2013 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIA GRAND PRIX ***SPOILERS*** | Page 31 | FerrariChat

2013 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIA GRAND PRIX ***SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'F1' started by nsxrebel, Mar 23, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Ditto.

2. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    You can't both eat the same hat.

3. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    LOL
    I'll eat Max then..with a lot of gravy ;)

4. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    She made a couple of cameo appearances during the race...

5. Nosevi

Nosevi Formula 3

Jul 8, 2011
    Lincoln
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Lol. Look I'm not saying I think Nico is faster, as it happens I don't, I'm just saying I'm not sure people realise how talented some drivers are and Nico is one of them (one of the talented drivers, not the people who don't know......).

Best way to find out who's the most talented? Well you need to have a level playing field without one effecting the other so just put them one at a time into Indie car and see which one wins that season by the most points. :D

6. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Top gear track reasonably priced car ;)

7. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Ok B danke :)

8. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Like any sports argument it's unresolvable.
    Who ever has the most points at the end of the year will have the best claim though.

9. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

January 14, 2006, New England vs. San Diego in one of the AFC divisional championship games.

San Diego leads 21 -13 and has controlled the ball all day. New England is mounting a drive and gets to the SD 41 yard line. It is 4th down and 5 yards to go. Later the SD coach said that he told his players to 'knock the ball down," if Brady tries to complete a pass.

Tom Brady passes to Troy Brown, but it is intercepted by Marlon McCree. If Marlon knocks the ball down, SD takes over and perhaps runs out the clock. But, Marlon doesn't knock the ball down. He catches it, ego shinning for all to see. During his return, Troy Brown causes McCree to fumble, giving the ball back to NE, with a first down. NE goes in to score; and get the two point conversion to tie the game. NE wins in Overtime.

After the game, a reporter reminds Marlon that if he had knocked the ball down, as instructed, SD would have the ball and a chance to run out the clock.

McCree gets in the reporter's face and said "Why should I knock it down? Brady threw the ball right to me."

The reporter said, "Yeah, how did that work out for you?"

Coaches know what they are doing. Athletes need to listen.

10. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +1

I posted a while back I was getting a little "concerned" about her absence. But she was definitely making her usual witty & insightful comments while the race was on! :) [Even if any noobs would still require an Is'm translator ;)]

Cheers,
    Ian

11. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    OK.
    Sometimes it does turn out for the best.
    ;)

12. Nosevi

Nosevi Formula 3

Jul 8, 2011
    Lincoln
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Agreed. I'd sooner have no team orders though. And tyres that aren't made of blancmange just to try to make it interesting. It'd be interesting if you went back to two tyre manufacturers so teams can choose the best tyre rather than one with an operating window so narrow it's pure luck if you hit it, melt if they're a tad too warm, fall apart if they're a tad too cold, and randomly grip or not grip. 7 winners in 7 races, or whatever it was, how exciting! How bleeding random! I hate these tyres so much......

13. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    I hear you, but beg to differ - At least in most cases. The *best* of the coaches command respect because of who they are, their history and power of personality. Sure, they'd be crazy not to listen to their "veterans" (who have the ear of the locker room/garage of course), but at the end of the day, even highly paid pro's don't mess with their coaches - At least until they decide they want out......

Cheers,
    Ian

14. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Fair enough. Same was being said last year too. Again, as the Viz often notes, all depends on who's ox is being gored.

FWIW, according to the folks here at least, you're in a *tiny* minority;

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/f1/396544-7-winners-7-races-good-bad-f1.html

Cheers,
    Ian

15. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
  16. Nosevi

Nosevi Formula 3

Jul 8, 2011
    Lincoln
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Don't get me wrong, I'd like it to be close, lots of wheel to wheel racing with no truly dominant car. But the 'sit back and wait to see who can get to the end with a) the least stops or b) being the only guys lucky enough to get the tyres to actually work', is not what F1 should be about. Just my opinion. If they left the rules exactly the same for say three years at a time, and I mean exactly the same, the last year would be far more exciting than the first each time as the 'little' teams caught up with the big boys.

But Pirelli have succeeded in making it all about the tyres which severly limits the pace of the cars and results in things like the last race where every team boss was petrified that if their guys put the hammer down they wouldn't get to the end (although Lewis and Nico had fuel issues as well). Put tyres on that'll work, fuel them to the brim, scrub team orders and go see who's fastest. Too simple? I guess so but it'd be entertaining all the same.

17. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    #768 nsxrebel, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    In their winners/losers column, PF1 puts considerable focus on the Brazil incident, which no one really has apart from footnotes:

19. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Ermm it may explain it to an extent.

20. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I like the ending paragraph:

"Webber had a good race, but it wasn't faultless. He almost muffed the overtaking move on Jenson Button going into Turn 1 on Lap 35 despite the advantage of DRS and far better tyres. He will have got a huge amount of credit from fans for speaking his mind on the podium and doing what he does best, telling it like it is. Unlike his team-mate who was busy telling it like he would like people to think it was... even though it was."

21. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hahaha I remember a Alonso and Ham one very similar :)

22. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #774 freshmeat, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  23. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve