2020 Formula One Season ***Possible Spoilers*** | Page 45 | FerrariChat

2020 Formula One Season ***Possible Spoilers***

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Aircon, Dec 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Yep, makes me sick. **** em I reckon.

Gizzi likes this.
  2. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Lando Norris thought he’d ‘fudged’ his chances of a maiden Formula 1 podium in the Austrian Grand Prix.
    The McLaren driver became the youngest Briton to claim an F1 podium, and the third youngest to climb onto the dais in the sport’s history.
    It’s an achievement which came courtesy of a late charge; putting an aggressive move on Sergio Perez that saw the pair bang wheels at the Remus Kurve before setting the fastest lap on the final lap of the race as he pursued Lewis Hamilton.
    The gap to Hamilton, who was running second but carrying a five second penalty for dumping Alex Albon off the road, was 4.8 seconds at the flag.
    “I’m speechless,” Norris said.
    “The were a few points during the race where I thought I kind of fudged it up quite a bit.
    “I dropped to fifth with a few laps to go. Carlos (Sainz) was almost getting past me, but I didn’t give up and I managed to get past Perez and I ended up on the podium.”
    Norris lined up third on the grid following a late penalty for Hamilton after the six-time world champion failed to reduce speed under yellow flags during qualifying.
    As the race entered its final phase Norris found himself battling with Perez (who had picked up a five second penalty for speeding in pit lane) and team-mate Carlos Sainz in what had proved a combative outing for the 20-year-old.
    Leaving the door invitingly open under braking for the Remus Kurve, Perez lost out to Norris as the pair banged wheels on Lap 69 of 71.
    “When I had to get past Checo (Perez), I just knew he had a five-second penalty but nothing more than that,” Norris explained.
    “I always seemed to struggle when I was close to the cars ahead, I always seemed more vulnerable to the guys behind.
    “So I knew… not just because of Lewis, because I didn’t know at that time, but I knew I had to try to get past him.
    “Then there was the Lewis penalty that came up and then I had to turn it up a little bit and start pushing.
    “I had three really tough laps, locking up, and it was going downhill quite quickly but I recovered well I think and I’m here so I’m happy.”
    The result marks the second podium result in three grands prix for McLaren, going back to the end of 2019 when Sainz took third in Brazil.
    Like in Austria, that performance too came as a result of Hamilton being penalised post-race.
    In Austria, Sainz ended the race fifth meaning McLaren sits second in the constructors’ championship, 11 points behind Mercedes and seven clear of Ferrari.
    “I’m so happy and proud of the team,” Norris said of his podium.
    “Considering where we were a few years ago, to last year, to now, I think is a pretty cool achievement and I’m proud to be part of it all.”
    F1 continues at the Red Bull Ring this weekend for Round 2 of the season with the Styrian Grand Prix.

3. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  4. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Its328 likes this.
  5. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Last year Ferrari came under fire for having a low drag/low downforce car. It was mega down the straight and not good in the corners.

According to drivers, the Ferrari is now slow down the straights and fast through the corners.

Will they ever get it right?

6. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    The question is, is this years car actually any faster overall than last years?
    Doesn’t look like it so far.

7. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Certainly not.

8. Its328

Its328 F1 Rookie

May 31, 2017
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Yeah, i think some upgrades are coming up soon. They need them, Ferrari got lucky on Sunday !!

9. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
  10. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
  11. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    THAT'S the big secret reason ??!!

FFS we all knew Vettel was **** EXCEPT Ferrari ..... he was never going to be the second coming , there is only one Schuey

12. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John

good summary of the race and Lando is coming on the GG with us :p

Well he says he is at the end of the clip :)

13. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Steve355F1 likes this.
  14. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    You're the only one .... apart from himself obviously :p

He's divisive and untrustworthy .... ask McKlunken about the USD$100M he cost them in Stepneygate

15. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    He's not the only one. I think he's awesome. Pity he wasted all those years in that crappy Ferrari.

Steve355F1 likes this.
  16. ihavearedferrari

ihavearedferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2007
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Third times a charm at Renault?

17. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I have no doubt he can drive but he's still a cant .... like Hamilton and Vettel

I rooting for Albon this weekend .... and Ocon

18. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    They must have found a BIG helmet for him ...... he's not even pretty like you mate :)

ihavearedferrari likes this.