2017 MLB Season | Page 7 | FerrariChat

2017 MLB Season

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Steelton Keith, Feb 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    One of my daughters will attend the Yankees game, on Monday night. She has a date. Last night, she purchased a bright orange jersey with # 27. :D. I have no idea, if he is wearing pinstripes.

2. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    How is there any question that Altuve is the MVP over Judge?

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Altuve says he'd vote for Judge!

T

willwork04 likes this.
  4. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I knew, well you know how I knew. LOL.

My dad used to drag race in the areas surrounding the astrodome when it was being built. :D

Because Yankees. You know how this works Will. The Rockets weren't even going to get a sports illustrated cover in 93 until there was backlash.

5. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
  6. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    Holy moly that was awesome.

MVP is clear. Yes, I know this post season is not taken into account.

7. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    #157 ralfabco, Oct 15, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    I don't think he can sustain his batting average during 2018. Not with a .357 BABIP. His power is for real. I would not pay $175,000 for his best rookie cards. I do not believe he will bat .284 next season.

He will be an excellent .270 power hitter.

(He should have thrown the ball to Castro and not second base). The run at second base did not matter.

Didi, late in the game, was one of the few batters who went with the pitch and did not try to pull it. Hicks choose the same swing earlier in the game.

8. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    This is quite possibly the best team the Astros have ever had.

Who's baseball card is $175K?

9. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    A Judge Rookie card. (asking price).

10. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Bwahahahahaha!

11. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

It is listed on eBay. :D.

12. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Got your answer tonight, huh? Lol

seriously, they're both complete players who can hit, field, throw, and run. Its just that judge hits for power and altuve hits more for average and consistency. I dont know about altuve in locker room but judge's character is 2nd coming of jeter. He will be next yankee captain. Big poppy said it straight, judge has best attitude in the game. So refreshing in ny after dealing w obj antics for 3 yrs

13. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will

I didn't really get my answer. He had 2 hits. I think Altuve's field is much more of a contribution that Judge's.

14. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    2 hits?!?! slight understatement there. like titanic was nice cruise if not for the iceberg.

judges defense won a game in alds vs cleveland all by himself taking winning hr away. hes excellent fielder, just dont get as many plays in outfield as infield. and as far as mvp, yankees offense is completely based on him. when he goes well, they win. when he doesnt, they lose.

next yr he might go .250, 35, 90 while altuve hits .400, but this year judge is mvp. unfortunately, voters are biased against yanks (pedroia over jeter) so i expect altuve to win it.

15. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I think pro and anti NYC bias tends to cancel.

As far as I recall, Judge has made two outstanding defensive plays in series, but as Sperry says, less chances in OF versus IF.

Can't go wrong with either.

T

16. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    :D:D

FWIW -- Altuve says he would vote for Judge!

17. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    wow, this is starting to look like yankee juggernaut of 1996! another dynasty in the making? and they have guys coming up from minors that were ranked ahead of sanchez, bird, and judge. thats scary for rest of league.

but how did tanaka, cc, severino all become cy young in 1 post season? theyre all good, but not shut outs like this. cannot believe they got to kryptonite kechel tonight. i was hoping to maybe get a 1-0 win but to knock him out early shows these guys can really h i t.

what a fun surprise this post season has been for nyc!

18. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Yankees are the 2017 cinderella team. Asstros barely beat NYY in Hou. One run in each game. Where are the Asstro bats? Nowhere.

Asstros have two good starters. NYY have the best potching staff. Not even close.

Yanks are playing with house money...nobody expected them to get to the playoffs let alone lead the Asstros 3-2. Wouldn’t surprise me if Yanks win one out of two. The pressure is really on the Asstros, expectations for them is sky high, especially in Hou.

Very entertaining series IMVHO.

GO YANKEES!

19. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    Yankees are stepping up when the Astros are absolutely falling apart. The last 3 games have been ass kickings. Not enjoyable to watch from my end. I have to give it to the Yankees for handling the pressure well. I would be shocked if the Astros managed to pull this off.

20. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    "It ain't over until it is over." - Yogi Berra.

21. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    heard Astros blew a recent alcs lead vs kc. are some of those players still on team? that could be messing with their heads. they seem very tight, similar to way Cleveland was in last series.

sometimes its easier to be underdog like yanks than front runner with high expectations like clev and Houston. as a fan, I am enjoying this yankee run more than past ones bc losing wont be heart breaking. they have such a bright future I can wait. rooting for them next yr wont be nearly as much fun as this yr

22. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    I was at the post-season game. My son and I had SRO tickets. Yes, some of the players are still on the team. Wil Harris and Gregerson were part of the relief breakdown. Late in the game KC began to hit a bunch of singles and a few doubles + a walk. Ken Giles was acquired due to the 2015 fiasco.

23. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Here is a little inside baseball.

After every strikeout in Yankee stadium there is a distinct whistle. This whistle is the trademark of a local electronics store who has been a sponsor of the Yankees for decades. Their main store is across the street from City Hall in Manhattan. PC Richard and Sons. Hopefully we will be able to hear it if the Yanks play in the World Series.

https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/3klvjn/what_is_that_whistle_played_every_time_the/

24. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Why don’t the Yankees have players names on their Jerseys?

A friend who was raised in the Bronx (he is the Rainman of all things baseball and Yankees) says its tradition. They were one of the first teams to use numbers. The first major league game where both teams wore numbers was between the Yankees and the Indians May 13, 1929.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=10&ved=0ahUKEwiJkYeRif3WAhUhrVQKHVLGD2IQFggyMAk&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sportingnews.com%2Fmlb%2Fnews%2Fyankees-name-on-back-of-jerseys-mlb-players-weekend%2Fvj3mbywd08031b7uvhkd5uy7l&usg=AOvVaw3jSLqoCI25CpQGE8d1JRya

25. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I'm the type that loves the bats! But boy, The Yankees pitching is what is getting them thru the playoffs. The saying "pitching wins championships" is so true. I've finally can say it myself. I've never seen the Yanks this strong in the pitching department.
    I'm just afraid of the Dodgers.

GO YANKS!!!