250 GT California Spyder?? Help! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

250 GT California Spyder?? Help!

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by JH, Feb 28, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Enigma Racing

Enigma Racing Formula 3

Jun 1, 2008
    London
    Full Name:
    Kim
    #26 Enigma Racing, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    Suggestion, why don't we change the name of this sub forum to the "Butchered/Cannibalized not to be glorified fake Ferrari" section. At least this way we can dispense with the repetitive cliches that follow every post and focus on the car.

I agree that the vast majority of the cars posted in this section are dreadful and it would have been far better they were preserved in their original state. It is very rare I see a "fake" with the correct body shape but what I find more shocking, is that many of the bodies are being produced by the same restorers who are making incorrect bodies for original cars.

Maybe we should start another section for "Original Ferrari's butchered by bad and over restoration" and start naming and shaming the perpetrators

K

2. PAUL BABER

PAUL BABER Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    London. UK.
    Full Name:
    Paul Baber
    Totally agree

3. lgs

lgs Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2006
    ... and the certified fakes.

4. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Thats not my understanding, I believe it was set up exactly as per the header of this sub section, its not meant to be a place for the same old people who previously constantly moaned in the main forums about such cars, to then bleat about them in here instead.

This sub section is to discuss the merits/failures of each individual example, if people dont like modified/replica ferrari's or any such cars in general then simply stay away and keep to the main sections instead.