2019 NCAA Men's March Madness bracket | Page 4 | FerrariChat

2019 NCAA Men's March Madness bracket

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Whisky, Mar 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I was just looking at my bracket to check who was playing Sat. I saw that I have Virginia in the final four, but according to the possible points even if they win I don't get any points. Is that correct or are they making a mistake?

2. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    You already got points for UVA making the final four. Had you picked them to make the championship/win it all you would still be eligible for points.

Nospinzone likes this.
  3. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Ah ha, thanks for that explanation. I thought I was going to vault even further ahead! :D

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Huge blown call by refs with about 4 seconds left. Didn't call the double dribble on UVA after the dude lost the ball and picked it up with both hands to then dribble again. It should have been Auburn's ball.

The next play was the UVA 3 pointer missed, but foul. The foul was a good call, but that play should have never happened and ball should have been given back to Auburn...oh well. Refs have made huge missed calls this tournament. Including that ridiculous blocked shot that was "saved" by the same player who landed way out of bounds to jump back up for it.

5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Oof. Hate to see the zebras figure into the final outcome. The UVa victory did seal the deal for me in our friends & family pool.
    T

6. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    The foul call on the 3 point attempt was a great call and always tough in that situation. But they need to be consistent. I would have been okay if both the double dribble and 3 point shot were no calls. Otherwise both need to be called. I am done with this tournament. Good luck to Texas Tech. You'll need it as I'm sure the refs and the NCAA prefer Michigan State to a new face in the big game.

7. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Congratulations Texas Tech fans for flipping over cars and rioting.

:rolleyes:

8. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Have you been to Lubbock? It's just a short trip from tipping over cows to tipping over cars!
    T

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  9. wahoowa

wahoowa F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2008
    _East Coast_
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Lets not forget the jersey pull (that was after the first dribble, but prior to the pick up) was a no call as well.

Unless one saw and called the DD in real time - which I didn't hear/see - super slo mo and 1080p have made us all perfects rear view refs.:)

10. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    These refs would be perfect NFL refs

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  11. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    UVA was gifted that win. Like cosmic payback for losing to a #16 seed last year. They play a boring style of basketball. Im pulling for Tech.

12. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Oh man, if I just picked Virginia for one more win ..............

13. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That's not a vote of confidence coming from Ace! ;)
    T

14. wahoowa

wahoowa F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2008
    _East Coast_
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Pretty good read...and, excellent life lesson

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2019/04/09/virginia-national-championship-tony-bennett-kyle-guy-umbc?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=social-share-article&utm_content=20190410&fbclid=IwAR1lfHiYDuNFe2hxG0JSIbehyX_vVY_70OdkDTQvYAcDADMZcrwqS_ILpNA

How Virginia Turned Torment to Triumph in One Year
    From UMBC to ultimate redemption: For Virginia to win the 2019 national title, it first had to conquer unprecedented demons—and that meant telling its painful story.

15. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    They triumped by having refs in their pocket. Tech had a foul called on them when Guy tripped on his own player. Another when refs overturned correct call that fast break out of bounds on uva and then incorrectly said tech. Uva didn't deserve to be in that game let alone win it. They are the same idiots that lost to a 16 seed and they will always be remembered for being the only 1 seed to do that.

16. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Like I said, these refs would be perfect as NFL referees.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  17. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    lol...preach it, brah!!

18. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Nice.

Years ago, when Villanova upset Ewing and the might Hoyas, I recall seeing Nova in the conference tournament I think it was really throw a clunker. Not a 1 vs 16 blunder like Virginia, but pretty bad. But, I knew they had a good coach and senior leadership (when that was a thing in college hoops) including "Easy Ed" Pinckney - a HS legend in NYC - and I picked them right then & there in my bracket (when they were paper!) to go all the way. Kudos to the Virginia coach for helping his troops get over last year's debacle and making it all the way this year. Great leadership.
    T

19. wahoowa

wahoowa F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2008
    _East Coast_
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Jeez, it's not about the blown calls, which were many, throughout the tournament...on both sides, it's about getting humiliated/being in a pretty dark place and coming back - the TED Talk embedded in the article being the most valuable lesson in all this. And, yes, the same "idiots" will be known as the team that made history with the first round '18 loss, but won it all the next year, '19

Thanks. NOVAs program is insane (what's it been something like 2 out the last 3 or 4 years?). Sometimes gettin' bit really does make you stronger - after all we're talking about teenagers and early 20's kids. Oh, and there still is some senior leadership, less for sure now, but kids like TTs Mooney and Odiase, NOVA's Paschall, VTs Robinson, I could go on and on.... are leaving marks on their team mates, their program and alumni

tomc likes this.
  20. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Exciting championship game, wish Tech won it.