2020-21 NCAA Football | Page 4 | FerrariChat

2020-21 NCAA Football

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Gatorrari, Jul 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Alabama did not open their playbook against the Gators. They know they were in the playoffs regardless and played down to their opponent just enough to beat them. I was not surprised by the outcome yesterday. Still no defense (continues to regress) and poor decision making on offense. Killing drives on 3rd and long with runs when there is no running game...ya right. Lack of clock management at end of first half and end of second half. A lot of "ifs" regarding the Gators' coaching decisions imo is not infrequent...it's so frequent it's how they coach and because of that they will never win a national championship. It's okay to make a few bad decisions, but when it's done regularly it's clear they will never win it all. A 3-loss season is imo expected for their level of play. Next season will be bad.

2. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I would not be surprised if Cincinnati beat them.

For the last two weeks we have ALL heard the new, latest buzzword phrase: 'The eye test'.
    OSU wins, but to me, they just don't look like a real contender.

3. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
  4. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    It's NOT a playoff, it is an invitational.....

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  5. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    That's probably more truth than people realize, all driven by TV REVENUE.

To hear Notre Dame say they may not play in the Rose Bowl if parents cannot attend is laughable,
    there is no way they will give up a 10-20 million dollar payday.

6. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    So Bama-ND and Clemson-OSU are set. We all know the result. I will not waste my time watching that. And I won't bother with yet another Bama-Clemson. Televised sports are for entertainment as it otherwise adds no value to society. They don't produce anything but entertainment. They failed at providing that this year, again.

7. laswyguy

laswyguy F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2006
    OSU smashing Clemson... didn't see that coming and it cost me money.

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Well, you're not getting another Bama-Clemson. So what do you think now?

9. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I didn't watch any of the games yesterday because of the same teams invited to play. I think it's now a bigger scam a team that played 5 regular season games is allowed to play in the championship game. Would be a fitting way for 2020 to have a 5-win regular season team win it all while everyone else suffered injures and attrition playing 10. I'm not watching the championship game or any college football season again until they fix that crap CFP/CFI system.

10. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    The BCS Championship will be fun to watch. If Ohio St plays like that, we will have ourselves a game. Alabama will be tough to beat. They are complete and will not make mistakes the Clemson secondary did.

11. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Turns out they didn't play anyway.....same old 21st Century ND, all reputation from 30+ years ago.

12. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Bama gonna smoke OSU. Varsity vs JV. Hard to contain Jones Smith and Harris.

I hope its close but so far the big bowl games have been meh except for Georgia v Cincinatti.

13. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I tend to agree with you, but a lot of folks thought Clemson would smoke Ohio State.

14. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Not me. I had a feeling Fields was going to ball out. OSU played with a chip on their shoulder idiot Dabo mouthing off bulletin board material.

Whisky likes this.
  15. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Congrats to DeVonta Smith winning the Heisman. Glad to see a WR finally get credit after decades of basically all QBs (who become busts in the NFL and looked good only because of those WRs).

Dr Tommy Cosgrove likes this.
  16. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    DeVonta absolutely deserved it. He played in the shadow of Jeudy, Ruggs and Waddle and came back his senior year to get his degree, increase his draft stock and win a N/C. I dislike Bama but I was rooting for Smith. Quiet, humble, skinny for WR but balled out once Waddle got hurt. Remarkable the Heisman was selected before Smith's 3 TD performance against ND. He really steps up when the lights are brightest i.e. SEC championship. Can OSU's All-American CB Shaun Wade contain Smith? That match-up may determine the outcome of the N/C? If Waddle suits up look out OSU.

Which WR will go first in the 2021 draft? Smith is good but JaMarr Chase might go higher. Look how good his teammate Justin Jefferson was for the Vikes like lateral move from Diggs to Jefferson.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  17. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Kinda quiet in this thread tonight. Appears the Heisman was awarded correctly just looking at the first half.....

:D

18. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I'm giving up watching college football until they fix the "playoffs." Saw the score briefly on ESPN frontpage...yeah...OSU really deserved to be there just like they deserve to every year lol. What a joke program.

jimpo1 likes this.
  19. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
  20. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Indeed.

21. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I saw Jones, Smith and Harris depicted before the game as the second coming of Ghidorah, the three-headed monster from the Godzilla franchise. Truly the case - one wonders how many balls Smith would have caught if he had played the whole game!

So how does the "Nicktator" (as I heard him referred to yesterday) keep getting all these gems without running afoul of the NCAA?

22. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I think it's a function of success. He wins Championships. The 5-star recruits want to win Championships. It's not rocket science. And what a great blurb on your resume to say you played under Saban?

23. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    That game was so terrible I canceled my free YouTubeTV trial before the 3rd quarter was over.

24. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    You saw all you needed to see. :D :p

25. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004