2016 Cali T for me! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2016 Cali T for me!

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by MrBobT, Jan 24, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MrBobT

MrBobT Rookie

Dec 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    robert s towery
    Space I rented. A bunch of car (and some other types) enthusiasts got together and built these man caves. Buddies in my cars and coffee group. They did this before I joined the group or I would have gotten in on the build. But luckily I was able to rent this space. It's got a great social aspect to it too, at least pre-Covid.

2. MrBobT

MrBobT Rookie

Dec 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    robert s towery
  3. MrBobT

MrBobT Rookie

Dec 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    robert s towery
  4. MrBobT

MrBobT Rookie

Dec 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    robert s towery
    SLViper1 likes this.
  5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  6. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  7. robmike

robmike Rookie

Mar 22, 2011
  8. MrBobT

MrBobT Rookie

Dec 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    robert s towery
    So several years ago I was photographing a local car show. It was hard not to notice her.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

tomc likes this.
  9. MrBobT

MrBobT Rookie

Dec 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    robert s towery
    A little later she and a friend approached me and asked if I was a photographer (had my camera bag, and this is pre-cell phone camera times). "Yes," I reply.

(Insert thick Russian accent) "We are two girls from Russia, we have nothing like this in Russia. Can you take some pictures of us we can share with our friends back home?"

"Of course, I said!"

I have some experience shooting models and the one in the white top for sure had modeling experience. We had a good time with it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. MrBobT

MrBobT Rookie

Dec 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    robert s towery
  11. MrBobT

MrBobT Rookie

Dec 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    robert s towery
    After that these two women approached me and said something like "Do you only take pictures of skinny babes or would you mind taking ours too?" LOL.

I sent the Russian the pictures. Got back a quick "thank you very much, you Americans are so nice." Last I heard from them.

12. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Dang! You were living the Ferrari Lifestyle even before you owned one! Well done. Now, you're gong to be a complete magnet! Welcome to the madness!
    T

MrBobT likes this.
  13. MrBobT

MrBobT Rookie

Dec 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    robert s towery
    tomc likes this.
  14. DrStig

DrStig Rookie

Dec 26, 2020
    Congrats! I purchased a 2017 Cali T from the other dealer in Chicago (Continental) last weekend. Small world. If you were looking at the time you probably saw mine online - the Grigio Alloy with Handling Especiale package. I’m in love and hope you are too!

MrBobT likes this.
  15. Lou D

Lou D Karting

May 16, 2020
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lou Dell
    Bought my 2015 California T June 2020 sight unseen from Sascha at Westlake. Had it shipped from the West Coast to Connecticut.
    Only regret was not doing this sooner....

California4Ever, Raj seth and tomc like this.
  16. MrBobT

MrBobT Rookie

Dec 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    robert s towery
    Wow, that was the only other color combo I was considering. Really narrows down the prospects. That's one beautiful machine, congratulations. Well, I gotta find another car in beautiful metallic blue. We shall see!

17. MrBobT

MrBobT Rookie

Dec 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    robert s towery
    Congrats! I'm more Magnaride than Handling Speciale with a wife with a bad back. But enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. DrStig

DrStig Rookie

Dec 26, 2020
    yes I hear you. With the wife along it always goes on sport with bumpy road setting (keeps the suspension in comfort mode) or just straight comfort. The difference is very noticeable.

19. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Grigio Alloy is a gorgeous color on the Cali. Have you posted pics of your new California @DrStig ?

T

DrStig likes this.
  20. SB27

SB27 Karting

Dec 2, 2015
    Have a Grigio Alloy 2016 Cali T also. Will post pictures if DrStig does (LOL). The color is outrageous. It's not the red Ferrari look but people go wild for the color.

DrStig and tomc like this.
  21. DrStig

DrStig Rookie

Dec 26, 2020
    I have not gotten any proper photos yet but here is a quick one. It’s really an impossible color to capture correctly. It can be bright silver or ice blue depending on the ambient lighting. Sorry for thread hijack.

tomc likes this.
  22. MrBobT

MrBobT Rookie

Dec 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    robert s towery
    Beautiful!

DrStig likes this.
  23. TifosiConch

TifosiConch Karting

Jan 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Maurer
    Congratulations- my car has a twin, right down to the yellow calipers! I looked for months as well, the Magneride was a must, as were the diamond rims, full power seats and cameras. The rest of it was gravy and I have added some carbon fiber. Enjoy.

24. MrBobT

MrBobT Rookie

Dec 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    robert s towery
    Tifosi Conch - Eccellente!

25. TifosiConch

TifosiConch Karting

Jan 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Maurer