2015 NSX: Is anyone seriously considering it? | FerrariChat

2015 NSX: Is anyone seriously considering it?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by DriveAfterDark, Aug 5, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    #1 DriveAfterDark, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am. No, I really am. I will be financially able to buy my first exotic in 2015 and I'm obsessing more and more over this car as the 91-05 NSX has always been my all time no. 1 favorite car (I love that it's so image free... Just get in and drive...) and a new NSX 2 would be a fantasy come true.

Attached is a picture of white photoshopped NSX concept in white + some interior shots. My order would definitely be a white exterior with that red/black interior.

Anyone inquired details regarding deposit from their dealer!? I am dying for final spec's and price... I'm trying to figure out which local Honda dealer to give my deposit to and how much it has to be.

Please share some info, thought you guys might have some info that our local Honda guys don't have...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Financially speaking I cannot afford one but I am with you brother, I love the NSX.

3. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    It looks very promising, have the engine and other specs been released yet?

4. SloW8

SloW8 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2010
    My concern is that they will have gone from a pure drivers experience, probably one of the best, to a heavy, electronically controlled one.

5. DriveAfterDark

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Only that it will have a hybrid drivetrain (several electric engines connected directly to the wheels + a V6, it will have more than 500 hp) and Honda's SH-AWD.

What I'm afraid of is that it will be yet another R8... A properly engineered car, and that it stops there... I recently drove the R8 V10 and to me it was not exciting. Capable, but not thrilling, as something with a mid-engine should be!

6. DriveAfterDark

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Indeed... The original one is one of the toughest acts to follow, on par with M5 and 911... You always hold your breath hoping that they will keep the winning formula, if you know what I mean...

7. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    Much as I wanted dearly to love the old NSX it wasn't exciting to drive for me. If only Ferrari and Lambo could get the refinement and durability of a Japanese car OR If Japanese car companies could reproduce the excitement and exotic feel of a Fcar/Lambo.

One day..

8. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #8 Mark(study), Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
    I'm a huge fan of the original NSX, but one of the selling points was that it was so reliable and dependable. I tend to keep cars for a long time... but I just don't see how all these new electronic systems and technologies are going to be anything but added complexity for the sake of complexity?

I'm wondering if all hybrid exotic cars of this period (like the new Porsche 918 Spyder)... will end up being the technological equivalent of the "BetaMax" 15 years from now... as we look back between the simplicity of gasoline powered exotics (pre 2012) and the age of all electric exotic cars in 2025.

9. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I agree with you Mark.

10. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    But the design brief for the original was for a "supercar" that drove as easily as an Accord, and according to the articles I've read they succeeded thereby eliminating the reason why people by these sorts of cars a more involved and extreme driving experience.

Who wants to drive a mid engined Accord?
    Pete

11. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I think the new NSX is taking so long is because Acura/Honda are working out all the kinks so they can make the car just as reliable and worry free as the original.

12. DriveAfterDark

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    I agree with you, especially after driving the R8 V10 on track recently... I was warned that I might be disappointed and I was- I expected more drama from a supercar.
    Looking back, I learned the lesson of a test drives necessity before fulfilling the fantasy of buying a supercar.

The Audi R8 V10 ads are nice, though........

I am really curious about the noise it will make. If its engine is super effective (emission wise) maybe they have to amplify/fake the noise through incar speakers and that would certainly kill the deal...

Let's see how the spec's end up, hopefully we will see some revised and closer to production concepts also.

13. DriveAfterDark

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    I think they felt pressure from Lexus (LFA), Nissan (GT-R) and long awaiting Honda & NSX fans. I know I've been waiting quite much since the originals production closed around '05.

They also spent significant resources on the front-engined prototypes that were canned because of the financial crises, and had to scratch entirely from scratch again.

Come on Honda, don't disappoint like you did with the CRZ... How far away from the CRX's simple nature was that car - sigh.

14. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Yes sir I think you are correct.

15. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    Yup they are turning into disposable appliances

16. Bounce

Bounce Formula 3

Nov 30, 2009
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I think it sounds great, for a hybrid too :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmJCaDuG1ho]2015 Acura NSX Prototype on track - YouTube[/ame]

17. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
  18. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    The interior reminds me a little LFA's..!

19. DriveAfterDark

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    It reminds me a lot of the LFA :) Very solid looking and much more focused than the LFA's.

(I like the LFA a lot)

20. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #20 Mark(study), Aug 7, 2013
  21. DriveAfterDark

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    #21 DriveAfterDark, Aug 7, 2013
  22. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson drove a yellow one in a recent show segment, and called it the best car he's ever driven.

Sorry, to drop off topic... but its has been a long wait for actual NSX news ;)

23. wingfeather

wingfeather F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    rock bottom
    No. Never have & never will.

24. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
  25. atomicskiracer