2015 NSX: Is anyone seriously considering it? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

2015 NSX: Is anyone seriously considering it?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by DriveAfterDark, Aug 5, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    It will have Corvette/GTR performance at twice the price :) :)

R8 and i8 already covered the market it's going to sell to IMO...

2. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Underwhelmed, partially because the basic design has been around for years now.

Although, if its under $100k theyll have a winner. I'm predicting $125ish

3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    yeah I think Acura/Honda screwed themselves taking forever to develop this car.

in 2010 this car with hybrid 600 bhp and a dual clutch 9 speed would have been revolutionary. now it's just "meh".

I saw somewhere $150k :(

4. DriveAfterDark

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    I agree, Guy Incognito.

I too saw 150.000$.

Nothing revolutionary, the car will flop... The original NSX is my all time favorite car. This doesn't even bring ONE smile to my face...

5. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005
    Snore... too little, too late, for too much money. $150k Acura? Lol

6. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    If this thing is under 100k, Id have no interest just based upon the kind of drivers it will undoubtedly attract at that price point. That socially awkward, trying too hard to get laid crowd.

7. DriveAfterDark

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    It's 150.000.

What's the i8 MSRP? And the R8 V10 MSRP?

8. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #58 Mark(study), Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
    We have a black 1999 NSX driving around town, I wouldn't mind owning one.

Yet the "new NSX" has the same problem Lotus has with bringing back "the new Esprit" they just can't seem to find an attractive look or a car that's more about feel than computers. I'm not looking for a car that shifts, steers, parks, drives, follows, track by computer GPS, and is full of heavy batteries and electric motors. LOL

I could have been persuaded if they found a way to;
    - make it weigh less than 2,500 pounds
    - feel like there was nothing between me and the road (simple go-cart feel) less car, more sensation
    - had and artist pen a hand-drawn beautiful looking car (not designed in a wind-tunnel with a computer primarily concerned with meeting new higher door side-impact standards)

9. SWB

SWB Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2006
    Toronto & Ottawa
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Acura should name this the MehSX. Seriously, they couldn't throw a bone to Pininfarina or Bertone? The only thing they kept from the original NSX's ethos is the aluminum architecture and driver ergonomics/visibilty. Acura's new pride and joy got totally eclipsed by Ford's halo car this week in Detroit.
    Guess which car the kids (the few who are car crazy) will be posting up as wallpapers on their computer screens?

10. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Acura/Honda make mistake after mistake when promoting this car, to the point where no one gives a **** about it anymore.

11. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    yep.

including taking six years to launch...and doing so in the same two hour time window as a new Ford GT ;)

12. norcal2

norcal2 F1 Veteran

Different vehicle...I do like the R-8 and of course Im a V-10 fan...a Honda power plant is a good platform..at $155k+- may not be a bad vehicle..I miss my old NSX...
    This one is built in the USA though, instead of Japan...

13. KMR968Turbo

KMR968Turbo Formula 3

Nov 11, 2007
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I can't get over how ugly that front end is. They could have given it a race car front but instead went with something that looks like it mated with a Pontiac Aztec. That beak is hideous. Also, does anyone else notice that the front grill is a smiley face and the hood vents are eyes? Looks like a cartoon. The designers should be shot for ruining the NSX lineage. Glad they finally gave it some power because you are going to need it to hide that ugly mug from the masses.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: Could those presenters be any more ****** bag like? Bad enough the start of the video wasted 4 minutes of my life let alone having to listen to those boring arseholes recite their memorized propoganda in monotones. When the original NSX came out they shocked the world with what Honda could build. They even got a racing legend to advize them on the design. These clowns just shocked me with how dull they are. In a world of GTR's, 911 Turbo's, Ferrari 458's they present us this turd as if they somehow are going to change the industry when the truth is the industry caught up and passed them. I give Nissan credit, they built a hell of a car at the right time that made the big boys take notice. Honda missed the boat big time. Makes me appreciate just how special the original design was for it's day.

14. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    They definitely should have ponied up for Pininfarina. The front is a disaster and the rest is anonymous.

$150,000? (!)

15. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005
    Acura seriously botched everything about this car.

Hell, they couldn't even bother to shoot the promotional video with the real thing... instead opting to use CGI generated video... and even then made it BORING.

Wow these guys are something else...

16. BSU

BSU Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    TX
    GTR MSRP is around 103K.
    R8 is around 175K.
    Drop this in the middle around 150K.

Screw all that. I'd take a Porsche GT3 at 158K.

17. SWB

SWB Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2006
    Toronto & Ottawa
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Do the Japanese manufacturers have an adversion to outside styling houses? I won't be losing any sleep over whether to pull the trigger on the MehSX ever. I loved the original NSX and all they had to do was keep evolving it on pace with its contemporaries.

18. SWB

SWB Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2006
    Toronto & Ottawa
    Full Name:
    Seth
    +997 GT3RS even!

19. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Spot on. I hate the design tries too hard to look futuristic. The first nsx was love at first sight.

20. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Just like the old NSX.
    Pete

21. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Looks BORING, but there´s some interesting stuff under the hood. Let´s wait and see how it drives.

22. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Looks really cool and extreme. I like it!

23. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Mr Wolf's new ride

24. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Its as if the design direction was...we want an Audi R8 but with Acura styling details.

25. Kayvan

Kayvan Karting
    BANNED

Mar 29, 2009
    UGLY CAR.