2017 FORMULA 1 AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 36 | FerrariChat

2017 FORMULA 1 AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jun 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    I would love to see Lambo make an F1 effort but I don't think it will ever happen. And just because my car was a piece of crap doesn't mean I change a lifetime of pulling for the same team. I'd call 38k in repair to drive 1800 miles a LOT more than just flaws.

Again, I don't go into someone's house and insult their choices. Regardless of what Andrew said, this is still FERRARI chat. If people come here who hate Ferrari then I would suggest they're only trolling.

2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    People who criticise a Ferrari driver are not necessarily Ferrari haters.

Don't forget that, whatever the outcome from the FIA, Vettel's little tantrum at Baku did probably cost Ferrari a win, and also some precious points in the WDC and WCC were lost through a time penalty already.

So, for once that Ferrari is in the hunt, with a good car, good set up and a talented pair of drivers, silly distractions hamper its chance.

Whoever the tifosi choose to blame for that, the expression "staying out of trouble" comes to mind.

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    THIS. 100%

4. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    ...in a marque-specific forum

5. FerrariChat.com > Racing & Tracking > F1
    Even if you consider it a Ferrari thread, the conversation has naught to do with marques; it has become a personality one, no? Not marque specific.
    Lewis is not a Mercedes and Vettel is not a Ferrari. They just happen to drive them (this year...) ;)

6. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    OK...how many people entered this forum purely because of the F1 section without having a general interest in Ferrari?
    And how did they find it? Did they google "F1 forum without the typical British bias"???

I guess most people entered here because they have a soft spot for Ferrari in general, be it the old or the new cars. So likely those people also support the Scuderia as they represent their passion...So even if this is NOT a "FERRARI F1" forum it is still on the platform of a Ferrari-Forum on so it seems logical that the majority supports the Scuderia and also their current driver, because when the current driver do no good the Scuderia will not do either...

7. #882 lorenzobandini, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    All of the above is understood.

I arrived here after FChat was refferred to in one of the FordGTForum's threads. I found it whilst googling the Ford GT to see how it was allowed to race without homolgation. I love cars and am passionate about racing (fading as it is due to the changes...). 'Own no exotic. 'Don't race anymore.
    'Only was a fan of one team (Lotus) and one driver (Jimmy). If Jimmy went to, let's say, Matra, I would have been pulling for him and for Lotus. Not Matra or the drivers of Lotus. Either way, I wouldn't have used a blind eye to judge any mis-doings by anyone. (well, Jimmy never would...so that point is moot, but you know what I mean) :)

(edit: Speaking of passion for racing, 'watching The Tour de France as I type...errrr...hunt and peck)

8. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    I got here searching for an argument. Wrong door? ;)

9. Wrong door? There is no door.
    Say no more. Say no more.

You want arguments? That's two threads down.
    Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink. Know what I mean? Know what I mean?

:)

10. ELP_JC

ELP_JC Formula 3

Dec 13, 2008
    #885 ELP_JC, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    Supporting the Scuderia and its drivers doesn't mean you can't criticize either. In fact, that has to happen to keep everybody on track, and that's also why drivers and principals change all the time when they don't keep the team moving forward. I like this place because there're few fanboys (my definition of a fanboy is believing your brand can do no wrong, and everybody involved is perfect), and most folks are open-minded, and very knowledgeable about the sport, and lay criticism where it's due, be it the Scuderia or anybody else;). I like Vettel, but lately, he's been behaving like a petulant child, and damaging the Scuderia. Just like your children, if they need reprimanding, it needs to be done. And unlike the Scuderia, drivers can come and go if they become a liability, rather than an asset. Let's hope Vettel learned his lesson, get whatever his issues are in order, and continues his march towards the much needed WDC. And hopefully with Kimmi on board (plus the needed reliability), the WCC too.

11. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    That is all true and actually not the question. The starting point was that the quality of the "haters" or "fanboys" are the same on both sides (Vettel/Hamilton) only the quantity is different due to the fact that this forum is Ferrari-based.
    If a Ferrari-fan would enter a Hamilton-biased forum he would face at least the same as the Hamilton-fans do over here, I would even think it would be much worse. But lately (started with Toil) a few Hamilton-supporters make it sound like this is the most unfair place on earth....
    I tend to agree with you, Vettel seems to be under much more pressure than he was ever before and it looks like his easygoing nature of the early RB-years is not seen anymore.
    Looking at Verstappen in the last races one could see the same: both of them do not get the results that are possible and both of them are not to blame entirely for that. And just after having the contact with Max in the last race Vettels race was again spoiled by a contact he does not see his fault in (not to start the same discussion again whether it was or not) and so he has a very thin skin at the moment. Maybe he feels that this might be a unique opportunity to get the WDC with Ferrari and every incident reduces his chances a little bit...I would say that Schumacher became easier as well once he got his fist WDC with Ferrari after trying for a few year finally achieving what he was hired for.

12. Tifosi Ferrari

Tifosi Ferrari Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2017
    I agree. Though I think Vettel cause he knows any major mistake cause him to lose wdc if just one race was lost he knows that Lewis could walk it without him pushing for the car. The car rage was probably the result of him letting off steam. I think he needs to relax and he's older so he's bound to have more social issues and anger issues.

Michael is probably different to many others since his patience must be huge I mean he had waited for 4 years for a 3rd title in 2000 then the following went into a dominance that still is today unmatched at 5 years of Michael Schumacher taking titles. He could of won the 1999 I think if hadn't had that cash that hurt his legs to prevent him from completing the championship despite that Eddie Irvine did nearly win and Ferrari gotten it's first constructers since 1983 so if Michael had not had that cash he would of wom the title. He still could of won the 2006 title also if he didn't have the engine failure at the 2nd last race which meant the title could of been decided in the last race instead.

Anyway I think his sheer determintion of having the oldest team in F1 be on top must of been a great thing for him to stay for the 4 years without a title. Another thing It might have been cause given the resources Ferrari have, having its own test track, and him being a master of testing must of seen that as a great thing for him to stay for which paid off eventually. Ferrari needed someone to organise them to be top again and Michael knew that he can make them win. So Michael Schumacher was a very different person when it came to the team which is why team held him as the greatest and worth having Michael stay.

Which is why his son they're having a keen interest on him. If he does want to go f1 and may want to go with Ferrari in their young drivers program they said in one site if that happens "roll out the red carpet for him".

13. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    +100