250 GT Series II Cabriolet at RM Scottsdale | FerrariChat

250 GT Series II Cabriolet at RM Scottsdale

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by DWR46, Dec 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DWR46

DWR46 Formula 3
    Honorary

Jun 19, 2012
    RM is offering a 250 GT Series II Cabriolet (#3633) at Scottsdale. It is a VERY GOOD car. I have known this car since 1975 and it has been owned by good friends since 1980. The late Scott Taylor and I did all the maintenance on this car over the years and it has been well cared for and never abused. Skip McCabe painted it in 2007. It is a VERY ORIGINAL car. A clutch was just installed last week (because the owners wanted to offer a car without any issues), and I think that is first time the gearbox had ever been out of the car. It has never needed any "restoration", just good maintenance. This car can be purchased without worry about misrepresentation by the owner or the auction company. I would be happy to answer any questions about the Cabriolet.

2. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    do you know the estimate?

3. DWR46

DWR46 Formula 3
    Honorary

Jun 19, 2012
    Ed: Estimate is, I believe, $1.6-1.9M.

4. RMSotheby's

RMSotheby's Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 12, 2014
    Full Name:
    RM Sotheby's
    Thanks for the kind words, DWR46. The Series II Cab is in excellent condition and we're excited to see it at Arizona next month. Boasting a known ownership history from new, it is exceptionally well documented with its factory build sheets and service receipts dating back to the 1970's. The car also includes its original factory hardtop, an incredibly rare option.

For anyone that might be interested, here's a link to our catalog description: 1962 Ferrari 250 GT Cabriolet Series II by Pininfarina | Arizona 2015 | RM AUCTIONS. Don't be afraid to reach out if you have any questions.