2018 Fantasy Football | Page 10 | FerrariChat

2018 Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Sports' started by rob lay, Aug 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    Don't worry Paul, I called New Orleans and told them to SUCK so you could win :mad:

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Mission accomplished! How 'bout them Cowboys!
    T

3. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Qvb likes this.
  4. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    "Also, how about not playing that Hunt fella? Thanks!"

5. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Yeah. Helps me. But, ouch, ugly story on so many levels...T

6. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    It is interesting how there seems to be some symmetry between the FC1 and FC2 leagues. Ucelli's opponent in FC1 has Hunt and it seems like that sort of thing keeps happening between the leagues, but maybe it is just a statistical thing.

7. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Or, limited number of options with twelve team leagues? Or, people read the same web sites?

IMO F-chat FF leagues need a Flex position to replace one of the 3 WR slots...T

8. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Tom, I suggested that to Rob a couple years ago. He was not interested in making any changes. I forget his reason, but I think just to keep continuity. I run one league on the NFL website and that flex W/RB position really makes it interesting.

Devilsolsi likes this.
  9. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I was in a league last year where you could use a WR, RB or TE in the flex. It was pretty handy, especially those weeks with a lot of teams on bye.
    T

308inSD likes this.
  10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  11. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    Yeah, you had a great week! Only team over 100 this week and you made up 58 of the 64 points you needed to catch Ball so hard, which would have been something if Paul had lost. Paul snagged that last spot and even though I whipped his ass in FC1, he managed to make it into the playoffs there also. (In FC1, 3rd through 8th places all lost, so positions did not change much) And, continuing on with the symmetry I mentioned earlier, I am now playing Clutch Pedal Kings in both leagues in the first round of the playoffs.

12. 308inSD

308inSD F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 17, 2010
    SD, CA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I think it’s due to auto drafting, which several people did. I participated live in only part of my draft for my FC1 team. Up until that draft round my FC1 team looked very similar to my FC2 team... example I have Barkley in both, and the auto draft chose the same positions in the same rounds IIRC.

13. 308inSD

308inSD F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 17, 2010
    SD, CA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    This. It does make the league more interesting. Also PPR or half PPR and fractional points also makes it more interesting. I’m in another league on Yahoo that has those options and it’s more fun... point totals are higher for most folks most weeks and there’s never a tie.

It would be cool if one of our leagues here had a different rule set to cut down on the overlap. Yahoo makes it easy to collect a buy-in now and I’d be up for a paid league as well... doesn’t have to be much of a buy in to be interesting.

14. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    In another league, I had to make a choice about which RB to drop, and which one to start.
    Both are on the TENN roster.
    I chose correctly, for once, too bad it wasn't in the FC League...
    For now, I have a 46 point lead on my opponent, all from one guy.

15. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Yeah, 3 ties in a season seems like a lot. Fractional scoring would cut down on that.

At first, I wasn't a fan of the non-PPR aspect, but now I kind of dig it. Makes it a bit more challenging. I just didn't appreciate the differences at start of season and so I may have drafted differently.

In FC2, it seems that K & DEF have a much bigger impact on overall score than in other leagues I've been involved with. Which is not a lot to be honest. Maybe because of the non-PPR? At any rate, good production from these spots has helped me overcome my woeful WR play later in the season.

T

16. 308inSD

308inSD F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 17, 2010
    SD, CA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I play in another league where we have no kicker. At first I didn’t like that but I found as the season went on that it was nice not to worry about a position that is statistically a dart throw.

17. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    #242 tomc, Dec 7, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    Would have agreed with you mid season, but then with all the bye weeks, someone dropped Justin Tucker, and I was able to snag him!
    Kicker woes solved! Especially in this league where you get bonus points for longer FGs...T

18. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    Your welcome :D But he had three crappy weeks in a row, so I was not feeling the need to keep him. He has been better since the bye (but I had 7 players on bye so not much choice)

tomc likes this.
  19. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Thank you! And, good luck in the playoffs.
    T

Qvb likes this.
  20. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    I have lost in the first round of the playoffs every year that I have been in FC2. Check out the awesome scoring by my team today. WTF
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Brutal. For fun, I checked my WRs last night, grand total of 5 points among the 3 of them. My season is over, but they're maintaining their consistent level of suckage...T

22. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Yin takes me out two weeks, two leagues in a row. At least that was FC2, I have lived another round FC1.

23. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Kickers are like Defenses - one game you might get 16 points, the next week you can get 3 or 4.
    I have no problems swapping kickers. Sorry Alex... my Butker beat your Tucker...

And in my FC league, my two RB's combined for 7 points, the plus side is I had Amari Cooper....
    I just can't seem to get a TE to give me anything to speak of.

24. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
  25. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Yikes. All 10 scored less than projected.
    T