2016 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 16 | FerrariChat

2016 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jun 19, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    LoL...lets all just take a breather and enjoy the F1 show eh? :)

2. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    And people say "P&R is a ZOO."

Ah-mazing.

3. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #378 Ferrari 308 GTB, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    I think we losing sight of the obvious here..

Property= Location Location Location
    F1 = Car Car Car

All this stuff about Lewis v Nicole v Alonslow v Fiat v Max v whoever is getting kinda old.
    resulting in ban's etc.Chill out people (please).

4. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Yes, but don't tell the others! here it is kinda "private club" only for those who have been initiated...

Rgds

5. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    #380 IamRobG, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    See how it is peaceful now here?

Rgds

7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    :)

8. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Couldn't agree more. Throw in the prohibition on testing and your advantage is guaranteed. that is why I no longer follow the silly season-more interested to see if a Newey goes somewhere as opposed to where a driver goes.

9. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    If we did have abs and tc/lc, maybe I'd agree, but look at Vettel and Nico's starts compared to other drivers on the grid. Those two can get off faster and make up spots above the speed of their car.

I think that with the V6's, drivers have been even more important than with the outgoing V8's. Perhaps the talent gap is closer, but you won't just drop me in the Mercedes and have me place 2nd to the other Mercedes driver, ahead of the field

10. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Not sure about that, I'd like to think I could have a good go at the front with a little practice. I'd certainly make sure I knew how the controls worked first, of course!

11. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Not you, not me-but do you think if you put Sainz in the MB and Hammy in the TR, Hammy would beat Sainz? I don't.

12. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
  13. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Lewis Hamilton knew how his controls worked! - The problem is, far too many people on Fchat are buying in to the misinformation that has been posted!

All of Hamilton's switches were set correctly, in such a way that he should have been in a power mode that gave him full power.

For some reason though, despite being set to give full power, the car went into a mode that didn't give him any ERS/KERS power, and there were no displays or alarms to tell him why the power setting was incorrect for the switch settings selected.

Think of it like a computer doing a windows update with no warning whatsoever:

One minute you're happily reading through the posts on Fchat, and you decide to reply to a post.

So you compose what you want to say as per usual, and then click the "submit reply" button - Only nothing happens!

Your screen locks up, you can't move the cursor, Ctrl/Alt/delete does nothing, and there's no messages to tell you why.

You know you haven't changed anything, and you've not pressed any keys you don't normally press, but your computer is suddenly just not working.

A short while later your computer appears to be working correctly again, and when you come to switch off your computer, suddenly it tells you that it's installing updates.

Is the problem due to you not knowing your computer well enough? - Or is it because you computer is suddenly doing something unexpected with no warning? :confused:

That's pretty much what Hamilton was faced with in his car!

14. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    That doesn't make much sense to me based on the radio chatter at the time AND the comments straight after the race by toto and lauda.

Are you assuming, or do you have a better source than the above?

15. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Agree.

Anyway, I've heard Mercedes have sourced a replacement steering wheel and are adapting it as I type this. Photos here for those interested: http://www.kmart.com.au/product/a-z-driver-steering-wheel/598805
    Pete :)

16. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #391 Ferrari 308 GTB, Jun 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    That is definitely more like it, love the late 1970s cockpit!

18. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Sorry Phil, but that's a pretty skewed view, it's totally the opposite of what his team and he said after the race.

When I get a technical problem, admittedly at 0mph, but probably within a time limit at work, I have enough understanding to get the computer running again, either rebooting or switching modes, and I haven't had any formal training, I have just made sure I know enough to do the basics.

Elton needed to calm down, work through the processes, and had no idea where to start. Panicking and moaning doesn't help anyone, and I'm sorry, but the radio ban affects everyone, not just Elton, and he should not get special treatment. People are saying that nico's issue what different, and he had merely to undo a few buttons/switches to correct it, but he still had to know what had happened, and how to reverse it. I personally have no belief Elton would be able to do the same.

The difference in the two is that, just like in Monaco, when Nico gets an issue, generally he calmly tackles it, and if he can't fix it, drives the car around the issue as best he can, and brings it home, no whining, no blocking his teammate, no blame and no quivering bottom lip in his interviews like he's been wronged by the world. Elton moans like hell, blames everyone, and generally ****s his pants in anger.

19. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Aeroscreen anyone?

20. islerodreaming

islerodreaming Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Full Name:
    John - a proud Australian man
    Should be a red rim like the 60's Lotus.

John

21. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1

Neutral button is all that's really needed ;).

Different engine map? Called the throttle (no, not torque pedal)

Pitlimit? Slow down in time and don't go over the limit

Diff settings? Set it up in the garage and leave it in one setting

Brake balance? Same story...

22. I16

I16 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2008
  23. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    From: Lewis Hamilton has problems at European GP as Nico Rosberg dominates - BBC Sport :

It emerged from communication between driver and team that there was a problem with an engine setting - but the team radio restrictions meant the team could not tell him what was wrong or how to fix it.

It is not yet completely clear what had happened - although the team said it was "a problem with the setting you are in" but that "it's not something you've done - it's a setting that is incorrect".

Hamilton was clearly frustrated but with 10 laps to go he finally made a change that solved the problem............

...........Both drivers had the same problem at times during the race.

"Nico had made a change during the race that caused the issue," said a Mercedes spokesperson. "So when told it was an issue with the mode, as permitted by FIA, he switched back out of it.

"Lewis had the setting from start of race and it was not obvious that this setting was causing the problem. The fundamental problem is on our heads as it was a configuration not working properly, not the driver's fault".

Toto Wolff stated the exact same thing on the UK's live Channel 4 coverage - Nico had made a change on his steering wheel, lewis had not.

24. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Correct.

25. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    That's either a 312b3 or the 312t1 cockpit iirc.