2012 Mclaren 12C Coupe | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2012 Mclaren 12C Coupe

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by John B, Oct 10, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    awesome car and, as has been said, seems like a great deal.

Robin, what a cool trip, kudo's to you.

2. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    Robin, how about a journal or your trip w/ photos? Would be great vicarious reading!

3. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Minor thread hijack:
    VWVortex.com - 7 Weeks and 7000 Miles in a McLaren, aka the What, Me Worry? Road Trip (the first line in the first post is a standard joke on that board about exotic cars, not a statement of fact :) )

Riverflyer: Oddly enough, when people ask me where my favorite place was, Mendocino automatically pops into my brain :D Agate Cove Inn was fantastic...

On topic comment:
    Minor point about McLaren Philly. Looks like the seller has his car serviced there. Just like in the Ferrari world, there are some shops that have a reputation that indicates that a car serviced at that location has been well taken care of by knowledgeable mechanics. In the U.S. McPhilly is that shop for Maccas. They're the highest volume dealership in sales and I think in service as well simply because the guys there are that good. I had them perform the annual service and general once-over before knocking out almost 12,000 miles in 2 months and aside from some wear and tear items wearing and tearing at an accelerated rate, the car performed flawlessly. Point is, if the seller has his work done there and says his car is good to go, you can be pretty sure that's actually the case.

4. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    Great roadtrip story!

I agree on Mclaren Philly, they've been great! Their service manager Matt Gramling was very helpful to me when I was looking for a lightly used 12C. They have done all the service on mine since I acquired it. I'm really fortunate they're so close to me. They also pick up and drop my car off in an enclosed transport every service. Matt knows my car well, feel free to call him for a quick run down.

5. jrsweeney

jrsweeney Rookie

Jan 17, 2010
    Hello John,

I am interested in your 12C. Please email me your contact info, jeremy dot r dot sweeney at gmail . Thanks, I am not able to send you pm's.

6. cuneo

cuneo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    Thanks! Still have the F355, about to have my second major done.

Damn, sorry I missed you. Glad you liked the Barolo. The cats are still very much appreciated, thanks again! Congrats on the 12c, if you do another road trip kept me know.

GLWS to OP! Car looks awesome.

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    It takes a few days for the PM feature, here, to activate.

Try again, now!

8. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    Sold the right way, I think the new buyer will really enjoy the car.

Thanks guys