMCR12

RealMCR12 Karting

May 24, 2011
    Maryland
    is the owner of this 458 here? :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gibMu0Bh64I[/ame]

13. tclark

tclark Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom Clark
  14. mtmd11

mtmd11 Karting

Jun 1, 2011
    York, PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin W.
    Do 458s have a front lift to get the nose off the ground? It looks a bit high in the video. I know on my car the manual says that it will automatically drop the nose if you go over... I think it's 25 mph with the nose up.

Anyway, beautiful car with a nice exhaust note.

It sure is interesting to read about the FV10 program. To own and drive a retired F1 car is pretty insane.

Makes me think of the Top Gear where Richard Hammond is trying to drive the Renault F1 car: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGUZJVY-sHo[/ame]

I think of my brief time behind the wheel of a Formula Ford/F2000 car and how visceral that experience is, and how raw the car... and yet this, it seems like it is just another Galaxy of automotive experience.

15. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
  16. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    sooo cool.......

awesome Kev

17. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    If you think that's sweet, check this one out :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7el2hLJgrA[/ame]