2014 F1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 29 | FerrariChat

2014 F1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jul 6, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmZVG3Rpsx8]Kimi: ''Car wont go straight even on straights'' Silverstone FP2 2014 - YouTube[/ame]

Not sure where to post it, but since it's from the weekend might as well put it here.

The F14Turd apparently won't even go in a straight line on a straight...

2. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    hahahaha best vettel meme of the year.

3. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    +1

4. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    A bit further digging RE the Kimi not able to drive his car in a straight line radio:

Apparently one of his mechanics made a big mistake during setup! Says it all about his engineers; 2 left feet used to hold the hammer :rolleyes:.

I'm not an F1 setup genius, but AFAIK the only way to make a car almost impossible to drive in a straight line (and hideous in the corners) is to have 0 toe on the front (And lets ignore the rear for now)...

5. Dino Chang

Dino Chang Guest

Dec 29, 2012
    I suppose any disagreement on this subject is totaly irrelevant. Because there has never or ever will there be a season were top drivers only drive and say nothing. That's the reality of real world F1 racing. I cant name a season when any top driver battling for the WC did no of track talking or quips on or of track?
    I want to hear and see the passion, the anger and even the foot in mouth moments. Its great and adds to the season.
    Some people have said the Alonso v Vettel radio spatts were unnecessary , I don't, I loved it. In fact it would have been a great moment for Alonso to do another Schumacher/Senna or even Hunt and smacked Vettel, or Vettel smack Alonso??:D
    So it seems I am getting what I want to see.....and hear, and it will go on and on.

6. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    There was a time when "fool's names and fool's faces often appear in public places" but that seems a quaint notion in our over hyped celebrity culture.

7. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    This car is a joke. Both drivers are working very hard, I will give them that. Alonso is just better at driving poor machinery...once the car gets better Kimi will get closer.

8. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    You still gave the "tiara" to Alonso which was interesting considering he had one whiny radio message vs. Vettel's 5 or whatever. Yes, they were both being whiny, but still...

9. Dino Chang

Dino Chang Guest

Dec 29, 2012
    That's thanks to the Internet and social media I suppose.

10. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    They haven't helped but the trend preceded them.

11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Fully agree. F2015 will apparently have push rods again. Yay. :)

This side we had many radios from Alonso (and Vettel). They where both going at it (to notify the stewards for a penalty for either).

12. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

They are taking so long to make that a reality. I do hope its soon for Kimi's sake.

13. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    I am hoping that ditching the pull rod works wonders...

14. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    After listening to the actual interview, this is more about yellow journalism than LH playing mind games.

He should take a page out of Kimi's book. The more you say to the press, the more opportunity to twist throwaway comments into a controversy.

15. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Yawn. you didn't read my post. take off the blinkers.

Exactly. We don't know how much faster Nico could have gone.......or how much fuel Lewis was wasting to catch him....for example. As I said, you might be right, but who knows.

He sounds like an idiot when he says that sort of thing. IMO, it reflects badly on him.

16. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Nico Rosberg has shrugged off Lewis Hamilton's suggestion he is not a true German ahead of F1's arrival at Hockenheim in two weeks' time.

Hamilton joked with the British press that Rosberg, who was born in Wiesbaden and races under the German flag, is not a true German because he grew up in Monaco. But Rosberg said the jibe has been blown out of proportion and, in any case, did not bother him.

"I was actually there at the stage when he said that, and it was actually the person interviewing who did those questions. Lewis didn't really answer much to them. Anyway, what do you want me to say? Everybody can judge however they want.

He added: "I didn't grow up in Germany so I suppose I'm not as German as he is British, but I consider myself 100% German."

Rosberg said he had felt like he had been supported at the British Grand Prix regardless of his nationality and is hoping for more of the same in Germany.

"I hope I get a lot of support, but even the British crowd has been great because, yeah, they've supported Lewis but I got all the respect, and that was really nice to see. I could enjoy the great atmosphere they brought to the race track."

© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.

17. Dino Chang

Dino Chang Guest

Dec 29, 2012
    That may well be, but who are you talking about? My posts on this subject have refered to Alll drivers in general.
    Most drivers can sound like idiots as can most of us. Its called being a passionate human.

18. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    yeah ok....but some do it more than others.

19. Dino Chang

Dino Chang Guest

Dec 29, 2012
    Good for Nico for putting the record straight. So after all the BS on this thread, things were never what they seemed. However what Nico has said will be quickly forgotten within the day, just so the haters can hate.

20. Dino Chang

Dino Chang Guest

Dec 29, 2012
    I agree mate, but usualy its the drivers who are at the sharp end fighting for the WC.
    I remember well when everyones golden boy was Vettle. People saying how he was the model driver, the gentle man, the perfect f1 driver with great servings of humility.
    Lol, how i laugh now his guard has droped and his true colors are shown. But i love it.

21. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Am I the only one who suspects the Nico and Lewis are having a bit of fun with the press?

This whole German, not German thing is absurd.

22. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Probably, it's something to talk about but as I said earlier it's tit for tat and nothing to be taken to seriously IMO.

23. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    And yet people want to chuck Fred n Kimi ASAP as if this pos car was their fault; again tombazis and fry need to go as the aero/chassis has been substandard for years, and now the power unit sux too.

24. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    I wish that F1 wasn't so much of a joke itself these days.

25. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Well, England team are one of the first to come back from Brazil. Hence, i understand Lewis's frustration. On the bright side, the English players will be the freshest once the new season starts :D