2016 year 488 model ESC, E-DIFF, AHV failure | FerrariChat

2016 year 488 model ESC, E-DIFF, AHV failure

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by jonazizbey, Jul 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jonazizbey

jonazizbey Rookie

Jul 16, 2021
    Full Name:
    Aziz JON
    Hi Guys
    Please help guys to solve issue with ESC, E-DIFF, AHV failure on dashboard 488 model.
    Scanner can not connect ABS module,

would be appreciated if someone help witrh wiring diagram.

2. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Does the car start ?

3. jonazizbey

jonazizbey Rookie

Jul 16, 2021
    Full Name:
    Aziz JON
    Hi Friend, yeah car starting,

4. jonazizbey

jonazizbey Rookie

Jul 16, 2021
    Full Name:
    Aziz JON
    I have checked there is voltage from battrey and ign, grounds all fine. managed to find 2 pair of CAN lines, and check voltages on both, voltages are also OK. one has 120 Ohms when disconnected, another is nothing,

Scanner can not connnect ABS module, and when i disconnect abs plug and start car ABS light is coming on dash, connected and started car, ABS light is going off, It seems like ABS is communicating with some modules etc Engine, Instrument, but can not connect to scanner itself.,

any wiring would be helpful to check 2nd line to find what is problem, 2 CAN lines could be used for scanning purposes, as I understand internal CAN lines working

5. jonazizbey

jonazizbey Rookie

Jul 16, 2021
    Full Name:
    Aziz JON
    another thing is driving selector ( MANETTINO) stays in WET mode all the time, it is probably due to this ABS related issue,

6. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Battery failure. My then 18 month old 2018 488 had the same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

7. jonazizbey

jonazizbey Rookie

Jul 16, 2021
    Full Name:
    Aziz JON

8. Steve90265

Steve90265 Rookie

Sep 25, 2018
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Stephen D
    I had a very similar problem, however car would not start unless I unhooked and reconnected up battery. I would get all the same errors. I essentially was rebooting the system, which then allowed the car to start, but with these same problems. The car was on my battery tender. It was maddening. I finally set battery tender to “recondition” mode and that cleared up all my problems. I guess the battery output was insufficient.

9. jonazizbey

jonazizbey Rookie

Jul 16, 2021
    Full Name:
    Aziz JON
    No no there is no problem with battrey, because of battrey abs could not be disappared from scan ecu's list. there is something else problem, - would be very good help if someone share abs wiring.

10. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Does car move? If the parking brake will not release you need a new EPB Module, do not do the manual release procedure, it will require new rear brake calipers (very expensive).

11. jonazizbey

jonazizbey Rookie

Jul 16, 2021
    Full Name:
    Aziz JON
    car moves, and you can put on parking brake and relase parking brake, EPB Module is working and does not have a fault as well, when you on ignition ABS light gets on and after car start gets off from dashboard, but ESC, E-DIFF, AHV failure on dashboard comes up one by one,
    I can not connect to ABS module to determine what problem is,

12. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    With Ferrari, error codes can have nothing to do with what is shown.

Best to take it to a dealer for full diagnostics using their factory computers.

Gh21631 likes this.
  13. Rarri925

Rarri925 Rookie

Dec 31, 2015
    Please post when you find the solution. I'm having the exact same issue with my car. All the failures you mentioned are the same exact ones i'm seeing on my dash. The manetino failure light temporarily came on and the car automatically went in wet mode. That light went away.

14. jonazizbey

jonazizbey Rookie

Jul 16, 2021
    Full Name:
    Aziz JON
    Hi
    Actually car was fully waterfilled car, brought from Japan, I fixed all electronics and wiring from donor car. donor car was accident car.

after I start car lots of faults were poping up etc ESC, E-DIFF, AHV failure and sport,race, mode was not activaing,
    i have driven some time, All faults has gone. Now there is only remaining AHV fault. automatic parking brake also working,

on steering wheel monettino switch also working and changing modes, sport,race

But stilll couln't connect to ABS ECU control unit, its might be due to Autel scanner, as it might not support this model 488..

15. awmiami

awmiami Rookie

Aug 31, 2021

I was having the same issue with my 2015 California T. At random times I would get Manetino, ESC, and AHV failure. The car would run fine, but I had no ABS or traction control, which is not a great way to drive a Ferrari.

I called the service advisor at Ferrari and he told me it was a battery issue, so I changed the battery and was still getting the faults. I then sent it in to service at the Ferrari dealer and he couldn't find any faults. I mentioned to him that I saw something on Ferrari Chat about a brake switch causing this problem and when they checked the computer it wasn't showing any brake switch faults. I had them change it anyway, and that took care of it. No more failures !

P.S. I paid $6000 for the one year extended warranty, and the brake switch wasn't covered in that warranty !

16. TXJay

TXJay Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2022
    Austin, TX
    OP—did you ever find resolution on this? If so what was the found issue?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

17. Uzair72

Uzair72 Rookie

Dec 31, 2022
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Uzi
    I am having the same issue with a 2018 GTC4Lusso T. I will be replacing the brake switch soon. The battery was just tested a few weeks ago.