250 LM at Auction - s/n 6045 | Page 8 | FerrariChat

250 LM at Auction - s/n 6045

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by davebuchner, Jun 20, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Hammered tonite at RM Monterey at $ 10'500'000 PLUS 10 percent buyer's premium. Total $ 11'550'000.

Marcel Massini

2. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011
    Always willing to admit when I am proven wrong on values and I most certainly was. Barbecued Crow does not taste as bad as ash covered Phoenix however.

3. lgs

lgs Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2006
    Two cars, a Certificate and all that for half of an original car's market value. This a new record for the certification price, if the buyer is real.

4. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Complete b.s.
    ONE car.
    And no 250 LM has ever sold for $ 21 M or at least close to $ 20 M.

Marcel Massini

5. davidMo

davidMo Rookie

Jun 11, 2012
    Full Name:
    David Moses
    And still (despite being proven wrong) Freshman continues to try to rubbish the car!

RM told me that The buyer spent 6 hours going through the car and the file in the greatest detail and clearly was very satisfied with that on offer.

In my opinion congrats to the new owner, it's a very Special K ar.

I saw three real bidders in the room.

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Where is it going?

7. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011
    #182 babci, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
    Marcel,
    Jet lag or the beginnings of short term memory loss? You are contradicting your own post (#4 Monterey Auction thread started by Timmmmmmmmmy dated 7-26-2014). 22 days ago you stated " A 250 LM was sold this week for $18 M." Now I admit that certainly is not 20 million but IMHO 18 is more than adequately close enough to 20 to qualify lgs portion of the post #178 "all that for half of an original car's market value" as not being complete b.s.

8. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    LM goes to Texas.

Marcel Massini

9. lgs

lgs Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2006
    Thank you, ma calma giovanotto! Let's hope the right ONE is left! But certainly a record price for a Classiche Certificate. And did finally a horse find its way to the race?

10. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011
    Still no reply to below. Keep up the good work my good man

"Complete b.s."
    "And no 250 LM has ever sold for $ 21 M or "at least close to $ 20 M".

Marcel Massini

Marcel,

Jet lag or the beginnings of short term memory loss? You are contradicting your own post (#4 Monterey Auction thread started by Timmmmmmmmmy dated 7-26-2014). Less than 22 days ago you stated " A 250 LM was sold this week for $18 M." Now I admit that certainly is not 20 million but 18 is more than adequately close enough to 20 to qualify lgs portion of the post #178 "all that for half of an original car's market value as not being complete b.s.

11. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011

12. davidMo

davidMo Rookie

Jun 11, 2012
    Full Name:
    David Moses
    For the avoidance of doubt it would appear that Adcanorm is (as we know Babci is)

The one and only Riccardo Freshmankini

13. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Well it appears lgs still thinks the one Freshman made was the real one:
    Weird
    Pete

14. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Are you at liberty to say where in Texas?

15. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Dallas.

Marcel Massini

16. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011

Pete,

I think you may be mistaking lgs's intention about what he is talking about where he says the "One". I think he is only referring to the 6045 he says he saw at Fulvio Visloli 's back in the 90s. I could be wrong about it but the outcome of what really happened but I seem to recall something about Visloli 's shop getting raided back then and a fake LM was reportedly found there and more were in the making. I think there have been discussions on various threads within this site about his activities in this regard along with Italian newspaper reports about the subject(LA TRUFFA DELLE FALSE FERRARI ' QUELLE ROSSE NON SONO VERE' - la Repubblica.it) easily found on the internet about it. In any case for clarity here maybe you should ask lgs directly about it in a post as he certainly did not mention the Freshman car by name in your referenced quoted post of his.

There should be no questioning that lgs has a valid point when talking about the relative value of a current LM (condition not reported) as even our mighty Marcel publicly proclaimed to all just 23 days ago that one sold for 18 million. (see his post #4 in the Monterey Auction thread started by Timmmmmmmmmy dated 7-26-2014)

17. lgs

lgs Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2006
    Wrong. No chassis is/was period original and the used "as-new" a works repro just with the original s/n tube (and - well - new Classiche tag). But never ever eliminate any pieces, that created the car's history.

18. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Ah, get it. Thanks lgs and Babci.

I have a lot of faith in Marcel and I have also read a little bit of the history of #6045 (non-Freshman) and always believed that car had a large % of the original chassis.
    Pete

19. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I meant to say San Antonio, TX. Not Dallas.

Marcel Massini

20. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011
    #195 babci, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
    You are losing it. What it is clear is that you have not been able to present any documented proof and support for any of your personal accusations or opinions about the actual historical events that occurred with/to the "original" 6045 nor surrounding remaining 6045 example to anyone challenging you. It is quite transparent the tactic you have been attempting to employ is a poor attempt to divert the audience's attention from your total lack of any ability to provide documentation/proof to support anything you say and that possibly no one will notice your abject failure to do so. That tactic is getting old. Who is next on your list to accuse of being Freshman... lgs? Ferrari-Tech? Or will it be just any one who disagrees with you or presents their own opinion different from yours and accompanies it with relevant conclusive documentary proof provided by the vendor all gleaned from the material presented in this threads various posts?

The fact is the "original" 6045 struck something, caught fire and burned some 40+ years ago. The damaged and rusted remains were then used to resurrect the current remaining 6045 example along with the original engine, a new body, fuel tanks, electrical system and countless other new and original parts, etc. During that process it has been restored multiple times to end up in better than new condition. It is more than appropriate to refer to it as a Phoenix that has risen from its own ashes.

What is also fact is that the remaining example 6045 did sell for a historically record setting number for such a storied example. IMHO this is only a reflection of some of the market participants at this time and their attitude for risk taking in the current market while ignoring the possible downside risk for such examples similar to the remaining 6045 and the market in general. Only time will tell if they are right. Good luck on your journey deeper into the shadow of irrelevancy.

21. lgs

lgs Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2006
    Going through the car over 6 hours? Can you kindly tell us, what they could check apart of the original chassis bar with the Classiche tag and the documentation produced by the restorer itself? The car was certainly not taken apart for checking the only relevant thing, the "as-new" chassis.

22. lgs

lgs Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2006
    If the deal is real, the market had spoken and the helpers made a good job. It simply has to be accepted now, that there is obviously a certain demand for as-new and better then original products .... and Classiche Certificates. Not really my cup of the - especially not with this complete lack of transparency - but it's a fact and doesn’t have to be lamented anymore. All is said, 6045 is what it is but the car is certainly a stunning creation. And let’s really hope, that it will be also shown and enjoyed on the track.

23. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Same gentleman who was one of the underbidders for the GTO?

24. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Awesome!!! Maybe I might see it :D

Thanks for your reply!

Edit- just saw you revised it to San Antonio :(

25. FERRARI-TECH

FERRARI-TECH Formula 3

Nov 9, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari-tech

He Spent six hours looking at the car ??? he wasn't very keen to buy it then, the guy with the hammer had to work very very hard to coax bids out of people.

I was in the room and didn't see 3 "real" buyers.. Something was very strange about the sale, and the way the bidding went, seemed like a lot more theatrical than many of the other sales. I'm sure we will never know but if it smells like a rat...............................