Dino Saga 080720 _ Ventura Show | FerrariChat

Dino Saga 080720 _ Ventura Show

Discussion in 'Corbani's Corner' started by John Corbani, Jul 20, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John Corbani

John Corbani Formula 3
    Honorary Owner

May 5, 2005
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    John Corbani
    #1 John Corbani, Jul 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Dino Saga 080720 _ Ventura Show

A while ago Robert Garvin asked for entries for today’s show. First annual show and Robert wanted to have a Ferrari presence. I signed up fairly quickly. The clan was gathering a little slowly so Robert began putting on the pressure. He didn’t know what a good salesman he was. There was a block long row of Ferraris and the show was a smashing success. Rows of everything else except Lambos. Only two of those. But beauts! Organization was good. Stupendous for a first time event. Location was ideal. Site was about as full as you want. Next year they will have to be selective. I will be an early registrant.

Day started off with the usual early morning fog. We left Santa Barbara about 7:30 AM. Only 30 miles South to Ventura. Got all settled in at the show and got a cup of coffee. Wandered and took some pictures. Fog hung around till about one but then the sun came out nicely. Only had a couple of hours of sun before I had to head back to SB. Sorry, but had to miss the award ceremonies. Pictures are best I could do with the lighting. I mostly shot the Ferraris since these were headed for FChat. The other 80% of the show was just as jammed and the engineering on display was mind boggling. Sad to compare a Jag V12 to a Ferrari V12. The Ferrari is a finished jewel. The Jag is a blacksmith’s work in progress. Oh Well! Enjoy the pictures. Sorry you couldn’t be there.

John
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    John,

It was so good to finally meet you and your lovely wife. Your pictures are fantastic. Glad you came and brought your beautiful blue Dino! Actually as organizers we were in our formative stages. next year we will have the kinks out and there is talk Ferrari might be the featured marque! Ok by me :-0 I get very excited around groups of cars (especially Italian) and my passion takes over and I tend to get off track. I think I should have worn my hat as i think i am suffering from overexposure to the sun! :) Thanks for making my day!

Rob

3. mikeyr

mikeyr Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike Rambour
    LOOKS GREAT !!!

I am so upset I missed it, I was registered and paid up but we are finalizing probate issues and I just could not get away for a few hours :(

Sometimes life (in this case death) just gets in the way of having fun, oh well the pics look GREAT !!!

4. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    Your wheels look GREAT! :) They really set the car off now that they're polished. I'd love to see some pics of that Pantera if you've got them.

5. John Corbani

John Corbani Formula 3
    Honorary Owner

May 5, 2005
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    John Corbani
    Sorry Charles, I didn't try to get a clean shot of the Pantera. It had an unusual color. All morning we thought it was a metalic black. When the sun came out, There was a deep beautiful green in with the black. It would pop out in the highlights and then disapear in the shadows. Was a nice car and nice driver. Good company.
    Thanks for the comments on the wheels. Guys at Wheel Concepts did a good job.
    John

6. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    Thanks, John. Enjoyed that.

Andy
    From faraway Manila
    blue 246GT like yours

7. FERRARI-TECH

FERRARI-TECH Formula 3

Nov 9, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari-tech
    #7 FERRARI-TECH, Jul 24, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2008

Not really a statement based on any engineering fact that i know of !! more of a personal biased. I am English but have never been a fan of Jag's but for a long time Jag V12's were the envy of the world, We got the 250 GTO because Enzo feared the new V12 jag Race cars....
    So a little respect and perspective where its is deserved.................
    Not to much to ask .........................or i it ??