$22,990 Mondial T on Ebay | FerrariChat

$22,990 Mondial T on Ebay

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by WJHMH, Feb 11, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  2. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    but who wants a cab...coupe is nice

they have threads on this car and it needs WORK at least 15k

3. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  4. cockrill

cockrill Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 23, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Cockrill
    The car has been discussed quite a bit in the 308/328/Mondial section. It's even been checked out by at least one FChat member (Wade, I believe) with results posted. The car has quite a bit of rust issues (if I remember correctly) and has a rather interesting history. It does appear beautiful from photos, though, and a T Coupe would be amazing to own.

--Jeremy

5. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    Belongs in the CHEAP cars for sale thread.....not to be confused with the GOOD ones out there.

Why is everyone on F-Chat seemingly determined to crater the value of the good cars out there. Everytime I see one of these titled threads, I cringe.

Each time they are the outlier, stories, need a major, or salvage cars....and folks talk about it like it has "newly set the market". All we are doing with this ongoing talk is hurting the marque. We should be discussing the solid, well maintained cars that are selling out there, and solidifying the market versus tearing it down with these one-off examples.

The other ancillary impact is that folks WITH the good cars are being forced to simply take them off the market....so all you are going to see are the run of the mill cars.... not a good thing either.

Quickly forgotten: There is no such thing as a CHEAP Ferrari, and Buy the BEST example you can find....we all agree with these mottos, then rush to report the newest lowball out there. Lets change the paradigm. Low priced cars in need have always been out there...and always will be. Lets focus on the good ones which sell at a fair price, and report that.

I am going to start a new thread. GOOD CARS SOLD AT A FAIR, SOLID PRICE. Lets keep the Ferrari world alive and well respected...not always focus on some outlier deal on a salvage or needy car, The new owners are never gonna come back on the chat admitting to how much money they've poured into these things making up for their rush for a "bargain".

<deep sigh>

6. copterjon

copterjon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    Amen!

7. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    +10,000 .................. :D

8. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Personally the best deals in Mondials are for the 2 valve injected models. These have the most bang for the buck, IMO. I would definitely outfit mine with a supercharger (like Lou's), some upgraded wheels and tires, shocks and brake pads for a true sleeper. Looks like a grocery getter, flies like a scalded cat!

9. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    and 1

10. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    #11 MBFerrari, Feb 12, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
    You tell them Copterjon!

Ah, they are out in force. The sh!tty cars are all on the market now. There are plenty to go around too let me tell you. The guys buying think the prices are too high, the guys with good ones are laughing knowing we would never sell ours so cheap, and somewhere in the middle lies the the minefield of taking a chance.

I was fortunate, and YOU can be too if you are patient and find a good one. If you want a Ferrari for 20k, have at it - but when you sell it and go buy another marque, just remember, we tried to tell you...cleary in exotic cars, you get what you pay for - and possibly less, but not more.

MB

11. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Um wow, just wanted to get the low down folks that's all. Not what I expecting as an answer but we all know there is no such thing as a cost effective Fiat.

:rolleyes: