2017 MLB Season | Page 6 | FerrariChat

2017 MLB Season

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Steelton Keith, Feb 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    This game is incredible!

2. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Anyone who listened to yanks game on ny radio knows why they lost after being up 8-3 in 5th inning. Announcers john sterling and susan waldman predicted game was in bag, stadium will be wild for game 3 after upsetting kluber, yanks bullpen never give up 6 runs, etc. I was in car and screamed at radio for them to stfu before they jinxed the game. Too late....

hammergb likes this.
  3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Yep. I was streaming the radio feed (wife's a fan, I hate 'em! ) and I think the comment about them splitting the series in Cleveland, and having to be committed to end it in the Bronx was the sort of comment that two announcers with their experience should know better to make. Baseball fans are by nature superstitious and Yankee fans in particular should know "It ain't over til it's over."
    T

4. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
  5. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Got the date wrong on their demise. Yankees are very much alive.
    T

6. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    I know :)

Anything is possible in post-season baseball. I believe Cleveland was an un-stoppable juggernaut just a few days ago. The Dodgers were dead and could not win a game. 2001 Seattle Mariners.

7. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    I have been a Yankees fan since l was 4 growing up on Long Island. They are my AL team. Cards are my NL team.

Go Yanks. Nobody expected them to go this far. They are playing with house money. They are dangerous now. They are pumped. May believe they are the Cinderella team and can’t lose.

8. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    And they did this with judge being automatic strike out. But really, they didnt win so much as Cleveland lost. Very big choke on their part. Non stop errors for best fielding team? Choke. Poor kuber going to get cy young when couldn't get to 5th inning? Choke. ramirez, encarnacion, santana triplets? Choke.

Regardless, lets go yankees!

9. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I'm rooting for them too.

Because they're a much easier opponent for the Astros to beat.:D

10. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Astros are a bad match up for yanks but the way theyre playing now with such confidence, I like our chances in houston

11. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    The top of the 8th at Wrigley had to be the longest half inning in baseball history....ESPECIALLY is you were sitting in 57 degree temps, raining like hell, and the wind blowing in driving sheets or rain in your face at a 45 degree slant.

12. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    I noticed that. I felt bad for the players - especially the pitcher. Strausburg was excellent.

Some players step up during the post-season and other players will provide an unsatisfactory performance. Anything can happen in post-season baseball. Yogi is correct. "It ain't over until it is over."

13. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Still have faith in nyy despite 2-1. kluber was a yankee killer too.

Need to switch bird and judge in order. When they were in minors bird was considered best, then sanchez, then judge. Future is bright indeed for yankees.

Mean time, is altuve and correa best combo in history? Cant think of another. Jeter never had a 2nd base like this, a rod never had one. Joe morgans ss was mediocre hitter. Old time middle infielders never hit. Rizzuto? Nah.

14. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    It was a good game wasn't it?

I think I heard something like the Astros 1,2,3 and 6,7,8 are the best grouping of hitters ever. Now it wasnt a numbers thing, just that the bottom of the order is up there with the top.

I haven't watched much of baseball since 2005, the astros just let me down so hard that year. But I think this is possibly the best team they have ever had.

15. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Astros, all the way, baby!!

Sent from my iPod touch using FerrariChat

16. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    I remember when the Astro aka Expos used to be National League. Lol

17. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I don't think that's correct , Phil. The Astros were once the Colt 49ers, way back in the '60s. They evolved into the Astros I think in the late '60s-early '70s when I was a kid.

The Montreal Expos became the Washington Nationals, right? About 20 years ago?

18. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    And of course the Astros only left the NL for the AL a few years ago, maybe 3 or 4...

19. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Yea, no.

Astros have always been here. Colt 45s first. But yes, they used to be in the national league, and when they went to the series in 2005.

As Greg said, the Nationals were the Expo's.

20. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Yankees will never be Cinderella. They are the Evil Empire.
    Scary thing is that their everyday players are so young, if they can add some starting pitching, it could be another dynasty. This postseason experience will help them in the long run.
    T

21. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Astros were called Colt 45s for about 2 years. They came into being in 1962, same year as my Mets.

Nats are the erstwhile Expos. They relocated the franchise about a dozen years ago.

Interestingly, Texas Rangers, used to be the Washington Senators, but not the Walter Johnson Senators (they're new the Twins!). T

22. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    A ha, thanks! Colt 45s not 49s, duh!

23. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Be careful here, they are still both quite young. Morgan-Concepcion still the gold standard IMO. Back in the day, SS was largely a a glove-first position before guys like Ripken changed that. They have a ways to go, but are definitely in the mix if they stay healthy, together and on good teams...T

24. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I didnt even catch that he said 49s when I responded.

25. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Only reason I knew about the 45s, as a kid, my favorite Met, Rusty Staub, started out with them before moving to Montreal and becoming Le Grand Orange!
    T