2021 812 GTS Owners Review | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2021 812 GTS Owners Review

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Avia11, Dec 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Holy moley! I would have had a coronary!
    Full PPF definitely a must.
    T

2. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    One can see why it was free -- sorta like one of those really prime shady under tree spots -- wise to check the ground for signs of foreign materials first!

3. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Nice review of the GTS. I have had one on order and was having second thoughts based on what has been written here and elsewhere so I finally had the pleasure of getting some seat time in one last week to compare to my 812S(which FABULOUS!)
    My thoughts are 1. Looks better in person than the photos 2. Sounds good but different from the 812S- more basso profundo- and old school Ferrari V12-I’m ok with that and 3. Interior space is ever so slightly more confined due to seat recline is slightly less than the 812S (I’m 6’2”) and no rear shelf. The seats in this one one were full electric. Almost impossible to adjust the seat with the door closed as the space for the seat controls is nil, possibly due to additional bracing for the GTS?
    All in all very pleased with what I saw, heard and felt. Look forward to my GTS coming in the spring 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

ScottS, Avia11, uhn2000 and 3 others like this.
  4. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    I had my GTS out on country roads south of London for a few hours today. It was warm enough for roof down (just!). With everything going on in the world, it’s a life affirming experience getting up the rev range on windy roads!

I’ve had mine for 3 months and 3k miles now. I continue to be so impressed by the GTS. The sound, the handling, lighting quick gear changes etc... all enhanced with the roof down! My only criticism is the car is too big to comfortably drive and park in a city. Reducing size and weight by say 20% would be welcome.

For anyone sitting on the fence, I’d say buy one while you can. Sure, the next gen convertible might be quicker but the GTS is so fast already. Also, a smaller engine with enhancements (electric boost, turbos, etc) just won’t be the same as that thundering, barn storming V12...!

5. carlom001

carlom001 Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2010
    Agree with the comments here - Very happy with mine after my Superfast but I am glad I added Forza's exhaust valve remote opener (as I do on all my F cars). Yes the note is deeper than the SF &TDF but with the valves open the exhaust comes alive at low revs with lots of crackles and burbles on the over-run. Image Unavailable, Please Login

ryalex, TSOYBELIS, BATM4N and 3 others like this.
  6. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    I´ve had it for two days and I really like it. It is my first convertible, and I love the fact that you can drive it slowly and get lot´s of enjoyment our of it. Sounds is great, it could be louder, but sometimes you appreciate it being like it is. Volume apart it sounds fantastic.

I value it against a McLaren 720S for example, which you need to drive it crazy fast to get enjoyment.

7. ar1040

ar1040 Rookie

Jul 8, 2015
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Andrew Reade
    What did it cost? We are stage 70 and excited about the car.

8. ar1040

ar1040 Rookie

Jul 8, 2015
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Andrew Reade
    What was the cost?