2ND Annual Castaway Critters Car Show | Page 4 | FerrariChat

2ND Annual Castaway Critters Car Show

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by tclark, Jan 11, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    UGH. Accuweather is now indicating rain intermittently all day.

2. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Yep, just looked again, and now 50% chance of showers all day. This forecast keeps changing every few hours.

3. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    #78 italiancars, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    So what, the car gets wet when you wash it too. Maybe these photos should put everything into perspective. These cars are from some of the most significant collections in the world.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Scaryfast

Scaryfast Karting

Oct 6, 2011
    Collegeville, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Weather.com app says 30% chance of rain in the morning then 60% in the evening, hopefully we'll have a better idea of things tomorrow

5. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I wish it were that simple. I had the engine in my Testarossa completely detailed when the engine was sitting on a bench next to the car. Thanks to some brilliant engineering, there are louvers on top of the engine. If it rains, most of that water will conspire to make a mess of the engine compartment, thereby undoing a wonderful detailing job. Furthermore, I have slats that are extremely difficult to thoroughly clean once they get dirt deep inside of them.

I will be attending either way, but my Ferrari's appearance, as always, is weather dependent. If I had a more modern Ferrari or even an older Front engined car, this would be a no brainer, but as it stands, things are a bit tricky.

6. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    #81 kvisser, Apr 26, 2012
    So, you took your engine out to detail it? Man, you are rather anal. ; )

Just kidding, I know it would suck to get all that hardware messy. I do look forward to seeing what does roll out on the field.

I share some very rare Maserati iron getting wet at St Michaels back in 07. The Maser survived rather nicely.

regards

ken

7. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    The other thing to remember is we will be parking on a grassy field, which can get soft an muddy quickly. My car sits low as it is. That being said, unless it's a total washout, the Viper will probably be in attendance. My friend with his 380SL may not be able to go, as his top leaks bad in the rain.

8. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    And?

9. NissanGuy23

NissanGuy23 Karting

Jan 14, 2011
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Andrew McQuaide
    Looks like no rain untill 4pm, otherwise it should be cloudy the whole day. Hopefully there wont be ferraris mud bogging around the feild like they were at Le Belle Pocono a few years ago

10. mtmd11

mtmd11 Karting

Jun 1, 2011
    York, PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin W.
    Last year at La Belle Macchine d'Italia it was a beauitful day, but unfortunately it had been preceeded by days and days of pouring rain so that the fairway of the 18th hole was beautful grass over mushy mud. Wasn't horrible but made for nasty tires.

OT: Anyone going again this year?

11. cmbeal317

cmbeal317 Rookie

Apr 11, 2012
    Dillsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Chris B
    I'm going as a spectator again this year. Had a great time last year, and can't wait to see all the great cars that come this year. Hopefully the forecasts will be correct in keeping the rain to the south.

12. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    #87 kvisser, Apr 26, 2012
    The field is pretty tight, meaning that it is not rutted or nasty muddy paths. I don't think it is regularly used for anything but being a lovely field of grass. The top part of the field is gently sloping. There is a decent incline some ways down the hill.

We haven't had much rain so what ever comes down is most likely absorbed quite quickly.

That said, this is all conjecture. We will have to see what the rain gods provide for us.

regards

ken

13. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Reducing radius off camber turns are tricky, I'm not sure about muddy slots.

14. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Latest weather update....Cloudy but only a 20% chance of rain.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for this great cause!

15. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Yep, barring a monsoon, I'm in.

16. jrinehart

jrinehart Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2009
    Chambersburg, PA
    Full Name:
    John Rinehart
    I have a friend that had a change of plans and can now come. Can he purchase a ticket to be a guest registrant at the check in? Hoping for nice weather and seeing Joe's Testarossa.

17. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    We'll hopefully not get too wet!

18. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    Rain is no problem. I just hope there are no tree limbs on the road. :D

19. Photog

Photog Formula 3

Sep 24, 2009
    Kansas City, Mo
    Full Name:
    Matt
    #94 Photog, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
    I think I hit all the rain driving from my home in NC down to PA late yeaterday so we should be good! Haha Tomorrow will be excellent. I bring greetings from the FCA Southern chapters.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

20. Kubes

Kubes Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2011
    Phoenixville PA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    OK, total noob here. Heading up to Hershey tomorrow with the new to me 575M (have had it for 5 weeks now). This will be my first "concours". What do people do to "detail" the cars after the drive up re: bugs, etc.? Not that I'm in it to win (or that my 575 has any chance vs. some of the other cars we expect to see), but would like to have it be "presentable".

Appreciate any thoughts feedback and look forward to meeting folks at this event!

Cheers!
    Kubes

21. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Ok guys...My Mother loves cars and I've been looking for an opportunity to take her to an event. Tomorrow should be perfect.

So Momma Zaff will be joining me. That means be on your best behavior ;)

See you in the AM!!!!!

22. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Momma Zaff is gonna love it! Forecast is showing mostly sunny during show hours, so we should be OK!

23. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Welcome! Assuming your car is already clean, pick yourself up whatever quick detailer you like (Megs, Mothers, Adams, etc) and some microfiber cloths, and get on it when you get there. You can track me down (I'll be in a black Viper convertible) and I'll let you try out some of my stuff.

Scott

24. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    #99 jgoodman, Apr 27, 2012
    Hershey weather per Yahoo/The Weather Channel
    Today: Clearing and windy. High 58F. Winds NW at 20 to 30 mph. Higher wind gusts possible.
    Tonight: Generally clear. Low 36F. NW winds at 10 to 20 mph, diminishing to 5 to 10 mph.
    Tomorrow: Mostly cloudy. High 53F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
    Tomorrow night: Overcast with rain showers at times. Low 38F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70%.
    Sunday: Plenty of sun. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the upper 30s.

Although tomorrow is going to be a little cool, it's gonna be a great day. :)

25. Kubes

Kubes Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2011
    Phoenixville PA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Thanks Scott -- appreciate it. Will definitely look for you. My 575 is Grigio Titanio with Blu Scurro interior. See you there!

Cheers!
    Kubes