2019 Indy Car | Page 19 | FerrariChat

2019 Indy Car

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by BartonWorkman, Mar 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    DS Techeetah is a Chinese manufacturer.

BHW

2. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Yes Techeetah is Chinese but this is in association with French manufacturer Citroen: DS is the luxury brand of Citroen like Lexus for Toyota. Citroen and DS are marketed in China but not in the US.

www.dsautomobiles.fr

GuyIncognito likes this.
  3. xotik

xotik Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2009
    Gulf Coast
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Hybrid technology had to happen in Indycar. It was inevitable. Makes me sad, as I suppose I and just old school when it comes to racing. Nothing sounds as good as a screaming non-electrified F1 car, and I still haven't fully embraced the turbo V6 sound of an Indycar. But, no one in Indycar really cares about my opinion. :)

Nortonious likes this.
  4. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Welcome to 2019. It isn't about what you want. It is about shoving something down your throat. It is why the sport has never recovered. This was supposed to be design for a new generation of fans. I don't see them getting the attendance or ratings of the previous product. Not only was the target market missed, but you sent your previous fans walking. Somehow the marketing department of ICS didn't hit the target on either count. If they think that the hybrid technology is going to fix the problem they have another thought coming. ICS is simply following the herd. In 5 years every racing series will have this technology. Where is the breakout for this series that will separate it from the rest? It is just another heat and serve product.

5. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    ICS is at the mercy of the OEM manufacturers. If they feel the need to have a hybrid to market it to consumers then they are going to direct that. Doubtful any series would want something that will be more expensive and complicated but of course they need to have manufacturers behind the series. Judd or other specialty brands aren't enough to hype a series and get any fan interest. Unless you had multiple manufacturers say "I'm not interested in hybrid technology, let's go with fast, loud, screaming engines" and sign up then this is how it was always going to go. Seems a reasonable compromise with what they have discussed.

6. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    why don't we just go back to Offys?!?!?!

cost controlled, no manufacturers, and all the geezers will be happy as pigs in slop!

rdefabri likes this.
  7. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    #457 BartonWorkman, Aug 6, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    While we're at it, why don't they go back to Marmon Wasps?

Seriously guys...

BHW

rdefabri and GuyIncognito like this.
  8. Turbopanzer

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Your first sentence says it all. Remember one thing....sooner or later you run out of OPM. Then you are up **** creek without a paddle. ICS better figure out how they are going to compete when the manufacturers coffers run dry. And they will run dry.

375+ likes this.
  9. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Corrected that for you;)

10. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Ha! Thanks!

BHW

11. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    But if a tree falls in the forest, and no one is there to hear it...does it make a sound?

If no one watches - who cares how many manufacturers? I watched a few laps of Formula E, and seriously would have rather watched paint dry. LAME!

Nortonious and 375+ like this.
  12. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Formula E=Formula Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Nortonious and rdefabri like this.
  13. Turbopanzer

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    I have a can of Glidden White for application on Saturday. Say, 1pm and you bring the beer? :p

14. ryanro24

ryanro24 Karting

Aug 23, 2005
    NW Indiana
  15. Adrian Thompson

Adrian Thompson Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Beverly Hills, Mi
    Full Name:
    Adrian Thompson
    This is outstanding news. McSPM! I have much higher hopes than this year's fiasco. At last, they will be involved full time. I am sorry for Hinch though, while the team may want to keep him, he's so tied with Honda I assume he'll end up elsewhere, possibly a 3rd seat at RLL along with Rahal and Sato. He's Honda's official spokesman in Canada and he's the best PR savy driver in the series. I think Honda will move heaven and earth to keep him.

SPM, like RLL, are a not quite top team. You've got Penske, Andretti, and Gannasi at the top, while SPM and RLL aren't quite playing at that level they are clear of the Foyt's, Carlins, Coyne's. Hopefully McLaren have had time to lick their wounds, learn some humility and will make a great partner for SPM.

Now let's start a rumor that McLaren will become the third engine supplier!!! That is a joke in case humor doesn't come over the internet.

16. ryanro24

ryanro24 Karting

Aug 23, 2005
    NW Indiana
    Hinch put out a statement

Attached Files:

375+ likes this.
  17. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
  18. xotik

xotik Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2009
    Gulf Coast
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Looks like Hinch is going Chevy. I wonder how much that will cost him in sponsorship dollars from Honda.

19. #470 lorenzobandini, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  20. Turbopanzer

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    A half baked apology for an event that should have never happened. Take your ego's out of overdrive gentlemen. You blew it big time. Accept the fact you were ill prepared and overestimated your capacities. Now you simply are working off of those who put in the work. I hope your results garner similar outcomes. You missed the basic concept of what a "team" is.

21. Tp - I'm a bit surprised. :confused: Zak did so months ago. ;)

22. Hmmmm....remind me, please....I don't remember when Offies were mandated. :oops:
    And, what makes you so sure, how many decades of technology later, they wouldn't be good power sources anyhow? ;)

Marmon? If they were still around and allowed to build and enter cars (along with anyone else),,,,,that would be fantastic. :)
    Look at the variety of the rest of the entries that first year.... http://www.ultimateracinghistory.com/race.php?raceid=20000

23. Turbopanzer

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    It's like the saga never ends. Now we simply move to an established team and rely on their expertise for the results. It is a plus for SPM, but i do not see them offering nothing more than a competitive ride. They work too hard not to win the 500 for themselves. This simply is a heat and serve operation under the McLaren name.

24. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    What I still don't get is, if McLaren is a major automotive manufacturer on the world stage now and
    competing in the market place against the likes of Ferrari, Lamborghini, Acura NSX, etc. then why/how
    is it that they don't have a go at Indy Car racing on their own?

Likewise, they've got McLaren badged engines in their road and GT racing cars but in F-1 they're
    hooked up with Renault now and Chevrolet in Indy Car. You don't walk into a McLaren dealer
    and ask to see the Senna Renault or P1 Chevy now do you?

BHW