2017 FORMULA 1 AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 34 | FerrariChat

2017 FORMULA 1 AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jun 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Do you think that after Mexico, the FIA said "Hmmm, what Vettel said to Charlie over the radio, is it as bad as, or worse, or not as bad as, what Hamilton said in an interview 3 years ago, because the response to that comment is our standard to judge all other driver comments"?

Or maybe, unlike here, it's not always about Hamilton and the FIA just might judge Vettel's case on it's own without constantly having to make everything about Hamilton?

2. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    But why are the Hamilton Supports bash on that again but what Lewis said is forgotten? For the FIA the two cases certainly have nothing to do with each other but for the discussion here they have....

Gesendet von meinem SM-G800F mit Tapatalk

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Some of the people who believe in such things (swearing should be a crime and such!) really shouldn't meet me, I'd be doing time before I've even finished introducing myself :D

4. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Vettel is behaving more and more like an Italian which at the moment is only causing him troubles but in case of him winning the championship will make it all the sweeter.
    Ferrari is a different team to all the others and the FIA should take that into account. We can't all have a stiff upper lip just because most of F1 is british.

5. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    You should watch calling people names. It's against the rules. You are here arguing about decorum, right?

6. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    F1's reputation is already gone. It's a joke. A farce. There is absolutely nothing Hamilton or Vettel can say that is going to change the fact that there's no racing going on.

I'm amazed that so many people claim to want to see good racing and competition but have an expectation that adrenaline junkie, high-testosterone athletes won't behave passionately when they think they're being screwed. I suppose you're all waiting for those driverless cars so they all have that polite sterile voice?

7. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I expect people who participate in motor racing to behave in a civilised manner and observe some sportsmanship.
    I have no sympathy with thuggish behaviour.
    Maybe I am old fashion.

8. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    All this FIA BS about promoting road safety is a joke and totally disingenuous - as in, F1 is the exact opposite of promoting road safety: let loose a bunch of teenagers and twenty-somethings in 800+ hp cars, battling each other with inches to spare at 200+ mph! It's like using MMA fights to promote interpersonal relationships.

In fact, the low speed collision behind the safety car actually proves the point that by reducing your speed, you are less likely to be injured in the event of a collision, so maybe Vettel will be used as a positive example :)

9. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    Yes. And your definition of civilized differs from others.

10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    There's civilized and just being overly sensitive (re swearing etc).

11. Both affirmative.

12. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    You not notice them ganging up on me :confused:
    Stooges is reference not an insult IMO

13. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    #838 F2003-GA, Jul 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Seriously
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Nyah, nyah, nyah.... ;)

Thank you. 'Quite honored to be regarded in such company. :)

(And appropriately so, as 'just here for fun, nothing else)

15. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Bad sportsmanship and questionable actions are nothing new to F1 - And neither is thuggish behaviour!:

Stewart Vs Regazzoni German GP '72: Whilst battling for second place, Regazzoni put Stewart into the barriers on the fearsome (proper) Nürburgring. Stewart did not believe it to be a simple racing incident.

Hunt Vs A Race Marshal Canadian GP '77: Whilst battling for the lead, Hunt was taken out of the race by his team mate Jochen Mass, whilst trying to lap him. As Hunt tried to get on track to raise his fist at Mass on the following lap, a Marshal tried to prevent him going on track and got knocked out by a punch from Hunt for his efforts.

Piquet v Salazar German GP '82: Piquet started trying to "kung-fu" fight Salazar trackside after a collision.

Mansell Vs Senna Belgian GP '87: Senna and Mansell had a coming together on track - After the race Mansell grabbed Senna round the throat.

Senna Vs Prost Japanese GP '89: Senna ran into the side of Prost pretty much knowing he couldn't make the corner.

Senna Vs Prost Japanese GP '90: Senna smashed Prost off the track in a pre-planned attack.

Senna Vs Irvine Japanese GP '93: Angered by Irvine un-lapping himself during the race, post-race Senna confronted Irvine, who proceeded to wind the Brazilian up, resulting in Senna punching the Irishman.

Schumacher Vs Villenueve '97: Schumacher deliberately rammed the side of Villeneuve's car in an attempt to put Villeneuve out of the race.

Schumacher Vs Hakkinen Belgian GP 2000: As Mika Hakkinen attempted to overtake Schumacher at high speed for the lead on the long straight towards Les Combes, Schumacher moved across on the Finn, bumping him partially onto the grass - Hakkinen was not impressed and had a quiet word with Schumacher away from the Worlds media after the race.

Schumacher Vs Barrichello Hungarian GP 2010: When Barrichello attempted to overtake Schumacher on the start-finish straight at high speed, Schumacher tried to prevent it happening by squeezing the Brazilian against pit-wall (Barrichello still got past, and was not impressed by the actions of his ex-team mate).

To name but few incidents!

Compared to just about all of those events, this whole Baku Vettel Vs Hamilton collision is a complete fuss over nothing!

16. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Cool :)

17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Not really, you accused us of being racist, and when asked to provide evidence for any such nonsense, you accuse us of ganging up on you, and label us the three stooges (not that I care for the latter).

18. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    I made a general remark and if it doesn't apply to you then why you responding :confused:
    I never picked out anybody specifically and said they were racist

19. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    You suggested a good portion of this thread are racists. I remember that. I remember it clearly and honestly, you're lucky you didn't get a ban for it. You can challenge someone's opinion all you'd like, but you can make any reference to someone else's character. Most everyone is sick to death of being called a racist simply because they think a person of color is a ****. I think a ton of white people are dbags too. What does that make me? Race traitor? It's the last card people always play when others don't agree with them and it's tired as hell.

20. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    #845 F2003-GA, Jul 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    Ok Jana - I grew up a brown kid in England the vast majority of white people were
    excellent and very caring folks. But I put up with a lot ABUSE from some including
    getting beat up. We all have different perspectives and different experiences and
    therefore view things differently - I feel Lewis gets excessively abused on this thread

21. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1

22. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Yes - but it's not because of his colour, it's because of his character.

23. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Lewis gets more abuse for 2 things:

1) He's a bellend in most peoples opinion
    2) He wins loads without any competition (due to the car), and also in the wrong car.

IF he (please no) would drive for Ferrari there'd be less people against him, sure. Lewis has tons of fans but most in the ''wrong'' group, i.e. most not real F1 fans but just a fan of himself, so they'll follow whatever he does.

Before Vettel came to Ferrari many here HATED him also, now it's far less. Same goes with Alonso. I don't think Lewis will enjoy such a reduction in hatred if he does come to Ferrari, mostly because of his persona.

Lewis has a huge prima donna persona, he's very vocal, often detracts his own statements via PR speak, he comes across as fake/made whatever word is appropriate for that. His ''want for being famous'', a la Kardashians, doesn't help either. Personally I find him a prick, he doesn't treat people nice.

Same argument could be made for other drivers that are loved here, or at least tolerated, but they've other better qualities that Lewis doesn't have, or surely doesn't show.

24. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Because of his colour???????
    Sorry but I personally don't care about that. But it is telling once one runs out of Arguments others are disqualified as hater or racist....propably says more about the one than the others.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G800F mit Tapatalk

25. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    It is a FERRARI forum. Not an F1 forum. Lewis IS the enemy. Did you even bother to think about that before taking offense? The problem with people yelling racist or sexist or rape or _____ all the time is that when it really happens, no one is believed or taken seriously. Any "ism" is a real problem when it's really happening. Let's not diminish the very real situations people face by seeing it everywhere it's not.

I am a woman who has been sexually harassed and this forum races in the high testosterone level, yet I'm not seeing sexism in every post. I could and sometimes I'd be right, but I chose to ignore those that can't evolve beyond classifying someone as lessor based on sex/color in order to make themselves feel better.

I get tired of hearing the accusation as I am one of many that don't give a crap about anything other than how a person behaves. Do you work? Are you an ******? Do you kick puppies? Do you have a moral compass? Those are what matters.