2015 NSX: Is anyone seriously considering it? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

2015 NSX: Is anyone seriously considering it?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by DriveAfterDark, Aug 5, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Crapping on a vehicle before it has been released/tested for a true world evaluation, typical.

2. Long Beach Pride

Mar 13, 2014
    Long Beach Ca
    Full Name:
    Alfred E. Neumen
    #102 Long Beach Pride, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
    Obviously not with prospective buyers throwing down $5,000 to get in line for a GT4 Cayman that only the Porsche people have driven so far. Some dealerships have cue's 20+ people deep and most of them will only ever get to buy this car second-hand. Besides there are many dealerships that will not even get a build slot due to low sales numbers such as Bakersfield but Beverly Hills, Auto Gallery's branch and perhaps Pasadena's Rusnak Porsche will probably get the most allocations for GT4s in The LA/OC Area!

But it's a funny algorithm Porsche uses to determine which dealerships will get the "Special Cars". For instance last week that Bakersfield dealership had three 991 GT3s for sale On their website. Now if these cars were already sold or not I do not know. When someone order's a bespoke car and it is going to one customer it still appears in the New cars section of that dealer's website When the car is in port and on it's way to the point of sale... so all three may have been spoken for and one or two may have been part of the GT3 Engine Recall and have finally arrived - being part of the Group-C recall grouping.

That recall really caused the value of the old GT3/RS to over inflate. For instance a 997.2 GT3RS with around or less than 10K miles are selling at dealerships for MSRP CPO'ed! Can't wait for that bubble to burst when the nest GT3RS comes out this year.

3. Long Beach Pride

Mar 13, 2014
    Long Beach Ca
    Full Name:
    Alfred E. Neumen
    I just want to see if they really make the 9 Speed Dual Clutch rear drive Auto a reality at the American proposed price of $150K! Front wheels Motor Trend says one speed which we all know means CVT. Again someone please correct me but didn't Motor Trend say an estimated price of $150 and a 0 to 60 MPH at 2.3 seconds. I will believe it when I see and drive it but at this moment I still rather spend the nearly $200K for Bespoke 991/911 Turbo (quarter of the price on that 911 is options alone.)

It would have to take a lot to change my mind on Honda's behalf for them to make me an NSX Initiate!

CORRECTIONS:

The magazine is Car and Driver, Not Motor Trend.
    Estimated power is 560BHP
    Estimated 0-60 2.7 seconds.

/end corrections

The 991 911 Turbo S is already hitting 0-60 in 2.5 seconds. I don't know how much more of a benefit two more gears can do? But at least a double clutch keeps the car moving forward.

4. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I'm just the opposite. The i8 leans more to the hybrid side than the NSX. The NSX is supposed to rival the 458 in performance while offering hybrid benefits PLUS torque vectoring traction.
    If Acura can indeed come in at 150K this should be a winner.
    Overcoming the "Honda" prejudice will be another matter.

5. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    This NSX is more than a "numbers" car just like the last one was.
    If you want a pure numbers car the Corvette is a no brainer even over a Porshe especially when you factor in $$$$.
    A 911 turbo doesn't have to spend engineering time and money on a hybrid system that just weighs it down and gives little performance payback.

I think of this iteration of the NSX as a poor man's LaFerrari or 918.

They even have time to fix the fugly front end if they have the will.

6. macadoo

macadoo Karting

Jun 17, 2006
    Colorado
    I'm considering it. Put my name on call list with local dealer when they can start taking orders/deposits. I'll decide this summer when it gets into the hands of the press. I've been itching to buy a mid-engine car and it will probably come down to a used 458 or the NSX.

7. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004

I sort of have a hard time thinking any Acura or Nissa can be regarded as exotic for the very same reason a Corvette is not considered exotic.

8. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Do you consider ford gt exotic?

9. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name: