2015 Indy Car | Page 7 | FerrariChat

2015 Indy Car

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by BartonWorkman, Jan 30, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IndyFan

IndyFan Karting

Feb 21, 2010
    Cars heading to pit lane. They anticipate session 2 will begin in approximately 10 minutes

2. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Just like last year, attempting to watch Indy Car practice live streaming on Indy Car's own website,
    clicking on the icon to begin the video gets the spinning beach ball for several minutes
    until being met with a window stating "We are off the air now, please check back later" (or whatever).

This can't be right but for Indy Cars, whose main sponsor is Verizon which surely must have
    technicians who can handle getting their broadcasts on live streaming, it seems to be par
    for the course.

BHW

3. IndyFan

IndyFan Karting

Feb 21, 2010
    I had absolutely no problems live streaming yesterday.

4. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    Qualifying delayed due to rain? All the drivers interviewed say they don't see any lightening and don't know why they're not out there. Seems there is another disappointment every time I turn on the the TV to watch indycar.

5. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    whoever planned this race for mid April didn't look at historical forecasts for New Orleans in mid April.

6. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    at least IndyCar is having some fun with it...

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=57LKp1g1PRY[/ame]

7. IndyFan

IndyFan Karting

Feb 21, 2010

I put New Orleans into my weather bug app and it showed an alert for lightning in the area. You can't ask fans to sit on metal stands or track workers to be out in the open if lightning is close by.

It has now passed and the cars are about to qualify.

8. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Qualy cancelled; field set on entrant points.

Penske starts 1/2/4/5.

;)

9. IndyFan

IndyFan Karting

Feb 21, 2010
    GPofNOLA 4 minutes ago
    It's official. #GPofNOLA will start 45 minutes early, green flag set for 1:45 CST. @NBCSN broadcast starts 1:35pm CST.

10. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    interesting....

11. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Why? Weather?

12. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Amen. The humidity alone is ankle deep....

13. indy-25

indy-25 Karting

Nov 19, 2006
    Hopefully moving it up will allow it to be a 100% dry race.

There were some nasty lightening strikes in the area.

14. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    yeah LA is on the bottom edge of "tornado alley", they can get some nasty storms this time of year...and its late enough to be hot and humid...they should either make it the season opener in early March or move to the end of the season. doing the championship awards ceremony/party in New Orleans in October would be awesome....

15. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Who knows the correct race start time? 2:30pm EST? Used to be 3pm?

16. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    This could only happen to Indy Car...

BHW

17. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    Ok, I can understand if there was lightening to cancel qualifying but, from the person I heard who was there, it was pretty distant and he thought they should be running. But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for playing it safe - it would be a worse story if a bunch of fans got electrocuted on the metal bleachers. I still don't like the reasoning behind not doing qualifying tomorrow morning (instead of the extra practice) or instead of using prior practice times - going by current points just gives the advantage to penske and makes it less interesting.

I really try to give Indycar a chance, I really do. But there's ALWAYS something.

I wish they would broadcast the IndyLights or Pro Mazda races - those are a blast to watch.

18. IndyFan

IndyFan Karting

Feb 21, 2010
    I believe so. I think they're trying to get the race in before the afternoon storms start building.

19. gretel1011

gretel1011 Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom F
    It's supposed to be 2:30 pm EST

20. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    The bit I saw on the qualifying TV broadcast before they switched over to hockey was the "incident"
    with Bourdais which drew a penalty and caused Jimmy Vasser to say "chicken ****" live on the air.

The "incident" in which Bourdais missed his turn-in, going down a run off, righting himself
    and re-entering ahead of Kanaan caused Indy Car to penalize Bourdais by erasing his
    qualifying times was officiating over reach at its worst and favoritism towards the Ganassi
    driver at best.

Weather aside, over reacting to a seemingly innocuous incident such as this leading to
    a top driver being penalized only serves to outline many of Indy Car's issues.

Since the whole qualifying was scrapped due to the weather, it becomes a non-issue but
    had the qualifying stood, this would have erupted into a major brouhaha.

BHW

21. IndyFan

IndyFan Karting

Feb 21, 2010
    #171 IndyFan, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
    Indy Grand Prix of Louisiana

UPDATED SCHEDULE for SUNDAY, APRIL 12

PRO MAZDA RACE #1 7:55 A 8:15 A
    USF2000 RACE #2 8:30 A 9:00 A
    PRO MAZDA RACE #2 11:45 A 12:15 P
    INDY GRAND PRIX OF LOUISIANA PRE-RACE 12:30 P 1:30 P
    NBC SPORTS NETWORK BROADCAST WINDOW 1:30 P 5:00 P
    INDY GRAND PRIX OF LOUISIANA – GREEN FLAG 1:45 P 5:00 P

LAST UPDATED (11 - APR - 2015 – 8:00PM) - ALL TIMES CENTRAL

22. IndyFan

IndyFan Karting

Feb 21, 2010

One of the reasons they picked this weekend is because the French Quarter Festival is also this weekend which draws 500,000. They hope to introduce some of those people to IndyCar.

23. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    interesting logic from the same people deathly afraid of competing with the NFL....

24. IndyFan

IndyFan Karting

Feb 21, 2010
    I don't think it was IndyCar that picked the date but NOLA Motorsports park. There is a video out there of the track President discussing her plans for the future. She is very dedicated to making this race a success in New Orleans.

25. 121Designer

121Designer Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2013
    Burbank,California
    Full Name:
    Joshua Lange
    Did any of you attend the Formula E Long Beach debut last Saturday? It was a lot of fun to see the beginning of the future of racing. Now we just need some gear whining or something to let us know the speeds.

Anyone have any suggestions for a good place to watch the upcoming Long Beach Grand Prix race from experience? (other than the comfort of my couch)Thank you in advance.