250 GTO in the BingoSports Tokyo showroom | FerrariChat

250 GTO in the BingoSports Tokyo showroom

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by Peloton25, Nov 27, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #1 Peloton25, Nov 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm putting this here as I assume the car is a fake/replica/recreation - whichever word you want to use.

This image appeared on Instagram and was taken of a "250 GTO" in the Bingosports showroom in Tokyo. While they do frequently carry some very high end cars in there inventory it seems highly unlikely that they'd have a real 250 GTO. There's no mention of it on their site or in their Stocklist. Anyone know the origins of this car?

Credit @thenewaddiciton

>8^)
    ER
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    2901, a fake.

3. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Thanks Kare.

>8^)
    ER

4. GSJFerrari

GSJFerrari Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 12, 2010
    Stuart, FL
    Full Name:
    Greg Jones
    #4 GSJFerrari, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    #2901 seems to be a common miss conception that theses are not real Ferrari's
    This was a 250 GTE re-bodied with GTO style sheet metal
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Fake 250 GTO not a fake Ferrari. No miss conception on this thread that I can see.

6. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I didn't see any confusion in Kare's answer either.

Personally I have no respect for the rebodied recreations, regardless of what they are based on -- for me a fake is a fake is a fake. I'd much rather see this car as the 250 GTE it was born as since these fakes trade on the mystique of something they never were. I honestly can not understand paying what is the equivalent of real money to be a phony regardless of what is underneath. In my opinion there is no elevated status for a car like this with Ferrari underpinnings and running gear versus the Datsun 240Z-based clones -- in my eyes its actually worse that a real Ferrari was sacrificed here.

If someone else is okay with this practice or finds the idea of cars like this appealing then that's certainly their right. We're never going to agree though.

>8^)
    ER