2021 F1 Schedule | Page 7 | FerrariChat

2021 F1 Schedule

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifosi12, Sep 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Genuinely not a clue. They've pondered the same for Spa.

2. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    DF1 and tifosi12 like this.
  3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Nembo1777 likes this.
  4. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Abu Dhabi approves new layout plan for F1 track to improve racing
    By: Jonathan Noble
    Co-author: Khodr Rawi
    Jun 21, 2021, 6:31 AM
    Abu Dhabi’s Formula 1 track is to undergo layout modifications this summer in a bid to help boost overtaking for this year’s season finale.

Saif Al Noaimi, acting CEO Abu Dhabi Motorsports Management, said: “We’ve been looking at improving the racing on the track.

“We’ve been listening to our spectators, the fans, the drivers, F1 and the FIA, and we’ve been working on making some changes, exciting changes, this year to the layout of the track.

“We will be undergoing some modifications to the track over the summer in time for this year’s edition of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.”

Al Noaimi said details of the exact changes will be revealed to the public shortly, but the hope was that the new layout would boost overtaking opportunities.

“The objective ultimately is to create more opportunities for close wheel-to-wheel racing," he added.

“We want to create more overtaking opportunities and to overall create a faster flowing race track, given the current rules of the vehicles.

One potential area for a change is the hairpin section before the long back straight.

The chicane before the hairpin tends to spread the cars out and makes it hard for battles to take place in to or out of the hairpin.

Last year Daniel Ricciardo expressed his hope that the layout could be tweaked after the dull F1 finale.

“I certainly don’t want to talk the place down, because I want to keep coming back here, because it is amazing,” he said.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/abu-dhabi-approves-new-layout-plan-for-f1-track-to-improve-racing/6593131/

5. DF1

#157 DF1, Jun 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  6. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  7. DF1

F1 staged its first world championship grand prix in Russia in 2014 at the Sochi Autodrom, but was known to be considering a move away from the Black Sea resort in the near future.

The Igora Drive circuit on the outskirts of St Petersburg obtained an FIA Grade 1 licence required to host F1 last year after opening in 2019. The track is 4.086km long and has 15 corners.

In a statement issued on Saturday, it was revealed that the track has struck a deal to host F1, operating under the same promoter that runs the existing race in Sochi.

“I am pleased to confirm that the Formula 1 Russian Grand Prix from 2023 will be held at Igora Drive,” F1 CEO and president Stefano Domenicali said in a statement issued by the circuit after visiting the track earlier this week.

"This was the result of intensive work with our Russian partners and a detailed study of this delightful track.

“I am impressed with St Petersburg and I am confident that the Russian Grand Prix at Igora Drive will be an amazing event.”

F1 followed the circuit’s announcement by saying it was “delighted to confirm that the Russian Grand Prix will move to the Autodrom Igora Drive in St Petersburg from 2023”.

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Brilliant move: Much more interesting track and outside of St. Petersburg a much easier to get to tourist attraction than distant Sochi ever was.

william likes this.
  9. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Turkey replacing singapore has to be the best news so far this year. Wish it was permanent.

tifosi12 likes this.
  10. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    But Sochi is in the South, near the sea and warner than St Petersburg which won't be usable all year round.

In that damp region, fog and rain are a regular occurence too.

11. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    A) at least it looks like a proper drivers track
    B) a little fog and dampness during qualifying would be welcome........
    C) schedule it in Oct or later and there is a change of ice and snow.

12. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    As foreshadowed, 2021 Australian GP cancelled.
    https://wwos.nine.com.au/motorsport/f1-2021-australian-grand-prix-cancelled-covid19-moto-gp-albert-park-phillip-island/4ff925d6-8e27-4a17-b594-e1022e243d3d

"
    Both the Australian Formula One and MotoGP races will be cancelled for a second straight year, due to the coronavirus pandemic.
    Organisers had been hoping to stage the races without the usual 14-day quarantine period, instead bringing the personnel into the country in a bubble environment, as other countries have done since the sport resumed 12 months ago.
    Neither Formula One or MotoGP would agree to a two-week quarantine period, given the condensed nature of their schedules.
    An official announcement is expected this afternoon. While he wouldn't confirm the cancellation this morning, Victorian premier Daniel Andrews said the country's slow vaccination rollout, along with the recent decision to cut international arrivals by half, made it tricky to stage the race."

13. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    F1-->Portimao again????? (fingers-crossed)

tifosi12 and DF1 like this.
  14. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  15. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Very interesting. I would welcome a push of the Austin GP: Move it away from that local college football game, which always coincides with the race and takes away from the ambiance in the city.

17. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    I hope they have two F1 races in Austin. The current USGP weekend is not concurrent with a University of Texas Football Game.

But it seems you've been deprived of a proper Texas Longhorn football experience. It's been a part of Austin long before Enzo had a Scuderia or Fangio took a lap.

tifosi12 likes this.
  18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I've been twice to Austin for the GP when those Longhorns played. Sorry, don't care.

It's just odd that they schedule apparently two major sports events on the same weekend. Glad to hear that it is different this year.

Two races and the Stones would be awesome!

19. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I have lived in Austin since 1983 and I still don't care about football.

tifosi12 and william like this.
  20. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    #174 Nortonious, Jul 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    No problem, one more parking spot for the rest of us.

I hear more hamilton fans may be paying attention....it's legal to knock opponents out of bounds.

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Funny you mention this: When we visited Austin for the GP my wife and I decided to visit the art museum on the college campus. Pretty good museum with a nice spectrum of painters on display. As we were taking our time I look out the window and see massive crowds gathering, so eventually we decided to leave before the storm and just about managed to get out of the stadium's parking garage before all the fans arrived. We have a knack for these things: Went to Milwaukee to visit their art museum, when suddenly hundreds of people with Go Bucks t-shirts showed up recently...

It's a thing for us: We don't follow any national sports, but wherever we go, there happens to be some Championship deciding game. Happened in St. Louis and Baltimore with Baseball. Happened in Columbus (forgot the sport) and with college football somewhere else in TX.