2019 NCAA FOOTBALL | Page 4 | FerrariChat

2019 NCAA FOOTBALL

Discussion in 'Sports' started by ag512bbi, Aug 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    chipbiii likes this.
  2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    LSU barely beat Auburn (in Baton Rouge) and Auburn's QB had far less experience that game 2+ months ago. And now AU loses to Minnesota pretty convincingly imo. I think LSU will have a harder time with Clemson than I initially thought.

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    So Matt Ruhle is gone already, and Baylor fans are probably hopping mad. He's a good coach, but seems to be developing a reputation as "Suitcase Matt".

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    So the Tigers are going to win tonight! The question is, which ones? At this point, I don't really care; I just want a good, competitive game with minimal involvement by the men in stripes.

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I think it will end with a game winning drive so whoever has the ball for the last drive wins. Clemson didn't start playing for real all season until second half of OSU game.

6. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dabo Sucks, and LSU beats the kittens.

Coming from South Carolina, I have had my fill with Dabo--tired of his talk. Glad he lost.

If the shoe were on the other foot, Dabo would have tried to score at the end of the game. LSU just took a knee.

7. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    Can't agree with you and there is proof.
    If you recall, at the very end of last years' Championship game, Clemson advanced the ball to Alabama's four yard line which gave Clemson a first down with about a minute left. As well as they were dominating Alabama's tired defense, they might have been able to run two, maybe three more plays with the time left to score. Dabo chose not to and let the time expire, just like Orgeron did last night. Both coaches are class acts and Dabo thoroughly complimented LSU for a "beautiful game plan and execution" and told Orgeron and LSU that they deserved it. No whining like Ohio State's coach. Dabo stated emphatically "we just got beat by a better team tonight and it was their time, no doubt about it." All of Clemson's players said virtually the same thing. LSU played great, Lawrence had one of his worst throwing nights, things just weren't clicking and that was the ballgame. No excuses.

8. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Better to have him than Tom Herman. That guy gets old real fast. ;)

Texas Forever likes this.
  9. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
  10. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I'm glad more of this is being passed by states. First California and now Florida. It was ridiculous that players could be profited off of for billions by the NCAA, TV networks, merchandising companies, and the universities of course. The entire "they get room, board, and tuition" excuse no way in heck made up for that.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2895927-florida-to-be-1st-state-with-nil-rights-for-ncaa-athletes-to-profit-off-likeness?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

11. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    The Ivy League just announced that they are not playing any sports at all this fall.

12. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I'm still not convinced there will be ANY football this year

13. ebobh15

ebobh15 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    The way it's going, some might start, but I am not convinced any will finish. Stanford's elimination of 11 sports, the elimination of out of conference games, and the probable stop of play by mid-September make me think that moving games to the spring, with a limited schedule, makes sense.

Everyone has a spring session anyway, so they could do their "spring" that semester and do a 6-7 game schedule starting in March through May. Whatever they do, it will be awful, and decimate the funding structures for all sports, not just football. Then again, maybe it isn 't all bad - we might even spend time with people outdoors away from TV's...

14. normv

normv F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2005
    Mishawaka In
    Full Name:
    Norm
  15. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    The "U' is on FIRE with their 2021 recruiting! I think we are gonna be back in a few years. (as long as they stay).

16. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Wrong thread, fellas! There is now a thread for 2020-21 NCAA Football.

17. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen