250 SWB Tool Kit | FerrariChat

250 SWB Tool Kit

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by nschots, Mar 31, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nschots

nschots Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2011
    Buenos Aires.
    Full Name:
    Nicolás Sch.
    Hello,

My question is whether the Ferrari 250 SWB "steel" came with the tool kit from new from factory, and if so, where and how can it be verified? Images, documents, etc.

In BaT there is a tool kit but i am not sure if the SWB came from factory with the tool kit as an option, as standard, or nothing.

Thanks!

Nicolás.

2. fiatosca

fiatosca Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Full Name:
    Bob B
    Perhaps someone will correct me, but I think all Ferraris of that era came with factory supplied tool kits. As far as the kit currently listed on BaT is concerned, I would not use it as a reference for accuracy.

Marcel Massini and 375+ like this.
  3. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    the owners manual describes the tool kit

4. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    250 SWB came with the 250 GTE Owners manual. All outside plug 250 kits are the same TMK. @fiatosca--a diplomatic comment;)

fiatosca and Marcel Massini like this.
  5. nschots

nschots Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2011
    Buenos Aires.
    Full Name:
    Nicolás Sch.
    Thank you everyone,

Yes, the SWB came with the GTE Owners Manual and with a little difference where on the SWB mentioned the specs of the car but nothing on the Tool Kit.

Anyway, thanks everyone and i will keep searching.

Nicolás.

6. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    There is a photo of the toolkit in the GTE Owners Manual.

nschots likes this.
  7. nschots

nschots Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2011
    Buenos Aires.
    Full Name:
    Nicolás Sch.
    But that doesn´t really mean that SWB´s came with the tool kit. I need to confirm the fact that the SWB came with the tool kit or not...

8. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Any original owners of 250 SWBs out there?

nschots likes this.
  9. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    if it came with an owners manual that depicts a tool kit, its probably a safe bet that a tool kit was included. back in those days there was only about 50 service centers world wide, so the factory wanted the owner to have the necessary tools to service the car.

nschots likes this.
  10. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    A collector friend of mine purchased a GTO a number of years ago and I asked if the car had a toolkit? He replied that no, it was originally a works car and it wouldn't have been supplied with one. I don't know if that is true or if he was just being a wise guy? Possibly both;)

11. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    if it was a works car, it would have been supplied with a team of mechanics. when the factory sold it, then it became a customer car and possibly included a tool kit.
    really doesnt matter unless you show the car. no points deducted for having a tool kit.

12. nico308

nico308 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2011
  13. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I would say mostly but not entirely correct. The plug wrench is 1970s vintage; can't see the pliers clearly; don't think the screwdrivers are correct; oil filter wrench looks bent; I'm always skeptical when I see a restored MR Riganti pole jack, it makes me wonder if it has been converted from a Maserati or Fiat spec to look like the correct item. A lot of phony stuff has been turning up in European auctions lately so be cautious.

enio45, fiatosca and readplays like this.