Taken Off Market - 2019 Honda Civic 6sp | FerrariChat

Taken Off Market 2019 Honda Civic 6sp

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by ditpixs, Jun 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ditpixs

ditpixs Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2019
    Nor Cal - Tracy
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Hi!

Looking for a used 2019 Honda Civic Sport with Manual Transmission for my soon to be 16 daughter.

Trying to stay with 2019 due to Honda Sensing features as standard equipment.

Thanks!
    Aaron

2. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    You're a bad ass dad

in 2030 when my daughter turns 16, she's going to get a wagon of some sort, likely "vintage" by then (20 years old qualifies :)

rock on

andyrichter and ditpixs like this.
  3. ditpixs

ditpixs Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2019
    Nor Cal - Tracy
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    lol! Had planned on her driving the '13 MDX, but lost that battle. And she's a good kid, so I figured we would get her something that will get her through college.

I'm familiar with "vintage" - my first car (in 1991) was a '77 Olds Omega in a terrible shade of orange. But it was fast!

19633500GT likes this.
  4. Bthesixthree

Bthesixthree Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 18, 2013
    CA
    Full Name:
    B
    Friend here in San Diego has a white/black '18 Si Coupe (6-speed). Any interest in that?

ditpixs likes this.
  5. ditpixs

ditpixs Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2019
    Nor Cal - Tracy
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Thanks, but sticking with the '19 since it includes all of the collision detection/accident avoidance stuff.
    I think I just found one ... will update this thread if it goes through.

6. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    That's a nice first car, and she'll be one of the few her age that can drive a manual!

I was looking at getting a 2019-20 manual civic as a daily driver. Please post an update once you purchase one and let us know how you/your daughter like it.

ditpixs likes this.
  7. ditpixs

ditpixs Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2019
    Nor Cal - Tracy
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    We ended up purchasing a 2019 Civic Sport 6sp with about 15k miles on it. $18,500... A little more than I had wanted to spend, but it is basically a new car and should last a long time

Picking it up Monday.

Thanks everyone! Happy Father's Day.

DHNY, 19633500GT, DF1 and 3 others like this.
  8. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I made a similar decision for my son 4 years ago. He got an Accord Sport with a 6 speed. Here’s a tip: monitor the factory warranty closely. When it gets close to expiration, buy an extended warranty from here;

https://www.saccuccihondacare.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIk8iW4fiW6gIVCtbACh0xCgZjEAAYASAAEgIV3_D_BwE

Wait as late as possible, the time extension starts when you buy it. They’re a Honda Dealer and they sell factory extended warranties cheap. My sons car has 8 years/ 125k miles and I think it cost $1200. The car will get him well past grad school.

djs308 likes this.