285ferrari's Journey to better Health | FerrariChat

285ferrari's Journey to better Health

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by 285ferrari, Jun 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    I posted this on my Facebook page but thought it may help others here also.

17 June at 11:43 ·
    Always hesitant about posting pics and stuff like this, because beneath the skin I have never been very self confident. But I wanted to share a little.
    A few years ago I was eating what I wanted, when I wanted and it started to catch up with me. Although I have never been a big person, I was sick of seeing my belly sticking out farther then everything else, my small arms and sticks for legs. Never had alot of energy and didn't really care about myself. Jennifer Derby Adkins had always loved me no matter what, so I didn't really care about getting into shape.

In 2012, I joined World Gym of Mechanicsville and started my journey to better health. I pushed along for 3 years and definitely was in better shape. At that time being 45 years old, I still felt like I could do much better. The head trainer at the gym Steve Sara Laco (Make sure Steve see's this), was being trained by Skip Robinson at the time for a body building show. So I sent Skip a message asking would he help train me also. Skip had just recently opened his business Alpha Physique Transformation. I explained to Skip, I had no desire to get on stage or do any shows, I was just doing this for myself.

So I began with Skip in 2015, he suggested we bulk up in the winter and shred down each summer. He told me each time we do this, I will gain 20-30 lbs of weight but once I shred it off, I will retain a few pounds of pure lean muscle. He told me over and over again, this is NOT some get big fast workout, it is not a sprint. It is a marathon and will take some time, even a few years. We bulked in 2015 and shredded in 2016 and I looked better then I had in 15 years, I was very excited. We did it again bulking in 2016 and shredding in 2017, once again I could not believe the results. Skip has posted a few pics of me here and there over the last few years, and although I looked really good compared to where I started, I was never really confident enough to show anyone pics.

Fast forward to this past Saturday, June 16. I had bulked again last winter and started my shred this past March. I was 198 lbs starting my shred this time. And ended this past Saturday at 169 lbs, loosing almost 30 lbs. I told Skip many, many times I wanted to see my abs. So he nicknamed this shred "ABS OR BUST"
    This shred was seemed more difficult than the others for some reason. three 30 min sessions of cardio daily, full workouts 7 days a week, leg days with Steve (I dare anyone to do legs with Steve) LOL!! I learned long ago to set hard, but realistic goals. Goals that are achievable but not with out alot of hard work and sacrifice. Well, I achieved my goals again for this year and look better then I have in my entire life at 48 years old.
    More then anything I hope my words here inspire others to work hard and sacrifice if you truly want something, nobody is going to hand you anything for free, you have to work for it. There is NO lose weight fast diet or pills or workout. It is a combination of hard work, sacrifice, eating healthy, drinking lots of water, exercising and more then anything, you have to get your MIND right. This is 90% a mind game.

So thank you Skip Robinson, Steve Sara Laco, Jennifer Derby Adkins, I truly appreciate everything you have done for me over the years. Also want to thank Chasity Davis for meeting me at the ass crack of dawn and taking these amazing pics. Please contact her for your professional photography needs.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Congrats! Good for you! What's your body-fat %? Can't be much left... < 8%

3. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004