2017 FORMULA 1 AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 35 | FerrariChat

2017 FORMULA 1 AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jun 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    Also, just to be clear, I loathe Montoya and still hate him for ruining MSs perfect season (and I'm married to a Spainiard). I never could stand Webber and Massa grates on my last nerve. I have never had strong feelings one way or another about Vettel but have always been a Kimi fan (even named my dog Kimi). I find his personality entertaining.

2. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    We have different views and I disagree with you guys

3. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    Jaz, recently I also got frustrated with the LH trashing that had taken over this forum so I went back and read the threads from 2007 to see if it had always been like this. When Lewis first started in F1 he had a lot of fans, most people in this forum included (though the users here today are mostly a different bunch). People loved not only his driving but also his character and personality. By the end of the season his tone became a bit arrogant and the same fans were starting to get turned off. Even Jackie Stewart who criticizes him at any opportunity today, spoke highly of him for being hard working and grounded. Unfortunately I think Lewis has had a lot of bad influence around him since he started in F1. I'm still a fan of him as a driver and do think he's probably a good guy underneath it all and that he genuinely cares about fans and the sport... but he's hard to relate to as a person and has his foot in his mouth too often.

If one only went to P&R one might assume that Fchat has race and religious intolerance issues but I think most of those questionable users don't post in the F1 forum.

4. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
  5. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    Disagree all you want, about RACING. But don't ever insinuate that I am something I'm not. You don't know me.

6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1

7. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Cool

8. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    You don't know me either

9. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    Absolutely true. Which is why I didn't imply you were something you're not and wouldn't.

10. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Montoya is Colombian, no?

11. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Let's not go that far; he is just the opposition.

12. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Never specifically directed my racial allegations to you or anybody else - Why are you so worked up about it :confused:

13. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Exactly

14. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    If anybody is genuinely racially unbiased and my comments offend you.
    I would like to APOLOGIZE but if you're a pretender they still apply

15. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    How dare you suggest that anyone here is racist? You really are difficult to fathom. You are the only person to make any suggestion of racism

16. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    No, to ferrari, and it's fans, he is exactly that, the enemy. This is why I wonder why anyone comes onto a ferrari-centred forum and wonders why they get a rough ride when they try to support elton or any other team driver as the be all and end all of F1. Seems like if you want to discuss your favourite with likeminded people, the best places to go would be a Mercedes forum, or maybe an outright formula one forum. Here, the majority are tifosi, and as such, see him as the enemy and someone to be beaten, and where possible, vilified and undermined. Not to mention, it's also great fun to take the piss out of someone like him, especially given he loads our ammunition for us every time he opens his mouth and makes stupid statements

17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    By and large, there's a distinct lack of civility on Fchat with anything Lewis-related.

From Neurobeaker

I agree and think it's a shame. Too many threads are polluted by incessantly repetitive commentary about how much Hamilton is deemed to have a deplorable personality. Sometimes I wonder if we'll ever reach a point where the people making these comments will have felt that they've sufficiently expressed their displeasure regarding Hamilton and will understand that the rest of us understand that they're certainly not fans of his.

All the best,
    Andrew.

18. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    If you read mine William, lots are actually humourous and witty posts. People are going to get a reaction when they post anti-ferrari stuff on a ferrari forum, I don't know why that's not understood?, maybe you could shed light on it? If I went onto www.mercedes.com, I would accept that if I took a swipe at their favourite driver, they would reply rather nastily towards me, so if I wanted to give my opinion, I'd accept the consequences. However, since I'm not a fan of Mercedes nor either of their drivers, I wouldn't dream of posting on their site, it's pretty easy.

To me, a ferrari forum means it's likely most people support ferrari, yet people start threads with the outright intent to create issues (such as the recent 'is it time for the FIA to ban vettel' or whether it was called), it's a red rag to a bull.

Rigjtly or wrongly, ferrari fans don't, on the whole, support elton, and his character is extremely easy to laugh at, hence, people laugh and poke fun at him

19. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

+1

Having been in here since LH was in F1 (I was reading before signing up), I've noticed a pretty big swing in Lewis support post 2009, which is around the time he sacked his father and started showing more of who he really is. Before, plenty liked him, or at least where neutral.

Even going on Lewis subforums on for instance Autosport, if you say anything positive about drivers like Vettel they'll be lynching you also. Simply coming here and doing the same, well it's the same result. Actually, it's not. I think it's actually more civilized here than other forums!

Guys like Toil ruined it for many Lewis fans here, his irrational arguments and him truly trolling Ferrari fans into saying our drivers where **** and whatnot, just endlessly promoting lewis and not providing any insight whatsoever. It's akin to a BMW guy coming to a Mercedes forum and telling everyone constantly how much better BMW's are than Mercedes. It's not going to end well.

There's a few LH fans here who are completely normal. I understand it's hard for them to say anything, I had the same when I was one of the few Vettel supporters here.

That said, some of the toughest LH critics here are also the first to praise him when he's truly done an exceptional job (Canada qualifying for example). Not all will do it, understandably, and we won't drone on about it either (also understandably I imagine).

To some it may look like an endless hate towards him, but I actually think constantly being accused of being an Elton hater simply because we don't sings songs of praise about him or post ''well he's a very good driver'' constantly, has made it even worse.

20. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
  21. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    Everything Sid and Bas said, 100%.

I actually like LH in the beginning, but as Bas said, after he cut his dad, he just kept shooting off his mouth and acting like a fool. The whole rap thing was it for me. And let me clarify, I am a huge rap fan. I have been listening since GMF, BUT for someone who is not in the industry to simply claim they are going to be a hit at someone else's profession - which DOES require talent - is the ultimate in arrogance to me and I can't stomach it. Like when Michael Jordan said he was going to become a professional golfer. By making such declarations, you insult the people who have spent a lifetime of work to become successful at something you think you're going to step into with no work behind you.

22. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
  23. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
  24. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Well actually, you have assumed too much. From Andrew's post yesterday in the "Time for the FIA to make an example of Vettel?" thread:

I have to say that I also found it a bit ironic (and funny!) that a person who got rid of a Ferrari because of flaws and switched to a vehicle from the enemy up the road would leap to the defense of "Ferrari uber alles" ;) in the F1 section! :p Would you take the same position if Lamborghini had an F1 team? Your Ferrari loyalty is already called into question by your choice of vehicle... :D