DFW - 2020 FCA Toy Drive | FerrariChat

DFW 2020 FCA Toy Drive

Discussion in 'Texas' started by SAFE4NOW, Jan 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    #### Save The Date ####

Who: FCA / Ferrari Chat members
    What: 2020 Toy Drive
    When: Saturday December 12, 2020 -TBD
    Where : TBD

ETC: Yes , we are already discussing the details for the 2020 Ferrari club of America annual toy drive!

More details to follow, we just wanted to get the date on the books so there’s no question that it is once again happening!!!

we are looking forward to having some of the senior Ferrari Chat members back out again as well as welcoming the new members of the FCA!

If you can only attend one toy drive this year, this will be the one to plan for!

Steve

Tire Fryer likes this.
  2. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Senior members? Do you mean old guys? :p

DIGMAN52 and SAFE4NOW like this.
  3. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Yes Sir, them too!!!

S

4. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Bump!

Details coming soon!!!!

S

5. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Unless it's Dec 5, I'll be there. As a "senior member". :)

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  6. TXG23

TXG23 Karting

Sep 14, 2014
    DFW, TX
    Full Name:
    Kell
    I hear senior is just a state of mind...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

7. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Eh? What's that you said Sonny?

8. TXG23

TXG23 Karting

Sep 14, 2014
    DFW, TX
    Full Name:
    Kell
    Some days my 44 years feel senior and others they feel teenager. This helps the latter Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Qdog458

Qdog458 Rookie

Apr 18, 2016
    Dallas, Texas
    We will try to attend

10. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

From Buckner Orphanage, our 2020 Toy Drive , recipient:

While Christmas 2020 will be very different, we are still planning special things for the children and families we serve. This year our donors have the opportunity to sponsor a child’s or family’s wish list where they can shop online and have gifts delivered directly to a family’s home or send an electronic gift card.

Next steps:
    • Click here to learn more about getting involved OR
    • Simply follow this sign up link to tell us how many children’s wish lists you’d like to sponsor
    • A Buckner coordinator will contact you with more information!

It can be so different to give remotely, but I know the love, hope, and prayers being sent to the families will be the same. Our ultimate goal in going contact-free is to maintain safety for you and each family we serve.

Thank you for being a part of this years event!

Steve

11. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    This message went out this morning regarding both the Annual Toy Run and Christmas Party :

Thank you also to everyone who emailed us letting us know of their concerns regarding the Christmas Party and the Toy Drive.

As much as it saddens us to break from such wonderful traditions, for the safety of our club, we have made the difficult decision to cancel both the Christmas party and the 2020 Toy Drive. After the outpouring of responses sharing your doubts and even our surprise rally master bowing out, we recognized that the best thing would be to save our efforts to try to put on some great events in early 2021 once we've made it over this next Covid hurdle.

We assure you that even as late as just last night, the board discussed again our options to try one last time to find a safe way to pull this off, but even the charities are not accepting physical donations this year in lieu of cash donations or wishlist purchases.

The FCA DFW supports the following charity organizations and had planned on donating here this year, so since we can't physically deliver the presents, please feel free to show your support:

Buckner Orphanage Donations<https://pages.buckner.org/ministry-engagement-wish-list-sponsorship>

CC Childrens Advocacy Center Donations<https://www.caccollincounty.org/holiday/>

DonRinconi, DIGMAN52 and jeffb99tx like this.
  12. jeffb99tx

jeffb99tx Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Understood and a difficult, yet necessary call. Next year's event will no doubt be exceptional. I will also pick out something on the wish list.

Cheers everyone and stay safe. Jeff

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  13. nitrobass24

nitrobass24 Rookie

Nov 5, 2019
    For those that are still wanting to do something, Lamborghini club dallas is participating in this event, open to all cars obviously.

https://app.parkupfront.com/event/2344

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DonRinconi likes this.
  14. mustangtornado

Dec 19, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jay
    welp, this supports the stereotype that lambo drivers are reckless morons.

15. VelocityTexas

VelocityTexas Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2019
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    Supporting a charity to help insure kids have a Merry Christmas is not something I would describe this way. Am I missing something? I plan to participate and do my part to help those less fortunate.

DonRinconi likes this.
  16. nitrobass24

nitrobass24 Rookie

Nov 5, 2019
    I respect FCA making a conservative decision to cancel their event and instead suggested alternative ways to support. Charitable donations are way down this year across the board. This is certainly not the only way to help kids this Christmas and everyone should do what they feel comfortable doing from both a monetary and COVID perspective.

That said I certainly don't think is wreckless. It is outside, masks are being required. Obviously if you are high risk or just not comfortable you should not go.

17. DonRinconi

DonRinconi Rookie
    Owner

Nov 2, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    W Rincon

both FCADFW's decision to cancel the Toy Run as well as Lamborghini Club of Dallas to host theirs are commendable and respectable on their own terms. As the other users pointed out, each of us should do whatever we feel is safe and comfortable while still complying with safety norms (sanitizing, distancing, etc).

If I was in DFW this weekend, I'd definitely have attended the Lambo toy run. However, I will be at CoTA and we'll have our own toy event and social distancing meet up with Big Brother, Big Sister there as well, with plenty of safety with Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghin, McLaren and other drivers there.

VelocityTexas likes this.