2019 Indy Car | Page 6 | FerrariChat

2019 Indy Car

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by BartonWorkman, Mar 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    crazy ride for Kyle Kaiser

Bas likes this.
  2. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    It's nice that the cars are trying to flip but coming back down the right way, but I worry about that happening in pack racing. If they go up that way and another car hits them, it's not going to be pretty.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  3. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    That sucks for Kaiser and Juncos. I wonder how much of the car is usable after a hit like that.

4. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Wow, that car is definitely in "Sponsor Me White" isn't it?

BHW

5. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    "McLaren" has had to ditch their UK assembled chassis and use a Carlin Racing supplied chassis after the crash. They missed an entire day as a result. Supposedly, per Zak Brown, the crash left Alonso sore and the impact was so strong that somehow Alonso bent the steering wheel (source https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/mclaren-no-panic-alonso-indy/4389897/).

They put in a ton of laps today but were only 24th in pace. Whether they were running race trim or qualifying trim I'm not sure. They say they're not panicking but this isn't looking very promising at all for them. You'd have to think a poor showing will have them bailing on the Indy series all together as well.

6. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    I hope they do. It's a joke that they're even spending resources on Indycar considering the state of the F1 team's performance.

william and GuyIncognito like this.
  7. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Alonso gonna have to try again on bump day...

8. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    McLaren and Alonso do not make the top 30 despite running 5 or 6 times. When interviewed he doesn't sound very positive. This has been quite an embarassment for them. They'll try to take one of the final positions tomorrow.

Pippa Mann makes it in in P30!

9. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    william likes this.
  10. #135 lorenzobandini, May 18, 2019
    Last edited: May 18, 2019
    Might pose that question to The Captain (Rogere).....pole and win to neither making the field. :)
    Should Al Jr and Emmo have jumped ship? ;)
    Sometimes you have a bad day (days); sheet happens. If it can happen to Team Penske (the PC23), it can happen to any team. :shrug:

Terra likes this.
  11. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I get the feeling Alonso doesn't care that much about the race. He was asked after qualifying if he feels any pressure now going into tomorrow and he said "not at all" or something similar to that. Seems like with an attitude like that he probably doesn't care that much and Danica Patrick said the same on camera when asked about his comment.

william likes this.
  12. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    That is the exact WRONG attitude you need to run at Indy. You're on the edge ever lap. If you don't care you don't go fast.

william likes this.
  13. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I found the exact words now in an article so I won't edit my post as you already quoted it.

He said that while walking from the car with the NBC commentator asking the question. At least he stopped to sign autographs for fans...

source: https://fansided.com/2019/05/18/indianapolis-500-qualifying-puts-big-names-bubble/

14. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004

15. Methinks it was more the frustration over the week in general. We even heard him say "Why are we doing this?" when showing him sitting in line before his last attempt on the 5-6 NBC show.
    Guar-own-teed his mind is right whilst piloting the ship. That's automatic if you make it to upper levels of racing. Pretty much any real driver in competition (well maybe not Lance Stroll.....'won't go downthat road).
    We'll see if they can come up with a bit o'speed for him for tomorrow. Hopefully it will not be rained out. But if so, he's in anyway as he's 31st as is.

For me, it doesn't mater if he's in or out. 'Not into the hype. 'Just gonna'sorta try to enjoy the spec 33 sided crap shoots/coin tosses 500 and 600.....

16. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    While I find the statements here quite interesting, I think that a factor has not been considered. Fred's awesomeness while liked and awed by many seem to forget that his royal highness have a brief encounter with the concrete vertical structure surrounding said race course. While many of you are in awe of his total "fredness", the walls were not. I think Fred is now in awe of the walls. His lap times would indicate as such. Only his laundry will know for sure. A tinge of brown may be detected. The walls at Indy play no favorites. Fred got his first lesson

Welcome to Indy.

17. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  18. #143 lorenzobandini, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
    Like I wuz sayin'.... ;)
    If that ain't total deflation from frustration, I don't know what is.....'been there.....

19. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    last row shootout about to kick off. it's puckered sphincter time for a bunch of guys in Indy....starting with Zak Brown :eek:

20. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Pelotas muy grandes!:D

21. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    One more to go... This is entertaining :)

22. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Alonso and McLaren bumped by Kyle Kaiser....damn.

23. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Crazy. By 2 hundredths.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  24. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Wait. Youth and enthusiasm beats old age and treachery?

What the hell has the world come to?

:D

25. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    NBCSP saying there's a rumor that Alonso and McLaren may try to buy their way back in.
    Huh?