2ND Annual Castaway Critters Car Show | Page 5 | FerrariChat

2ND Annual Castaway Critters Car Show

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by tclark, Jan 11, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    Dennis,

Tom and Betsy Clark's event is first and foremost a fundraiser for animals. IMHO, the "Concours" portion is really a way to raise money for the charity, so bring some money or a check, in addition to some quick detailer spray and a few rags.

http://ahdcvets.com/2012/03/support-castaway-and-see-awesome-cars/

2. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    Up here in Hershey and the skies are clear. We shall see how the weather gods treat us tomorrow.

cheerz

ken

3. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    But cold! Freezing warning, so watch those cold tires folks!

4. Photog

Photog Formula 3

Sep 24, 2009
    Kansas City, Mo
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Perfect in Lancaster

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

5. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    The sun is out! A touch nippy out there but still, clear.

6. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    Channel 8 just gave its weather report, chilly start temps up to 51-54. Sunshine to start with high clouds working their way in. possible rain starting after 3. We look good for the show with judging to take place early with the goal of getting the awards handed out ahead of the normal schedule.

Hope to see you on the greens of the AACA museum!

ken

7. jrinehart

jrinehart Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2009
    Chambersburg, PA
    Full Name:
    John Rinehart
    Great show and the weather held off. No rain. Some fantastic cars there today. Got home without a drop of rain. Thank you Tom and all who helped to make this a great show. Kevin I still think we could have swapped out your front bonnet with the other red 355 there and he wouldn't have known the difference.

8. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    #110 jgoodman, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

10. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I had a great time, as did my friend Jim who came (it was his first one). Well organized, and I liked the new parking format this year. We got lucky with NO rain, and what a varied and terrific selection of cars from all marques and eras.

I almost adopted another cat (but reason got the better of me - 3 is enough!). What a great cause, and looking forward to next year.

Scott

11. mtmd11

mtmd11 Karting

Jun 1, 2011
    York, PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin W.
    #113 mtmd11, Apr 28, 2012
  12. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Awwww man, I missed the Kissmobile?

13. Tonk

Tonk Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    Full Name:
    Chris
  14. RealMCR12

RealMCR12 Karting

May 24, 2011
    Maryland
    Here is Part 1 of the cars leaving the show.

Great Show, really great turnout
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v6h03aLzOs[/ame]

15. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I had a great time today, as did my Mom. Thanks to everyone for making her feel welcome! As an aside, it was pretty funny watching her face when I briefly lit the afterburner on the turnpike.

All in all, despite the threatening weather, it was a spectacular show for a wonderful cause and I am really proud to have been a part of it.

16. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    #118 kvisser, Apr 29, 2012
    Thanks, Joe for coming down. It was great to finally see the TR. It was great to see all the cars come and fill the field.

This is indeed, a fine event and I too am proud to participate. Tom and his team of volunteers organized an excellent event with spot on logistics and setup.

Here are a couple of my shots that I've processed so far.

regards

ken
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. tclark

tclark Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom Clark
    #119 tclark, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
    I'd just like to thank all of you for making this show such a success. I'd especially like to thank David Schamerhorn (Autowerks.9) for the beautiful trophies that he made for us again this year. Also, many thanks to our distinguished judging panel who again traveled quite a great distance, and volunteered their time in order to make this happen. Our judging panel included notables such as Dave Olimpi, Ken Visser, Ed Warburton and Ralf Berthiez, along with several local judges.

We also had some fantastic sponsors this year including Algar Ferrari, Harrisburg Fiat, The Law Firm of Ahmad & Zaffarese, Radcliffe Motorcar Company, and Competizione and Sports Cars. Their generosity goes miles in helping with the cause.

And of course, thanks so much to all who registered their cars for this event. Without the cars, there would be no car show. Thank you for your support.

As a side note, every puppy and kitten that was taken to the show yesterday, is now spoken for!!! :) :) :)

I forgot to mention, we had 134 cars on the field.

18. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

19. Olimpi

Olimpi Karting

Sep 26, 2004
    Middleburg, VA
    Full Name:
    David D. Olimpi
    Tom-
    This amazing show has really expanded in only it's second year, from 99 cars on the field last April to yesterday's 134. The quality of the entries was impressive. The judges are in agreement that for 2013 we should create additional classes and increase the number of trophies awarded in order that more outstanding entries receive recognition.

D a v e

20. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Thanks Tom and Betsy for a fantastic event!

In addition to helping a great cause, the turnout and quality of cars was amazing. You even pulled some strings with the weather!

By the way, Stacy had to hold the Ferrari plaque all the way home. Apparently the 355 trunk is smaller than the 360's.

21. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    Are you kidding me Kevin?!!! You won that awesome hand carved wooden Ferrari plaque?

22. exoticcarfan

exoticcarfan Karting

May 17, 2010
    Pottstown PA
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    great show yesterday. really enjoyed the variety of cars. it was my 1st time seeing an SLS up close and man is that 1 hell of a car.