206 SP #026 | FerrariChat

206 SP #026

Discussion in '206/246' started by 19633500GT, Mar 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    So, annoyingly, I keep getting emails from a "broker" that this car is for sale.

He says it is at the factory currently, receiving $1MM of re-commissioning.

What is the backstory (beyond the link) of #026? What a gorgeous car btw.

Here's the email I get.

"
    I am direct to the owner of this rare Ferrari race car. The car is nearly done undergoing a $1,000,000 Classiche at the factory now.

He is willing to sell it. He was going to the factory this month to check progress, but has postponned the trip due to the contageon in Italy.

He is a doctor and can not afford to be quarenteened for weeks upon return with his patient appointments.

Will be expensive, but perfect, only have one person to tip for the intro.

This is something special. Same guy wants to buy a Porsche 908 race car, and just purchased the number 0003 Lamborghini Miura Prototype."

Frankly, I don't believe any emails anymore...so there's that LOL.

@Marcel Massini any thoughts on this one?

https://www.coachbuild.com/2/index.php/encyclopedia/coachbuilders-models/item/drogo-ferrari-dino-206-sp-026-1966

2. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Sounds like scam to me, like you i dont trust emails anymore or anything on social media.

If he was the genuine owner i would expect a little more intro rather than straight to the point!!

19633500GT likes this.
  3. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Got a similar text today along with these pics. Not confirming the vin# but could be the same person.

Attached Files:

4. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Complete b.s.
    Owner is Dr. Hassan M. in CDN.
    Super friendly and highly enthusiastic person which I know personally and for whom I have worked.
    Car has been fully restored (you guys ever use the search function on fchat??) by Classiche and Dr. M. has shown the car several times at major concours already.
    No need for a re-commissioning etc.
    Typical broker behaviour, somebody downloads some pix from the web and starts fishing.........

Marcel Massini

5. V12addict

V12addict Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2004
    Thank you Marcel, Dr. Hassan also has an IG account and this beautifully restored Dino by the factory has been featured on his account with lots of pictures that unscrupulous brokers can steal unfortunately.