2015 NSX: Is anyone seriously considering it? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

2015 NSX: Is anyone seriously considering it?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by DriveAfterDark, Aug 5, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Or... We want Acura styling cues on a sportscar.

The original was nothing like their range at the time. This one's "too Acura"...

2. SWB

SWB Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2006
    Toronto & Ottawa
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Styling wise, its to the R8 what the ZDX was to the X6.

3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    the first NSX was Honda at its best.

this NSX is Acura at its worst.

:(

4. Hugh Conway

Hugh Conway Karting

Jul 24, 2012
    In period - maybe even still - the rear wing LED brake light was anything but anonymous

As said above, horrible process all the way through.

5. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Oh dear...

6. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Acura has not had a good looking design since the Intergra Type R. Acura has been missing the boat on styling for quite some time. You can see the dull designs in their Honda's. They are some of the ugliest cars on the road today.

7. rpps

rpps Formula 3

Aug 20, 2005
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Wow! I am glad I found this thread.

I was at the show Monday/Tuesday and I was definitely underwhelmed seeing this in the flesh. Some nice details but, overall, didn't do a damn thing for me.

Looking back at the previous concept images, the vehicle was in MUCH, much better shape. The interior went from class leading to that of a 2005 TL.

And, yes, the Ford GT totally eclipsed this vehicle's launch unless you're brainwashed.

8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    That's a nice $70k car.

9. jratcliff63367

Jan 8, 2015
    As a current owner of a 1996 Acura-NSX-T there is something about the new NSX styling which just doesn't do much for me. I love how my car resembles an F15 fighter jet, all it is missing is wings.

Something about the new one vaguely reminds me a Cadillac concept car.

10. RareAir23

RareAir23 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I about fell out my chair when I saw the F-GT, and just kind of went 'eh when I saw the NSX...Never been a fan of that whole Acura silver shield design language on the front end. I'm sure it will be awesome to drive, just aesthetically doesn't do it for me as opposed to an R8 or something similarly priced.

11. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    I would buy a used R8 V-10 before I would get the NSX...and I am a past multiple NSX owner

12. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #87 Mark(study), Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
    I still remember 5 years ago, Acura designers saying- We know customers don't likes the "beak" but they will get use to it, we are not going to change it, its our companies signature design cue.

I haven't had the urge to test drive an Acura since... to bad, I use to be a fan.

13. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    The new "beak" has been toned down and blackened to blend in more;
    2016 Acura NSX debuts at Detroit auto show | Autoweek

I have no idea why Japanese companies in particular seem to think they know more than the public.
    The original NSX was underpowered by 100 HP to just about everyone outside the corporate chiefs.

That said the real beauty of the new NSX is below the skin;
    Its their version of the hybrid drivetrain that separates it from the rest.
    I just wish it had a carbon fiber tub.

14. Mn-0127

Mn-0127 Formula Junior

Nov 14, 2013
    +1 all day

15. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Harsh audience. My business partner had 3 or four of the orig nsx and i never liked them. Felt like an accord when driven on street. I saw new one as prototype at car show few yrs ago and liked its looks. Dont know about the finished product.
    Regardless its a 918 drivetrain for 80% discount! Ellectric awd with power to individual wheels is amazing. At least lets give it a chance.

16. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Very weak design.
    The original was much better 2WD car.
    AWD? For $150k better buy Audi R8-V10 or a used Gallardo (I love the design).

911 GT3RS for the same price, fun 2WD.

17. xs10shl

xs10shl Formula 3

Dec 17, 2003
    San Francisco
    Doesn't anyone wait to test drive a car anymore before deciding whether or not to buy it?

18. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    dealerships dont seem to allow their limited production top end cars to go on test drives anymore
    however i did get a long weekend test of a new bentley but that is the exception

19. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    I know it's not as fast, but for the whole 3 engine thing, I'd go BMW i8, which from what I've seen is a MUCH superior car in every way except outright speed. If speed is the primary motivation, I'd be looking elsewhere anyway (echo the GT3, Used Audi R8 comments).

20. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
  21. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Thanks for link. i am now officially into this car. It is going to be like the gtr for new decade. Exotic performance and next gen tech along with reliability and practicality all for 1/2 cost of trad exotics. This might replace used 458 on my next car shopping list.

22. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Beautiful car, looks kinda like a McLaren design. I wonder if the Honda/McLaren F1 connection started earlier than announced?

23. Long Beach Pride

Mar 13, 2014
    Long Beach Ca
    Full Name:
    Alfred E. Neumen
    I just want to see if they really make the 9 Speed Dual Clutch rear drive Auto a reality at the American proposed price of $150K! Front wheels Motor Trend says one speed which we all know means CVT. Again someone please correct me but didn't Motor Trend say an estimated price of $150 and a 0 to 60 MPH at 2.3 seconds. I will believe it when I see and drive it but at this moment I still rather spend the nearly $200K for Bespoke 991/911 Turbo (quarter of the price on that 911 is options alone.)

It would have to take a lot to change my mind on Honda's behalf for them to make me an NSX Initiate!

24. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    Good luck with that. You'll have to buy it first.

25. Long Beach Pride

Mar 13, 2014
    Long Beach Ca
    Full Name:
    Alfred E. Neumen
    Obviously not with prospective buyers throwing down $5,000 to get in line for a GT4 Cayman that only the Porsche people have driven so far. Some dealerships have cue's 20+ people deep and most of them will only ever get to buy this car second-hand. Besides there are many dealerships that will not even get a build slot due to low sales numbers.