246 GTS on BaT | FerrariChat

246 GTS on BaT

Discussion in '206/246' started by Bluebottle, Dec 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
  2. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Unfortunately looks like it needs everything. Lots of rust probably hiding in there, and it doesn't seem like anything else was kept up.

3. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    I don’t see any rust from the photos but being a Euro-Spec, it wouldn’t surprise me. Having said that, it looks like an honest Dino to me (so far). Dinos like this, if priced right, can be really enjoyed and driven. You can work on it as you go. So far, nothing in the photos scare me. To restore a Dino like this to concours perfection, is something else. I bought my Dino much like this. What I found with my Dino was a really honest car. Perfect for an enthusiast that loves to work on and keep improving it. There’s a Euro GTS in our area that looks identical to this including condition. I see the owner using it as a daily driver. I see it at restaurants, at the store and driving around town. Reminds me of Corbani with his Dino.

UroTrash, 375+, killer58 and 2 others like this.
  4. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Coincidentally I was just looking at this listing. I never realized that Abarth branded steering wheels existed.

5. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Picture 18 shows some. Who knows what else lurks?

6. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Mine has a bit of that too. Has never gotten any larger. One day I’ll fix it!

7. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    This looks none to healthy either:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Unfortunately, it is impossible to tell from a listing, whether these are just minor issues that can be sorted on an otherwise sound car, or are indicative of other more serious problems lurking below the surface - the "tip of the iceberg".

8. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    This looks like an excellent candidate for an complete restauration witch, in my opinion, is the only right thing to do. No doubts a lot of corrosion, but not a big deal if you must pull the car apart anyway for a quality restauration. Most importantly the car appears very originally and not tampered with. Wonderful Project car as I see it.

Best Peter

9. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  10. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
  11. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I think it was well bought (because I think Dinos are grossly undervalued today.) That car needs a lot, and I'm sure it has many surprises.

synchro and racerboy9 like this.